#Brunson v. Adams - MAGAts Version of Birthers Hopium / ReVote2017 SCOTUS Case

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I was thinking "I don't remember what this case claims to be about." On the basis that others might be thinking the same, here's a extracts from a reality-based Salt Lake Tribune piece quoted in an earlier post by Luke:
The suit, which leans on baseless claims of fraud in the 2020 elections, seeks to kick President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris and nearly 400 members of Congress out of office and reinstate Donald Trump to the White House.
[…]
The lawsuit claims members of Congress violated their oaths of office by allegedly failing to investigate and covering up evidence of foreign election interference that rigged the election against Donald Trump.
[…]
The complaint asks that the 387 members of Congress who voted to certify Biden’s election be immediately thrown out of office and barred from ever running again. Biden and Harris would also be removed from the White House and banned from running, as would former Vice President Mike Pence.
The article also describes how the nutters demand Trump be declared President, bypassing completely the prescribed order of succession. So that shows the limit of the nutters' respect for the constitution, no, it's all about Trump worship. Of course there is also a demand for a large fleet of golden ponies in damages. Well, don't ask, don't get!
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:16 am I was thinking "I don't remember what this case claims to be about." On the basis that others might be thinking the same, here's a extracts from a reality-based Salt Lake Tribune piece quoted in an earlier post by Luke:
The suit, which leans on baseless claims of fraud in the 2020 elections, seeks to kick President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris and nearly 400 members of Congress out of office and reinstate Donald Trump to the White House.
[…]
The lawsuit claims members of Congress violated their oaths of office by allegedly failing to investigate and covering up evidence of foreign election interference that rigged the election against Donald Trump.
[…]
The complaint asks that the 387 members of Congress who voted to certify Biden’s election be immediately thrown out of office and barred from ever running again. Biden and Harris would also be removed from the White House and banned from running, as would former Vice President Mike Pence.
The article also describes how the nutters demand Trump be declared President, bypassing completely the prescribed order of succession. So that shows the limit of the nutters' respect for the constitution, no, it's all about Trump worship. Of course there is also a demand for a large fleet of golden ponies in damages. Well, don't ask, don't get!
That was the earlier case(s). The current case is against the 3 female liberal justices (and 100 Jane Does though not part of the appeal) who Raland Brunson claimed voted to deny their cert petition thus denying their God-given right to petition the government.

Of course, their pony is that Trump begins POTUS again because of a ruling, which they will not get.

This one has been a huge fail for many reasons:

1. You can't sue judges for rulings
2. They sued SCOTUS justices in the Utah STATE court (removed to the federal court by the defendants).
3. We do not know who voted yes or no to the denial of Raland's earlier case.
4. They only sued 3 female justices, which would not even make a majority of those who voted yes, if it were not unanimous, which we do not know.
101010 :towel:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Wow! Shows how out of touch I am (or was!).

Thanks for the correction.
bob

Post by bob »

northland10 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:12 pm It will probably get distributed for the 23 May conference since there was an explicit waiver of a response (distribution is next Wednesday) but sometimes the printed instructions and schedule is not always followed.
It was distributed to the May 23 conference. Meaning May 28 is when SCOTUS will announce the petition's death.

Betting window is open as to denial or dismissal (due to lack of quorum)! :towel:
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

Grifters gotta.
Image ImageImage

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”