Spreadnecks: COVIDIOTS, Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaxxers, Etc.

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I'm one of those who didn't realize measles is a serious disease (I don't have kids; if I did, I would pay attention). I had what looked like measles when I was in my early thirties, probably caught from a kid who was obviously sick but who was brought to a public event by his dad. I was spotty but doc didn't want to commit to measles. I have had moderate to severe hearing loss for years, maybe before it was diagnosed (it was discovered when I had an ear infection). I've tried to figure out what the hearing loss is from. Now I wonder.

I had all the shots available as a kid, not only because required by school but also my parents were thrilled that there were shots. The older kids were in time for polio (but didn't get it).
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I'm fairly sure I had measles as a kid but I have no memory of it. It would be pre-MMR vaccine and measles has R0≈12 so if it's around and you're not immune, you'll catch it.

But when asked recently to take a makes immunity test by our hospital occupational health people I said "don't bother, just give me the MMR anyway" as I'm always game to have my immunity boosted, plus I don't think I ever had mumps (the second M of MMR).

Whatever vaccine you have in your syringe, I'll probably take it!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

There was a recent opinion piece in the New York Times entitled The Mask Mandates Did Nothing. Will Any Lessons Be Learned? Below is the beginning of a Twitter thread pointing out the ridiculous points of the referenced study. I highly recommend you read the thread.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Well, dang. After posting the above tweet, I saw this thread. Health Nerd is a doc god in my opinion, so I need to share this.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks for sharing.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Not Covid, but...
Dozens of families in Spain’s Basque Country have taken legal action after a nurse was accused of faking the administration of routine child vaccinations.

Local authorities opened an investigation last autumn after parents began publicly voicing concerns about the nurse’s attempts to discourage them from getting their children vaccinated during visits to a health centre in Santurtzi, about nine miles from Bilbao. Parents also raised concerns about the way she appeared to inject the vaccines.

The controversy burst into public view this week when 42 families launched a legal challenge that accuses the nurse, who has not been named, of falsifying documents and the misuse of public funds.

“All of these families have been vaccinated – or not – by this nurse,” said Aitzol Asla, the lawyer representing the families. “Some noticed that she was administering the vaccines in an odd way; she would jab it in very quickly and then it appeared as though she would throw the whole vial into the rubbish bin.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... en-vaccine
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oh jeebus.
Pictures of the jar!
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

She became an anti-vaccine icon, and vanished. She’s finally ready to talk about it.

Brandy Zadrozny
Mon, April 10, 2023 at 2:00 PM GMT+2·

HIGDON, Ala. — Tiffany Dover is alive. Sitting across from Tiffany at her kitchen table, this is obvious. She breathes in and out. She gestures with her hands. She laughs generously. Dimples carve into both cheeks when she smiles, which she does a lot. Her eyes are wide and bright and terribly blue.

“I didn’t die that day,” Tiffany tells me. “But the life I knew did.”

I’d been following Tiffany since that day, Dec. 17, 2020. Like thousands of others, I first saw her on a livestream during the national rollout of Covid vaccines to front-line workers, where Tiffany became one of the first people in the U.S. to get a shot. I was also watching when she fainted immediately after, launching a wave of misinformation and conspiracy theories that would eventually unravel her life.

The modern anti-vaccine movement was powered by unverified stories of the dead and damaged. Tiffany wasn’t the first person to be swallowed up in an anti-vaccine propaganda campaign, and she wouldn’t be the last.

The unsettling thing about it — to me and the more well-meaning conspiracy theorists who took up an interest in Tiffany’s case — was that she seemed to just disappear.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/conspiracy-t ... 42403.html
(original: NBC News)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I read that a few days ago. The antivaxxers never believe she's alive anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Doctor was medical director of America’s Frontline Doctors, the anti-vaxx group.

She had invasive surgery after Idaho Dr. Ryan Cole misdiagnosed her — now she’s suing

https://www.rawstory.com/dr-ryan-cole/
J.B. was depressed after losing her brother to COVID-19. Her menstrual cycle was out of whack, and while she assumed that was from stress and grief, her husband worried it might be something else and wanted her to see her nurse practitioner about the bleeding.

At the time, Dr. Ryan Cole ran one of the laboratories used by women’s health practices in the Boise area. That’s where J.B.’s nurse practitioner sent a biopsy taken from her body on July 6, 2021.

Cole gave a diagnosis: a rare and aggressive form of endometrial cancer.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:explode:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Now we know why he saw a sudden spike in cancer after the vaccine was released when no-one else did. Fucking quack.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Sure. Why not? :crazy:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A Darwin Award has been set aside for you :twisted:

Not only for purging the nasty critters inside your body, but for also cleaning the gen pool .... :blackeye:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Clorox chewable tablets are very convenient.

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:48 pm Image
I remember someone on another forum chastising me for being hyperbolic when I called out Diaper Don for disinformation over his "injecting disinfectant" debacle.

The ignorance continues.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:48 pm Image
I recommend blending it with some ammonia, in a toilet, and breathing in the fumes. That will definitely cure the COVID.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/2 ... e-00093510
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo personally altered a state-driven study about Covid-19 vaccines last year to suggest that some doses pose a significantly higher health risk for young men than had been established by the broader medical community, according to a newly obtained document.

Ladapo’s changes, released as part of a public records request, presented the risks of cardiac death to be more severe than previous versions of the study. He later used the final document in October to bolster disputed claims that Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines were dangerous to young men.

The surgeon general, a well-known Covid-19 vaccine skeptic, faced a backlash from the medical community after he made the assertions, which go against guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and American Academy of Pediatrics. But Ladapo’s statements aligned well with Gov. Ron DeSantis’ stance against mandatory Covid-19 vaccination.

Researchers with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and University of Florida, who viewed Ladapo’s edits on the study and have followed the issue closely, criticized the surgeon general for making the changes. One said it appears Ladapo altered the study out of political — not scientific — concerns.

“I think it’s a lie,” Matt Hitchings, an assistant professor of biostatistics at the University of Florida, said of Ladapo’s assertion that the Covid-19 vaccine causes cardiac death in young men. “To say this — based on what we’ve seen, and how this analysis was made — it’s a lie.”
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Azastan wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:09 am :snippity:
I recommend blending it with some ammonia, in a toilet, and breathing in the fumes. That will definitely cure the COVID.
You are deliciously evil.... :twisted:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:04 pm
Azastan wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:09 am :snippity:
You are deliciously evil.... :twisted:
It will clean the toilet AND the gene pool at the same time.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Coronavirus Anti-Maskers, Anti-Vaccers, Etc.

Post by Greatgrey »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:48 pm https://www.adn.com/politics/alaska-leg ... sk-policy/

JUNEAU — Alaska Airlines said Saturday that it has banned state Sen. Lora Reinbold, R-Eagle River, from its flights for continuing to refuse to follow mask-wearing requirements for travelers.

“We have notified Senator Lora Reinbold that she is not permitted to fly with us for her continued refusal to comply with employee instruction regarding the current mask policy,” spokesman Tim Thompson said by email.

“This suspension is effective immediately, pending further review. Federal law requires all guests to wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all times during travel, including throughout the flight, during boarding and deplaning, and while traveling through an airport,” he said.

The ban cast uncertainty on how Reinbold might rejoin the Alaska Senate when legislative work resumes Monday. No other airline has regularly scheduled direct flights between Anchorage and Juneau.
There are no roads into and out of Juneau. She's going to have to get creative, but it won't be easy or cheap. :biggrin:
She’s pulling a Sharon Meroni and representing herself.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67 ... -airlines/

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

What medical condition requires unfiltered room air?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Anoxia

But I’d wager her brain hasn’t needed oxygen in decades..
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Doctor Lands in the Doghouse After Giving Covid Vaccine Waivers Too Freely

Gave vaccine wavers to a dog. :rotflmao:
Lost his license.

https://kffhealthnews.org/news/article/ ... s-license/
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”