Hijack this thread

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Re: Hijack this thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 pm

She is remarkable.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:25 pm

BTW, her parents were addicted, she was placed in foster care, and eventually adopted by her maternal grandparents. And there's this:
On January 18, 2018, Biles released a statement on Twitter confirming that former USA Gymnastics physician Larry Nassar sexually assaulted her. She also called out USA Gymnastics for having an alleged role in allowing the abuse to happen and for covering it up. She did not attend the court hearings that were held from January 16 to 24, 2018 because she was not emotionally ready to face her abuser again. On January 24, 2018 Nassar was sentenced to 40–175 years in prison by Judge Rosemarie Aquilina. In May 2018, it was announced that Biles and the other survivors would be awarded the Arthur Ashe Courage Award. At the 2018 U.S. National Championships Biles designed and wore a teal leotard that she stated was meant to honor the survivors of the scandal and make a statement of unification.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simone_Biles
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:33 am

Another first from Biles.

#TokyoOlympics

@NBCOlympics
RESPECT THAT, BOW DOWN 👑 @Simone_Biles keeps making history! First woman to land a triple double in competition on floor 🔥

Video at the link.
https://mobile.twitter .com/NBCOlympics/status/1160714686352023553
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:50 am

Simone Biles has obviously not seen Notorial Dissent's signature here. :fingerwag:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 am

1) Butt and booty are synonyms.

2) Dial and call are synonyms.

3) YET, butt dialing is really different than a booty call. :think:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:28 am

Foggy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 am
1) Butt and booty are synonyms.

2) Dial and call are synonyms.

3) YET, butt dialing is really different than a booty call. :think:
It is too early for puzzlements. Coffee hasn't started my brain yet. :confused:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:30 am

So how do you parse “Last call for pirate booty?” :think:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:37 pm

I have 207 feet of drainage ditch at the back of my lot. I "own" it to the center and am responsible for it, even though there is an easement on my land title. After two very wet summers, it finally dried out last week. Time to mow it. With heavy thick grass and two years of undergrowth, my mower couldn't handle it. I decided to buy a power scythe. My dealer had the power unit I needed, but he didn't have a power scythe in stock. He sold me a hedge trimmer instead. I tried it. It worked, but it was as clumsy as anything and the motor bogged down with the long cutter blade and the thick grass. I cut the grass but decided the hedge trimmer had to go. I went to the dealer and told him he could have the hedge trimmer back, but to order the scythe I wanted in the first place. I digressed here.

When I drove up to the dealer's place, there was a pickup truck parked in front with a Trump/Pence bumper sticker attached. That's creepy. I'd have to actually encounter one of "them." Who knows what kind of nutjob is actually proud that they support that piece of work in the White House? I walked in and spent 20 minutes doing my business. The nutjob was being served by another clerk. I left and breathed a sigh of relief.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Foggy wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:04 am
NMgirl has been missing since April. Does anyone know her or any way to find out if she is OK? I sent email, but I'm worried.
She replied!
Hi, Foggy,

Great to hear from you. I am completely fine but due to a family member involved in the upcoming presidential campaign I needed to reduce my wilder and woolier internet presence to zero very abruptly. And do I ever miss you all on the Fogbow. I'll be back with bells on, very likely before the end of the primaries.

Thanks for thinking of me.

NMGirl

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 pm

I’m so very glad to hear that! Thanks, Foggy.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Good work, Fogs :thumbs:

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 pm

Addie wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 pm
Good work, Fogs :thumbs:
:happyfamily:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Huzzah! :dance:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Hundreds of lawsuits to be filed for old alleged child sexual abuse cases in NY after passage of Child Victims Act
By MEGHAN KENEALLY
Aug 14, 2019, 12:06 PM ET

Leaders of the Catholic Church in New York are facing a "dark time" in the wake of a passage of a law that now allows victims of child abuse to file civil lawsuits against offenders even if the statute of limitations expired previously.

The Child Victims Act clears the way for alleged victims of sexual abuse -- including other storied institutions as well as the Catholic Church -- for hundreds if not thousands of lawsuits to be filed by the end of the day.

Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the archbishop of New York, posted a video statement on Twitter Wednesday morning, acknowledging the legal battles.

"Today, I don't mind admitting to you, is a dark time for the church. As you have probably been hearing, this is the first day of the opening of the statute of limitations. So we are going to hear a lot today about people bringing a suit against the Catholic church and other organizations -- public schools, government organizations, Boy Scouts, hospitals, you name it -- for past sexual abuse. I just want to say that it is a tough time, it is a dark time, it's especially difficult for our beloved victims and their families to see all this dug up again, to have these wounds open. It's a tough time for our victims, survivors and families. and I'd ask you to pray for them," Dolan said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hundreds-laws ... d=64956013

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Remember how much fun we had as kids in the summer when the sun went down and we'd play games like Statue Maker and Ghost in the Graveyard after dark? Al Church wrote a song about it:

I've heard this bull before.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:45 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Hundreds of lawsuits to be filed for old alleged child sexual abuse cases in NY after passage of Child Victims Act
By MEGHAN KENEALLY
Aug 14, 2019, 12:06 PM ET

Leaders of the Catholic Church in New York are facing a "dark time" in the wake of a passage of a law that now allows victims of child abuse to file civil lawsuits against offenders even if the statute of limitations expired previously.

The Child Victims Act clears the way for alleged victims of sexual abuse -- including other storied institutions as well as the Catholic Church -- for hundreds if not thousands of lawsuits to be filed by the end of the day.

Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the archbishop of New York, posted a video statement on Twitter Wednesday morning, acknowledging the legal battles.

"Today, I don't mind admitting to you, is a dark time for the church. As you have probably been hearing, this is the first day of the opening of the statute of limitations. So we are going to hear a lot today about people bringing a suit against the Catholic church and other organizations -- public schools, government organizations, Boy Scouts, hospitals, you name it -- for past sexual abuse. I just want to say that it is a tough time, it is a dark time, it's especially difficult for our beloved victims and their families to see all this dug up again, to have these wounds open. It's a tough time for our victims, survivors and families. and I'd ask you to pray for them," Dolan said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hundreds-laws ... d=64956013
I think "wittering in they drawers" is a phrase I think I 've heard used, and would seem to fit admirably.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

tek

Post by tek » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 am

This explains a lot..
d-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no way back
from there to here

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:13 am

Rashida Tlaib Says She Won’t Visit West Bank Under Israel’s Conditions

By David M. Halbfinger
Aug. 16, 2019

JERUSALEM — A day after barring Representative Rashida Tlaib under pressure from President Trump, Israel said on Friday that she could visit her 90-year-old grandmother, who lives in the occupied West Bank, but only after she agreed in writing not to “promote boycotts against Israel” during her trip.

But after being criticized by some Palestinians and other opponents of the Israeli occupation, Ms. Tlaib, too, reversed course on Friday, saying that she would not make the trip after all. “Visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in,” she wrote on Twitter.

“Silencing me & treating me like a criminal is not what she wants for me,” Ms. Tlaib said of her grandmother. “It would kill a piece of me.”

The announcement from Israel appeared to be a second shift in position by the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The Israeli Interior Ministry initially approved a planned official visit by Ms. Tlaib, of Michigan, and another Democratic lawmaker, Representative Ilhan Omar of Minnesota. But after a public objection by President Trump, it blocked them, citing their support for the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement.

Ms. Tlaib had written to the Israeli interior minister, Aryeh Deri, appealing to be allowed to see her relatives, particularly her 90-year-old grandmother, who lives in Beit Ur al-Fouqa, a Palestinian village west of Ramallah.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/16/worl ... tlaib.html

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:48 am

It was not smart on twitler’s or Netanyahu ‘s part to make this so public. It just highlights to the world Israeli’s Palestinian policy.

tek

Post by tek » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:41 pm

awww poor widdle Chuck..
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Iowa’s Republican Senator Chuck Grassley said the Trump administration’s Environmental Protection Agency has “screwed” the U.S. ethanol industry and farmers by granting waivers to 31 small petroleum refineries, effectively exempting them from an obligation to use more ethanol in their products.
There's no way back
from there to here

tek

Post by tek » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:28 pm

not clear how my generation made it to adulthood..
d-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no way back
from there to here

tek

Post by tek » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:19 am

lucy_unions.jpg
There's no way back
from there to here

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:04 am

If unions aren't needed anymore.jpg

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Heads up for Kia owners:

A few days ago, a worldwide glitch caused the clocks on the onboard navigation/entertainment systems of many (most?) Kia models to stop working. Instead of the time/date, it now only displays --:--

This is recent enough that a service bulletin has not yet been issued about it. Some owners are reporting that dealerships are telling people they'll need to replace the navi/entertainment unit. NO.

If you're one of the many with this problem, here's the three DIY fixes that work nearly all the time, in increasing degree of difficulty:

1. Take a pen or paperclip and insert it in the tiny hole above the navigation buttons to reset the unit.
2. While the car is running, remove the SD card from the navi/entertainment unit. Let the car run for at least five minutes before re-inserting the card.
3. Remove the Multimedia fuse and leave it out for at least 15 minutes before re-inserting into the fusebox.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Return to “The Lounge”