Hijack this thread

GreatGrey

Re: Hijack this thread

Post by GreatGrey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:51 am

Looks like The Unibomber cabin.

But with microwave, VHF, UHF, cslllulat & satélite.

And electric service.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:52 am

GreatGrey wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:51 am
Looks like The Unibomber cabin.

But with microwave, VHF, UHF, cslllulat & satélite.

And electric service.
It has at least one of everything: eight data links, seven public safety agencies, six cellular providers, five wifi guys, four TV translators, three FM broadcasters, two NOAA transmitters, but no partridge in a pear tree. No pear trees of any kind in fact, but plenty of hemlock. What's missing from the photo are all the other telephone pole antenna arrays. A magnificent collection of fluster cluck.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:55 am

Sorry about the missing pear trees, but that drive! I would look forward to that for sure. That is my idea of beauty. Oh now I miss my life on the preserve. :crying:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:32 pm

you may not want to get into fight with this guy
Chinese man chops through 100 bricks in 37 seconds

Nov. 8 (UPI) -- A Chinese kung fu master showed off his skills by using his bare hands to break 100 bricks in only 37 seconds.

Wang Hua, a kung fu master who said he has been studying various martial arts disciplines since he was a child, was filmed using his bare hands to chop the 100 bricks in half.

The video shows the Wang chopping through bricks, mostly two at a time, in Bijie City, Guizhou Province.

Wang said his stunt bested his own previous record of smashing 50 bricks in 40 seconds.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/11/08 ... 541706658/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Scoop: AT&T to cut off some customers' service in piracy crackdown

AT&T will alert a little more than a dozen customers within the next week or so that their service will be terminated due to copyright infringement, according to sources familiar with its plans.

Why it matters: It's the first time AT&T has discontinued customer service over piracy allegations since having shaped its own piracy policies last year, which is significant given it just became one of America's major media companies.

Between the lines: AT&T owns a content network after its purchase of Time Warner earlier this year, an entity now called WarnerMedia. Content networks are typically responsible for issuing these types of allegations to internet service providers (ISPs) for them to address with their customers.

A source said it's unclear whether WarnerMedia was involved directly in issuing piracy allegations in these instances, although it's possible.
The details: A now-defunct industry Copyright Alert System used to be responsible for holding ISPs accountable for educating customers about the risks of pirating content.

It's unclear whether AT&T ever terminated a customer's service when it was a part of that group, as opposed to lesser responses to piracy.
AT&T, along with other ISPs, were forced to create and enforce their own policies after the group dissolved.

Per AT&T's policies, customers that AT&T is contacting about discontinuing service would have received at least nine separate notifications with allegations of copyright infringement from content owners prior to taking action to terminate the service.

https://www.axios.com/scoop-att-to-term ... 6fb96.html

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:09 pm

I’m going to do a little proud Auntie brag...

My nephew Ash Riser is playing at Dodger Stadium tonight for Camp Flog Gnaw 2018.

I hear you asking ‘WTF is that?’ Yeah, I had to google it, too.

https://campfloggnaw.com/lineup/#/artists/alphabetical

He’s playing guitar in one of his friend’s bands cuz their guitarist is sick. Then he’s singing “Summertime” at a tribute to Big Mama Thornton later that night.
https://www.signifyinblues.com/live-music

Proud. :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:06 pm

:thumbs: Listening to him on YouTube right now. WOW!

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:36 pm

:bighug:
Yeah. He’s a talented guy. :lovestruck:

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

tek

Post by tek » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Yacking with daughter tonight:
my farrier is a big trump guy
but I still buy him coffee because fuck me if I have to find a new farrier

A truckload of bricks
In the soft morning light

Danraft

Post by Danraft » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Asking here as it is just an occasional thought...
Why is John Kerry not mentioned as a potential 2020 presidential candidate?

He's been on the talk circuit promoting his book, "Everyday is Extra" and he is smooth and holds a broad perspective in his responses which are aware of the conspiracy type beliefs so he disarms them matter of factly without offensive posture. And, I just now saw him( I've only heard his radio appearances) and besides being an "old white guy-gasp" he's looking good.

His stiffness and such have faded, as has Gore's, and .... there's a ticket (Kerry-Gore -- that would be a great team, and I'm more tickled to think of that ticket winning just to see heads explode than giving it real consideration)

... sorry, got distracted. Er, the question was; Has anyone else caught the Kerry appearances and taken note?
John Kerry Dunks On Fox News Host For Being 'A Complete Fool On Twitter'
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jo ... 4388994500

The Mercury Project

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:33 pm

tek wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:43 pm
Hard to find a good farrier. Maybe over time dealing with her he will have his cult mindset changed. :thumbs:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:33 pm
tek wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:43 pm
Hard to find a good farrier. Maybe over time dealing with her he will have his cult mindset changed. :thumbs:
It's hard for me to grasp how animal people can like Trump, but all too many do . . .

tek

Post by tek » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:34 am

^6DCC0E00E02B5591B04B22CA8C516671515634630BC6306716^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A truckload of bricks
In the soft morning light

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:19 am

OMFSM - Youtube just pulled up a subscription I had totally forgotten about:

Waitin for Zullo

Enjoy the flashback to the height of birtherism and Orly Taitz in court.

Based on real court transcripts.

IIRC H/T goes to Estivio :thumbs:

Playlist https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaqZgl ... 3Uw6FFjhDQ

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:25 am

YaleUniversity wrote: Published on 2 Oct 2018

On September 27, 2018, Yale's Program in Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies, and the Poynter Fellowship for Journalism hosted Vladimir Pozner, the acclaimed Russian-American journalist and broadcaster. Pozner spoke on the impact of US foreign policy towards Russia after the Soviet Union has been disbanded, and shared his opinions on a range of issues raised by the audience, from the alleged Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential elections, to Skripal poisoning, to the state of independent media in Russia and the US.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:03 am

Is Suranis still with us :?:
Pilots report seeing 'very fast' UFO above Ireland
Euan McKirdy, CNN • Updated 13th November 2018

(CNN) — The view from the airplane window just got a little bit weirder -- or at least it did over Ireland.

Several airborne sightings of at least one "very bright" unidentified flying object were seen last Friday, according to air traffic control audio logs.
Chatter between airline pilots and Irish air traffic control focused briefly on the sightings, with at least four aviators confirming that they'd seen the phenomenon.

The exchange began when one pilot asked Shannon air traffic control if there was nearby military activity. When the air traffic controller replied in the negative, the pilot said that she had seen something moving "so fast."

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ ... index.html

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Kyle Whitmire

Verified account

@WarOnDumb
Follow Follow @WarOnDumb
More
BREAKING: EPA regional director Trey Glenn, a Trump appointee, and former AL Environmental Management Commissioner Scott Phillips indicted on Alabama ethics charges related to north Birmingham work. (Thread)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Who is Trey Glenn? Trump EPA administrator indicted in Alabama has history of ethics issues
Updated 6:29 PM; Posted 6:22 PM

By Dennis Pillion | dpillion@al.com dpillion@al.com

Trey Glenn, the man President Donald Trump tapped to head the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s regional operations in the Southeast who now faces indictment in Alabama, has a history of entanglements with Alabama’s state ethics laws.

Glenn was the first EPA regional director appointed by the Trump Administration in 2017, and oversees the agency’s operations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Former environmental commissioner, Scott Phillips, also charged.

Before accepting his EPA job, Glenn faced numerous controversies while running Alabama’s state environmental agency and as a private consultant.

https://www.al.com/news/2018/11/who-is- ... ssues.html

only the best....

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:58 pm

Amazon picks New York City, Washington D.C. area for $5 billion new headquarters
Reuters ReutersNovember 13, 2018
By Jeffrey Dastin and David Shepardson

SAN FRANCISCO/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) picked America's financial and political capitals for its split new headquarters, saying on Tuesday it will build offices for more than 25,000 people each in New York City and close by Washington, D.C.

The world's largest online retailer plans to spend $5 billion on the two new developments and expects to get more than $2 billion in tax credits and incentives, with plans to apply for more.

Its move ends a frenzied year-long bidding war among cities across North America, splitting the location between two finalists. In addition, Nashville, Tennessee, will become Amazon's fourth-biggest U.S. office outside Seattle with more than 5,000 corporate jobs focused on technology and management for its retail operations unit.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-p ... 41499.html

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Now back in Texas our annual medical activities have begun.

Today at the opthomologist. Is it time to do the cataract in my left eye yet? Will soon have the answer to that question.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Of all my many sugeries, cataract surgery was the best. :blink:

Welcome, seeker! (There's a seeker born every minute.)

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Foggy wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:50 pm
Of all my many sugeries, cataract surgery was the best. :blink:
How long was the recovery? I can't see shinola out of my right eye anymore. VA is booked for the next four months so I've been referred to the civilian sector.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Recovery wasn't a problem, it was virtually painless and I had a huge improvement in my vision. I had such a good experience with it, I got my doctor to do the other eye faster than originally scheduled.

Welcome, seeker! (There's a seeker born every minute.)

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:42 pm

I also had an easy recovery from cataract surgeries. They greatly improved my vision, including perception of colors.

Do have your ophthalmologist check for retinal detachments. A laser shot can fix them.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:10 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:58 pm
Amazon picks New York City, Washington D.C. area for $5 billion new headquarters
Reuters ReutersNovember 13, 2018
By Jeffrey Dastin and David Shepardson

SAN FRANCISCO/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) picked America's financial and political capitals for its split new headquarters, saying on Tuesday it will build offices for more than 25,000 people each in New York City and close by Washington, D.C.

The world's largest online retailer plans to spend $5 billion on the two new developments and expects to get more than $2 billion in tax credits and incentives, with plans to apply for more.

Its move ends a frenzied year-long bidding war among cities across North America, splitting the location between two finalists. In addition, Nashville, Tennessee, will become Amazon's fourth-biggest U.S. office outside Seattle with more than 5,000 corporate jobs focused on technology and management for its retail operations unit.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-p ... 41499.html
I was SO happy they didn't choose Pittsburgh. I looked at the newspaper online yesterday and most people seemed unhappy in the comments section. It was mostly about taking digs at the mayor, though, so mostly republicans just unhappy with the Democratic mayor, I commented that it was good that we didn't get it and to ask San Francisco and Portland how happy they are with their tech boom, which isn't very. I didn't bother going back to see the nasty replies I probably got.

Return to “The Lounge”