Donald J. Trump 2024

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Ben-Prime »

neonzx wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:52 pm Who is this Barron person?
Some kid who got TFG coffee once or twice.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

The guy who was not allowed to mow the WH lawn :twisted:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

Okay, I'm guessing that the graduation ceremony is in the morning, and he can fly to St. Paul by whenever he has to be there (+ time difference). Barron is in school in Fla, right?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don't know what time his graduation is, but every graduation I've attended was in the evening.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

Hope you're right!
p0rtia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by p0rtia »

While Donald should have time to attend both events on May 17 — Barron's graduation starts at 10 a.m., and the dinner is expected in the evening — his participation in the Minnesota event was only announced after he knew he'd be excused from court.

https://people.com/donald-trump-headlin ... on-8644487
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Bullshit on the graduation being at 10am.

I'm sure there are activities throughout the day, but looking at Oxbridge Academy's Facebook page from last year's graduation, the graduation ceremony itself clearly takes place in the evening - the photos posted show it's outside and it's dark. Moreover, you can see the graduates holding up their newly acquired diplomas.

https://www.facebook.com/OxbridgeAcademy
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Flatpoint High »

I'm sure this isn't the first time Barron has been passed over for a "campaign" event where Father can be the center of attention
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Resume18

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Resume18 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:14 pm Bullshit on the graduation being at 10am.

I'm sure there are activities throughout the day, but looking at Oxbridge Academy's Facebook page from last year's graduation, the graduation ceremony itself clearly takes place in the evening - the photos posted show it's outside and it's dark. Moreover, you can see the graduates holding up their newly acquired diplomas.

You mean . . . Donald Trump lied?
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
tek

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by tek »

:faint:
Resume18 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:10 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:14 pm Bullshit on the graduation being at 10am.

sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

Resume18 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:10 pm

Not this time. The graduation is in the morning. All of the various graduations I've attended (my own and my kid's) have always been during the day with the exception of my oldest daughter's college graduation, and that's only because they held graduation ceremonies by which degree they get and they have to clear the crowd out of the coliseum between each one. My son's college didn't do that and it took ALL FREAKING DAY to get through. In high school the kids all had much more important things to do in the evening, like go to parties and get drunk.
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:21 pm Not this time. The graduation is in the morning. All of the various graduations I've attended (my own and my kid's) have always been during the day with the exception of my oldest daughter's college graduation, and that's only because they held graduation ceremonies by which degree they get and they have to clear the crowd out of the coliseum between each one.
My high school graduation was early evening. Late enough as not to impact working parents, but early enough for afterparties. (But not so early one could attend, jet halfway across the country, and land in time for a fundraising dinner.)

I can't be bothered to look up the timing for this school's graduation.
Image ImageImage
chancery
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by chancery »

"Oxbridge"?

Effin' tacky name.
Sam the Centipede

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Sam the Centipede »

chancery wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:37 pm "Oxbridge"?

Effin' tacky name.
Perhaps Camford Academy was already taken? :biggrin:
sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

bob wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:31 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:21 pm Not this time. The graduation is in the morning. All of the various graduations I've attended (my own and my kid's) have always been during the day with the exception of my oldest daughter's college graduation, and that's only because they held graduation ceremonies by which degree they get and they have to clear the crowd out of the coliseum between each one.
My high school graduation was early evening. Late enough as not to impact working parents, but early enough for afterparties. (But not so early one could attend, jet halfway across the country, and land in time for a fundraising dinner.)

Politifact verified it's at 10:00.
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:33 pm

:gotalink:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:16 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:33 pm Politifact verified it's at 10:00.
https://www.politifact.com/article/2024 ... ork-trial/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:24 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:33 pm Politifact verified it's at 10:00.
https://www.politifact.com/article/2024 ... ork-trial/
And yet the link supporting the supposed 10am time responds with an error.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

When I clicked on it, I got a lot of outdated articles, including one that said the judge hasn't yet ruled on May 17.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

If you scroll down, you'll see -
On the first day of jury selection, Trump asked Merchan not to hold trial on May 17 so he could attend his son Barron’s high school graduation. The school ceremony at Oxbridge Academy in Palm Beach, Florida, is scheduled for 10 a.m. that day and the trial is expected to last six to eight weeks.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

I was a counter-culture warrior, also known as a damned long-haired hippie, and I refused to attend my high school graduation, in Bethesda, Maryland.

Instead, our band (I played percussion and instrument transportation in my 1968 VW bus) participated in our high school's "Counter Graduation," which consisted of a rock concert on the grounds of the Washington Monument in our nation's capital.

I have no idea in the world whether my high school graduation was early, late, or at three o'clock in the morning.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:44 pm I was a counter-culture warrior, also known as a damned long-haired hippie, and I refused to attend my high school graduation, in Bethesda, Maryland.

Instead, our band (I played percussion and instrument transportation in my 1968 VW bus) participated in our high school's "Counter Graduation," which consisted of a rock concert on the grounds of the Washington Monument in our nation's capital.

I have no idea in the world whether my high school graduation was early, late, or at three o'clock in the morning.
My last day of high school was my first night a boot camp at exotic Parris Island SC...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by northland10 »

Here's the thing.

1. Trump's group might have asked and convinced them to move the time to earlier (or later was a one-off last year, I don't know). Most folks give deference to a former president. It is about the role, not the person.

2. The only source of truth is the school which has not posted anything themselves. I don't blame them. The last thing they need is a bunch of folks protesting or supporting somebody attending the ceremony, and the Secret Service probably wants to make it as secure as possible. The fewer folks know, the better the security, so they may only be communicating with families.

In the grand scheme, this is not a problem, not an issue; it is only a thing (when I first started teaching, a mentor taught me to separate real issues from just annoying things). It will be what it is. If we get all wound up about things like this, we are letting Trump live rent-free in our brains. I will not do that.

I think graduation is about the students graduating and the parents (and not just one student and his father). Don't make it about Trump.

If he skips and goes fundraising, well, that will be for the court to deal with.
101010 :towel:
sugar magnolia

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 6:33 pm

Yeah, the website is a morass. Here's a reference to it at Newsweek, though.
The graduation ceremony is due to start in the midmorning, according to fact-checking website PolitiFact. While it is unclear exactly how long it will last Trump, 77, who owns a private jet, may well be able to make it to the dinner and attend both events.
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-a ... on-1897759

Return to “US President”