p0rtia

House Oversight and Accountability Committee

Post by p0rtia »

:rimshot:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

We could go neo-classical and refer to him as 'Blind Comer'.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Watching Chris Hayes interview Jamie Raskin about the Chinese spy/whistleblower. Entertainment value aside, I just want to say that Raskin is rocking the bandana/suit thing. I wasn’t sure at first but now I dig it.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Just had a look for the interview and found this youtube channel

Oversight Committee Democrats@OversightDems19K subscribers1.5K videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXSlya ... PqghptHtZA
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:36 pm Watching Chris Hayes interview Jamie Raskin about the Chinese spy/whistleblower. Entertainment value aside, I just want to say that Raskin is rocking the bandana/suit thing. I wasn’t sure at first but now I dig it.
Thanks for the heads up on the interview. After Wagon Train is over I'll queue up All In. I assume that was last night's episode?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Off Topic
Did I hear Raskin say last night that he wasn't running for election again?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

no-he isn't running for the senate.

He is defending his spot in the House
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:05 pm no-he isn't running for the senate.

He is defending his spot in the House
I just watched the episode, he's not running for open Senate seat, staying where he is to keep up the fight :boxing:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I thought that I probably misunderstood. I didn't think he said he was running for the Senate; I thought he said he wasn't running for reelection. I'm glad I misunderstood.

Thanks.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The Senate has prolly been beckoning to him for a while. Another thing to admire, the (relative) sacrifice of his personal ambition in this fight against fascism.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I have no real idea and its none of my business, but I am inclined to think that his cancer might have something to do with it.

A two year commitment is much less intimidating than a 6-year commitment. He might be anticipating having to retire to spend more time with his family sooner than he would like.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

keith wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:02 am I have no real idea and its none of my business, but I am inclined to think that his cancer might have something to do with it.

A two year commitment is much less intimidating than a 6-year commitment. He might be anticipating having to retire to spend more time with his family sooner than he would like.
My take as well.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 1f478&ei=5
During his months as chairman of the House Oversight Committee, far-right Rep. James Comer (R-Kentucky) has zeroed in on President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden. Comer has been touting "informant" Gal Luft as a key witness in his Hunter Biden probe, but Luft is now facing eight federal criminal counts from U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecutors for the Southern District of New York — including one for acting as an unregistered foreign agent for China.

At a news conference on July 13, CNN's Manu Raju asked House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-California) to weigh in on the indictment Luft is facing and its relevance to Hunter Biden. And the speaker tried to argue that the indictment makes Comer's probe stronger.

Raju noted that Comer has "promoted" Luft as an "informant" in the Hunter Biden probe, adding that Luft has been indicted by DOJ and asking McCarthy, "Does that undermine the case at all?"

The speaker responded, "No, it wouldn't undermine the case. To extrapolate that even further, the Justice Department went after him while Hunter Biden received more money from the same foreign CEFC company that this informant did. Much more…. So, it would only make the case stronger that the government really didn't look into Hunter Biden."

After video of that news conference was posted on Twitter, political strategist Josh Stack slammed McCarthy's comments as an example of Republicans saying that "up is down," "left is right" and "good is bad."
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I agree with Stack, these people are nucking futz!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Press Release
Published: Jul 17, 2023
Former FBI Supervisory Special Agent Confirms IRS Whistleblower Testimony
WASHINGTON—House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer issued the following statement after committee staff today conducted a transcribed interview with a former FBI supervisory special agent assigned to the FBI’s Wilmington office and the Biden criminal investigation:

“Today, a former FBI supervisory special agent assigned to the FBI’s Wilmington office and the Biden criminal investigation confirmed key portions of the IRS whistleblower’s testimony. The night before the interview of Hunter Biden, both Secret Service headquarters and the Biden transition team were tipped off about the planned interview. On the day of the Hunter Biden interview, federal agents were told to stand by and could not approach Hunter Biden—they had to wait for his call. As a result of the change in plans, IRS and FBI criminal investigators never got to interview Hunter Biden as part of the investigation.

“The Justice Department’s efforts to cover up for the Bidens reveals a two-tiered system of justice that sickens the American people. The Oversight Committee, along with the Judiciary Committee and Ways and Means Committee, will continue to seek the answers, transparency, and accountability that the American people demand and deserve.”

Below are key takeaways from today’s transcribed interview of a former FBI supervisory special agent.
  • As part of the criminal investigation into Hunter Biden, there were multiple witness interviews planned for December 8, 2020. IRS Supervisory Special Agent Gary Shapley and the former FBI supervisory special agent were assigned to interview Hunter Biden.
  • On the evening of December 7, 2020, Shapley and the FBI supervisory special agent learned that FBI headquarters had notified Secret Service headquarters about the planned interview with Hunter Biden. Additionally, they learned the Biden transition team was notified about the planned interview. This was not the original plan by the career agents, which frustrated their investigative efforts because people found out who didn’t need to know.
  • On December 8, 2020, Shapley and the FBI supervisory special agent were notified they would not be allowed to approach Hunter Biden’s house and instead would have to wait near his residence until Hunter Biden contacted them.
  • The former FBI supervisory special agent told committee investigators he had never been told to wait outside to be contacted by the subject of an investigation.
    As a result of these actions, Shapley and the former FBI supervisory special agent never interviewed Hunter Biden.
https://oversight.house.gov/release/for ... %ef%bf%bc/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I take it that all Democratic members of the committee agreed to the fullest extent. Please name them that we can shame them.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:51 pm
Press Release
Published: Jul 17, 2023
Former FBI Supervisory Special Agent Confirms IRS Whistleblower Testimony
WASHINGTON—House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer issued the following statement after committee staff today conducted a transcribed interview with a former FBI supervisory special agent assigned to the FBI’s Wilmington office and the Biden criminal investigation:

“Today, a former FBI supervisory special agent assigned to the FBI’s Wilmington office and the Biden criminal investigation confirmed key portions of the IRS whistleblower’s testimony. The night before the interview of Hunter Biden, both Secret Service headquarters and the Biden transition team were tipped off about the planned interview. On the day of the Hunter Biden interview, federal agents were told to stand by and could not approach Hunter Biden—they had to wait for his call. As a result of the change in plans, IRS and FBI criminal investigators never got to interview Hunter Biden as part of the investigation.

“The Justice Department’s efforts to cover up for the Bidens reveals a two-tiered system of justice that sickens the American people. The Oversight Committee, along with the Judiciary Committee and Ways and Means Committee, will continue to seek the answers, transparency, and accountability that the American people demand and deserve.”

Below are key takeaways from today’s transcribed interview of a former FBI supervisory special agent.
  • As part of the criminal investigation into Hunter Biden, there were multiple witness interviews planned for December 8, 2020. IRS Supervisory Special Agent Gary Shapley and the former FBI supervisory special agent were assigned to interview Hunter Biden.
  • On the evening of December 7, 2020, Shapley and the FBI supervisory special agent learned that FBI headquarters had notified Secret Service headquarters about the planned interview with Hunter Biden. Additionally, they learned the Biden transition team was notified about the planned interview. This was not the original plan by the career agents, which frustrated their investigative efforts because people found out who didn’t need to know.
  • On December 8, 2020, Shapley and the FBI supervisory special agent were notified they would not be allowed to approach Hunter Biden’s house and instead would have to wait near his residence until Hunter Biden contacted them.
  • The former FBI supervisory special agent told committee investigators he had never been told to wait outside to be contacted by the subject of an investigation.
    As a result of these actions, Shapley and the former FBI supervisory special agent never interviewed Hunter Biden.
https://oversight.house.gov/release/for ... %ef%bf%bc/
"On the day of the Hunter Biden interview, federal agents were told to stand by and could not approach Hunter Biden—they had to wait for his call. As a result of the change in plans, IRS and FBI criminal investigators never got to interview Hunter Biden as part of the investigation."

"On December 8, 2020, Shapley and the FBI supervisory special agent were notified they would not be allowed to approach Hunter Biden’s house and instead would have to wait near his residence until Hunter Biden contacted them.
The former FBI supervisory special agent told committee investigators he had never been told to wait outside to be contacted by the subject of an investigation.
As a result of these actions, Shapley and the former FBI supervisory special agent never interviewed Hunter Biden."

You could drove a truck o' dung through the lacuna between "As a result of" and "never got to interview."

Bookmarking this for comparison when we get an honest retelling of what happened. Spoiler: I'm guessing lawyers will be involved.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just throwing this out there but perhaps more pressing issues popped up in early Dec 2020.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:46 pm I take it that all Democratic members of the committee agreed to the fullest extent. Please name them that we can shame them.
I have no idea why you believe the minority party's committee members would agree with the committee chair's :callonme: presser.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Oversight Committee @GOPoversight wrote: 🚨BREAKING🚨

Today, we are releasing a timeline of the Biden family’s influence peddling schemes.

President Biden has repeatedly denied knowing anything about his family’s business dealings despite evidence to the contrary.

Our timeline contains important dates as to when Joe Biden knew and lied to the American people about his family’s business schemes.
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Announcement of Trumps coming indictment for 2020 overthrow. Two days later? Release of Hunter & Joe Biden incriminating evidence of influence peddling. Go figure.
raison de arizona

Annrc wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:14 pm Announcement of Trumps coming indictment for 2020 overthrow. Two days later? Release of Hunter & Joe Biden incriminating evidence of influence peddling. Go figure.
Funny how that works. :think:

The timeline: https://oversight.house.gov/the-bidens- ... -timeline/
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

President Biden has repeatedly denied knowing anything about his family’s business dealings despite evidence to the contrary.
How does that track with his alleged dementia, hmmm?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:14 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:46 pm I take it that all Democratic members of the committee agreed to the fullest extent. Please name them that we can shame them.
I have no idea why you believe the minority party's committee members would agree with the committee chair's :callonme: presser.
I guess there have been one or more smilies missing ;)
tek

Post by tek »

Today, we are releasing a timeline of the Biden family’s influence peddling schemes.
That timeline has zero relevant content, as far as I can tell

Return to “Current Politics”