💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Post by raison de arizona »

Coward, where is the courage of his convictions? Bowing to the turtle? I'm sure the base will love that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cathy-mc ... b2e782db85
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, a Republican from Washington state who leads one of the most influential U.S. House committees, announced Thursday that she won’t run for reelection this year.

McMorris Rodgers chairs the powerful House Energy and Commerce Committee — which, including McMorris Rodgers, will be losing eight of its 51 members to retirement next year.

The loss of one of the GOP’s most important and seasoned members comes as Republicans struggle to unite under a new GOP House leader with a precarious 219-212 majority.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 12.11.24 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 12.11.24 PM.png (127.58 KiB) Viewed 823 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna138233
Wisconsin GOP Rep. Mike Gallagher, who made news earlier this week with his vote against impeaching Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, announced on Saturday that he won’t run for re-election this year.

“The Framers intended citizens to serve in Congress for a season and then return to their private lives. Electoral politics was never supposed to be a career and, trust me, Congress is no place to grow old. And so, with a heavy heart, I have decided not to run for re-election,” Gallagher said in his statement.
He voted against the Mayorkas impeachment.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wonder if there's been threats against his family.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:08 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna138233
Wisconsin GOP Rep. Mike Gallagher, who made news earlier this week with his vote against impeaching Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, announced on Saturday that he won’t run for re-election this year.

“The Framers intended citizens to serve in Congress for a season and then return to their private lives. Electoral politics was never supposed to be a career and, trust me, Congress is no place to grow old. And so, with a heavy heart, I have decided not to run for re-election,” Gallagher said in his statement.
Translation: "My ass is going to be primaried because I don't have sufficient loyalty to Zee Orange Furher..."
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:08 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna138233

Figure Buck and McClintock will have similar announcements soon (if they haven't already)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:19 pm Figure Buck and McClintock will have similar announcements soon (if they haven't already)
Buck had already announced his retirement. It's his district that BooBoo is moving to.
101010 :towel:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I thought it likely at least one of them had. So...

Over/under on how long 'til McClintock's announcement that he will not run for re-election? Or should someone just buy a head of cabbage?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Senate Republican argues Ukraine funding could lead to Trump impeachment

Miranda Nazzaro
Mon, February 12, 2024 at 7:44 PM GMT+1·

Republican Sen. JD Vance (Ohio) argued Monday that the latest Senate proposal to fund Ukraine and Israel could spark an impeachment of former President Trump if he is reelected in November.

Vance sent a memo to each of his Republican colleagues in the Senate, claiming “an impeachment time bomb” is “buried” in the bill’s text in the case Trump should try to halt funding for Ukraine while president.

“The supplemental represents an attempt by the foreign policy blob/deep state to stop President Trump from pursuing his desired policy, and if he does so anyways, to provide grounds to impeach him and undermine his administration,” Vance wrote in his memo, calling for all Republicans to oppose the bill’s passage.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senate-repub ... 38756.html
(original: The Hill)
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Johnson rejects border deal.
Senate passes aid deal for Ukraine and Israel.
Johnson rejects aid deal because there's no border security.

WTAF?

How does that swarmy little bastard look himself in the mirror?

Senate passes $95 billion Ukraine, Israel aid package amid GOP divide

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... on-senate/
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:03 pm
Senate Republican argues Ukraine funding could lead to Trump impeachment

Miranda Nazzaro
Mon, February 12, 2024 at 7:44 PM GMT+1·
“The supplemental represents an attempt by the foreign policy blob/deep state to stop President Trump from pursuing his desired policy, and if he does so anyways, to provide grounds to impeach him and undermine his administration,” Vance wrote in his memo, calling for all Republicans to oppose the bill’s passage.
Isn't that kind of like blaming a bank for being robbed? After all, if they didn't have all that money, the robber wouldn't have violated the law to steal it.

It also reminds me of the R's complaining about "Perjury traps". The simplest way to avoid a perjury trap is to not commit perjury. Likewise, the way for Trump to avoid being impeached would be to obey a law that has been duly passed by Congress and signed by the sitting President.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I just find it funny that the Republicans don't want to send the money to Ukraine. However, that's really not how it works. The majority of the money designated for Ukraine gets spent here, in the U.S., on weaponry which is then sent to Ukraine. So the bill is really a benefit for our defense industry.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:49 pm I just find it funny that the Republicans don't want to send the money to Ukraine. However, that's really not how it works. The majority of the money designated for Ukraine gets spent here, in the U.S., on weaponry which is then sent to Ukraine. So the bill is really a benefit for our defense industry.
You'd think those weapons manufacturers would be leaning harder on their GOP pals.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Manu Raju @mkraju wrote: Rep. Warren Davidson told me that Mike Johnson would face a motion to vacate if he puts the Senate's $95B aid package on House floor.

"He would need Democrats to hold onto the gavel at that point," Davidson said, adding that warnings from conservatives is "not an empty threat"
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Turds. What a waste of time. Good thing there's nothing in this country that needs their attention, otherwise we'd all be in trouble.
Jamie Dupree @jamiedupree wrote: House votes to impeach DHS Secretary Mayorkas
raison de arizona

Yeah, they've got important schtuff to do, like impeach Mayorkas. No time for anything else!
https://x.com/JakeSherman/status/175750 ... 60590?s=20
Jake Sherman @JakeSherman wrote: 🚨🚨🚨NEWS — just caught up with @SpeakerJohnson

I asked if he thought he’d put the senate aid bill on the floor. No. He won’t.

“I certainly don’t right now. We're dealing with the appropriations process. We have immediate deadlines upon us and that's where the attention f the House is in this moment.“
raison de arizona

I think the word you are looking for here is POINTLESS, what you did was POINTLESS.
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Boebert: “Just now, we impeached Secretary Mayorkas! Now that’s delivering for the American people and I’m proud to be a part of it!”
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The problem with being stupid is that you are too stupid to know that you are stupid.
June bug

Post by June bug »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:09 pm The problem with being stupid is that you are too stupid to know that the people you elected are stupid.
FIFU.
raison de arizona

Forget Moscow Mitch, it's Moscow Mike Johnson and his ilk that we should be concerned about.
https://x.com/ColMoeDavis/status/175744 ... 58147?s=20
Moe Davis (U.S. Air Force, Retired) @ColMoeDavis wrote: So Moscow Mike Johnson got thousands of dollars in campaign cash from a corporation that’s 88% owned by 3 Russian oligarchs tied to Putin and now he’s blocking aid for Ukraine in their fight against Putin.
@SpeakerJohnson … the finest politician rubles can buy!
WTF Seriously 🇺🇲 🇺🇦 @stopbeingaderp wrote: Hey @SpeakerJohnson, this explains why you are pushing so hard against Ukraine support.

"A group of Russian nationals were able to donate to newly elected House Speaker Mike Johnson's campaign in 2018 by funneling the money through a U.S. company."
From newsweek.com
https://www.newsweek.com/house-speaker- ... na-1838501
raison de arizona

AND A PONY! AND A PPPPOOOONNNNYYYY!
Speaker Mike Johnson wants Biden meeting before any action on Ukraine and Israel aid package
The House speaker, who has previously met with Biden, is seeking a one-on-one meeting ahead of any movement on legislation that would provide aid for the U.S. allies.

House Speaker Mike Johnson wants an in-person, one-on-one meeting with President Joe Biden before proceeding with a supplemental aid package with funding for Ukraine and Israel, a source close to Johnson said.

Johnson, R-La., and his staff have requested the meetings with Biden through senior White House officials several times over the past two months after Johnson's trip last month to the U.S. border in Eagle Pass, Texas, the source said.

The most recent request for a meeting came just over a week ago, several days before the Senate passed a bipartisan $95 billion national security package and before House Republicans impeached Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

Johnson's requests for a meeting were not necessarily about the Senate’s version of the supplemental aid but rather about a general path forward on a legislative package.

The Senate bill, which includes aid for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, passed with support from 70 senators.

House Majority Leader Steve Scalise, R-La., said Tuesday that Biden "refuses" to meet with Johnson. [bullshit, Biden has met with him multiple times in the last month]

“Ultimately, the two of them could come to an agreement that can become law,” Scalise said. “And yet the president refuses to even meet. So the president can’t say he’s serious about Ukraine or the border when he refuses to meet with the speaker so they can come to an agreement on this issue.”

A White House official pointed to what the administration characterized as Johnson’s inconsistencies on the border, saying he needed to wrap the negotiations he has having with himself and stop delaying national security needs in the name of politics.

“That body language says: ‘I know I’m in a tough spot. Please bail me out,’” said a Democratic source involved with the supplemental aid package.

Biden met with Johnson alongside other congressional leaders less than a month ago to discuss a bipartisan immigration deal that would have unlocked aid to Ukraine. Johnson at the time called it a “productive” meeting.

Biden also spoke with Johnson last month about border security.

:snippity:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna138751
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:02 pm Forget Moscow Mitch, it's Moscow Mike Johnson and his ilk that we should be concerned about.
https://x.com/ColMoeDavis/status/175744 ... 58147?s=20
Moe Davis (U.S. Air Force, Retired) @ColMoeDavis wrote: So Moscow Mike Johnson got thousands of dollars in campaign cash from a corporation that’s 88% owned by 3 Russian oligarchs tied to Putin and now he’s blocking aid for Ukraine in their fight against Putin.
@SpeakerJohnson … the finest politician rubles can buy!
WTF Seriously 🇺🇲 🇺🇦 @stopbeingaderp wrote: Hey @SpeakerJohnson, this explains why you are pushing so hard against Ukraine support.

"A group of Russian nationals were able to donate to newly elected House Speaker Mike Johnson's campaign in 2018 by funneling the money through a U.S. company."
From newsweek.com
https://www.newsweek.com/house-speaker- ... na-1838501
All that campaign cash and Johnson has always run unopposed. Gosh.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Rolodex wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:29 pm All that campaign cash and Johnson has always run unopposed. Gosh.
And don't forget, Johnson is "humble" and doesn't have a bank account. Amazing!

Return to “Current Politics”