verbalobe wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:20 pm
That's way cool, tek! Keep us updated.
:yeah:

The point of no return is no longer even visible in your rearview mirror. :-

Jez

Re: Hijack this thread

Post by Jez » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:14 pm

For the IAAL's on the board, is Findlaw a good source to begin searching for an attorney? The court date on the eviction is coming up (8/21) and if the toddler files a countersuit (which she has done in past I have found out with a little digging) I want to be prepared.

We have a ton of evidence supporting the fact she didn't pay the agreed upon rent. Along with things that have gone missing, damage to things, etc. So, I'm pretty confident we will prevail (98%... but I like to plan for worst case, just to be prepared). So, I was going to do a bit of searching and narrow down the lawyer type peoples to about 4 or 5, just in case we need them.

If y'all know a better source, or even better know any good lawyers in the Dayton/Cincinnati area, please let me know. :)

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Jez wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:14 pm
For the IAAL's on the board, is Findlaw a good source to begin searching for an attorney? The court date on the eviction is coming up (8/21) and if the toddler files a countersuit (which she has done in past I have found out with a little digging) I want to be prepared.

We have a ton of evidence supporting the fact she didn't pay the agreed upon rent. Along with things that have gone missing, damage to things, etc. So, I'm pretty confident we will prevail (98%... but I like to plan for worst case, just to be prepared). So, I was going to do a bit of searching and narrow down the lawyer type peoples to about 4 or 5, just in case we need them.

If y'all know a better source, or even better know any good lawyers in the Dayton/Cincinnati area, please let me know. :)
I suggest you look for lawyers with landlord/tenant experience on martindale.com. The lawyers are peer rated and client rated.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:26 pm
Jez wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:14 pm

I suggest you look for lawyers with landlord/tenant experience on martindale.com. The lawyers are peer rated and client rated.
Stay away from avvo. It’s a pay-to-play rating. If the lawyer doesn’t pay, they get 3 stars. At least that’s how it was when I threatened to take them to court if they didn’t remove my name from their website, but I haven’t checked it lately.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Chisago County Sheriff's Deputies rescue women stuck on inflatable rainbow unicorn

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:24 pm

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 pm

I watched it last night. Excellent program!!!

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:43 pm

tek wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:55 pm
So.. My dad (currently 87 years old) builds and flies Radio Control model airplanes..
He's spent a lot of his retirement years teaching others to build and fly model airplanes, and in particular getting somewhat-troubled high-school kids hooked. He's got a fan club of probably 40 or so of these former 'kids' who were going nowhere who are now either commercial pilots or aeronautical engineers..

But that is not what this is about.

This spring, he decided he wanted to recreate his FIRST radio control model.
Circa 1966.
The radios back then were not these fancy things with joysticks etc... they had one button. Which could click an escapement in the plane, which could only control the rudder, center-left-center-right-center-left- etc.

He managed to dig up a transmitter and receiver, and it fell to me to get them back into flying shape.. in the mean time, he managed to dig up the plans for the exact plane, and he's built it..

We're getting close. Did the first system integration this week.

P1290253.jpg
Very, very cool! Looking forward to the results :)

Return to “The Lounge”