Sean Hannity - dumbass

RTH10260

Re: Sean Hannity - dumbass

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:17 pm
For now, beyond the entertainment value, I don't see much downside for Hannity in this. Many of those who think this points to something bigger already thought he was involved in bad stuff and also think he is an idiot and an ass. His viewers won't run away and will follow whatever instructions he gives.
Dotus will keep viewing the program just cause the DA went after Cohen and poor Hannity became collateral damage.... :crying:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Thanks all.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:40 pm

It is most likely that Cohen has no communications/work product regarding Hannity. Or Cohen does and it is privileged. Or Cohen does, but not privileged yet non-responsive to the search warrant.

It is less likely that Cohen possesses evidence about Hannity that would be covered by the crime/fraud exception.

So the public will likely never learn the contents of Cohen/Hannity communications.

Hannity's continued lying, and his failure to disclose his conflict of interest, is a matter between him and his employer (and advertisers). Who seem quite content with his performance thus far.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:19 am
Suranis wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:37 am
:like: good catch!

The web never forgets... (is this really a THomas Jefferson quote?)
Yes, yes it is, and I think it should be your sig!

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

much ado

Post by much ado » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:00 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:17 pm
For now, beyond the entertainment value, I don't see much downside for Hannity in this. Many of those who think this points to something bigger already thought he was involved in bad stuff and also think he is an idiot and an ass. His viewers won't run away and will follow whatever instructions he gives.
Yabbut... The fact that Hannity thinks it is bad and appears to be lying about it implies that it actually, really IS bad as seen by his viewers, else he really would not care. I conclude it IS bad.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Something his viewers wouldn't like, as opposed to things the rest of the sane world would fin concerning. Gives one pause, just what would he NOT want his wingnut audience to know about and be that scared about them finding out.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

much ado

Post by much ado » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Something his viewers wouldn't like, as opposed to things the rest of the sane world would fin concerning. Gives one pause, just what would he NOT want his wingnut audience to know about and be that scared about them finding out.
That he is gay would be one obvious thing, but there are other possibilities.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:43 pm

He's secretly a Liberal Democrat Hillary supporter????? :rotflmao:

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Question: Imagine for a moment that Trump, Cohen and Hannity (perhaps others as well), have been coordinating on messaging, talking points and timing to undermine public faith in the Mueller investigation, the FBI, Justice department, the media and pert near anyone with less than flattering things to say about the Trumpenfuhrer. I know, it's a big stretch but humor me. And imagine that Coehn's files contain proof positive of this.

Is there anything illegal about this?

Given the circumstances under which those files were seized is there any way this information would see the light of day?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:34 pm

GlimDropper wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm
Question: Imagine for a moment that Trump, Cohen and Hannity (perhaps others as well), have been coordinating on messaging, talking points and timing to undermine public faith in the Mueller investigation, the FBI, Justice department, the media and pert near anyone with less than flattering things to say about the Trumpenfuhrer. I know, it's a big stretch but humor me. And imagine that Coehn's files contain proof positive of this.

Given the circumstances under which those files were seized is there any way this information would see the light of day?
Lordy, I hope there are tapes.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:37 pm

GlimDropper wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm

That's all protected speech under the First Amendment. "Undermining public faith" in the government or law enforcement is not against the law, and I would volunteer my time to defend anyone accused of such a thing. On that basis, you could charge Black Lives Matter demonstrators for undermining public faith in the police, and that way madness lies.

More dangerous would be if, hypothetically, Hannity were in contact with certain intermediaries - oh, I don't know, just spitballing here, Julian Assange - during the election, and was a part of strategically releasing information at various times to benefit the Trump campaign. Then you have the possibility of Hannity being a witting or unwitting participant (e.g., a conspirator) in a foreign influence operation in a domestic political campaign. That could be legally actionable.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

June bug

Post by June bug » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Honestly, I suspect "there is no there there", at least no meaningful "there". I think it's more just typical Hannity arrogance and pride; he knew he'd be subject to ridicule and taunts and his own thin skin didn't want to deal with that. Since he thinks he's entitled anyway, he demanded to be protected from it.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Thank you all for the kind replies, I love teh FogBowz.

Fiona

Post by Fiona » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:08 pm

GlimDropper wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:06 pm
Thank you all for the kind replies, I love teh FogBowz.
:yeah: I really appreciate people indulging my sometimes asinine questions.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 pm

04/17/18 02:34 PM EDT
Fox News says Hannity has 'full support' amid backlash over Cohen

Fox News on Tuesday issued a statement of support for prime-time host Sean Hannity amid backlash over his previously undisclosed ties to President Trump's personal lawyer.

It was revealed in a court hearing on Monday that Hannity is the previously unknown third client of Michael Cohen, Trump's personal attorney. The network said in its statement that it was "unaware" of Hannity's connection to Cohen, whom he has frequently covered during his program, before it was announced in court.

"While FOX News was unaware of Sean Hannity's informal relationship with Michael Cohen and was surprised by the announcement in court yesterday, we have reviewed the matter and spoken to Sean and he continues to have our full support," the network said.
Hannity was harshly critical of the raids and used them to attack the investigation into Russian election meddling. The FBI obtained a search warrant for Cohen partly due to a referral from special counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the investigation. <SNIP>
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/38356 ... ump-lawyer

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:33 pm

June bug wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:49 pm
Honestly, I suspect "there is no there there", at least no meaningful "there". I think it's more just typical Hannity arrogance and pride; he knew he'd be subject to ridicule and taunts and his own thin skin didn't want to deal with that. Since he thinks he's entitled anyway, he demanded to be protected from it.
I don't often disagree with the bug, but -

1. Hannity is worth $80 million or so, and can afford a good real estate lawyer.

2. Cohen doesn't represent real estate investors or have a practice in real estate. Excluding Hannity, he had 2 clients in the past year, and in both cases he was hired as a fixer to stop a "bimbo eruption" from becoming public. He may own some real estate, but that's different than having a legal practice in the field.

3. Hannity, Cohen, and all Cohen's lawyers knew there was a chance that Cohen would be forced to hork up Hannity's name in court, but Hannity was obviously unprepared to handle it. It took him several hours to come up with the "brief discussions about real estate" explanation. If it was the truth, he could have said that immediately.

I don't know what the truth is, but I know 110% for a fact that "brief discussions about real estate" is a load of horseshit.

Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief.
And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large. :mrgreen:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:36 pm

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ty/558272/
Sean Hannity’s Ties to Two More Trump-Connected Lawyers

The Fox News host denies that Michael Cohen was ever his lawyer—but Hannity was represented by a pair of legal advisers who also have close links to the president.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Foggy, we need desperately a Horse or Bull droppings smiley.

I wonder how supportive Fox would be if Cohen had looked after an awkward matter involving a teenager (sex unimportant)?

June bug

Post by June bug » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Foggy wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:33 pm
June bug wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:49 pm
I don't often disagree with the bug, but -
:snippity: :snippity:
I don't know what the truth is, but I know 110% for a fact that "brief discussions about real estate" is a load of horseshit.
We don't disagree one bit on that, Foggy. :bighug:

I just don't think that whatever Hannity was using Cohen for is likely to cause him any real trouble. If I had to guess, I'd say he was looking for a way to (barely legally) intimidate his perceived enemy(ies). That would be right in Cohen's wheelhouse. Hannity would want to keep something like that private, plus, also my comments before about his thin skin and his arrogant sense of entitlement.

much ado

Post by much ado » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:04 pm

One thing for sure, now that it's known that there is something to dig for, there's going to be a whole lot of digging going on.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:26 pm

I heard somewhere that the discussion between Hannity and Cohen might of had to do with the Seth Rich lawsuit.

I could see that.

Hannity complains about the lawsuit.
Trump hears this and recommends that Hannity get in touch with Cohen, his personal legal attack dog.
Hannity does so.

Past that point, who knows?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm

Kendra wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:36 pm
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ty/558272/
Sean Hannity’s Ties to Two More Trump-Connected Lawyers

The Fox News host denies that Michael Cohen was ever his lawyer—but Hannity was represented by a pair of legal advisers who also have close links to the president.
Interesting.
On May 25, 2017, KFAQ, a radio station based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, received a cease-and-desist letter signed by two lawyers for Hannity: Victoria Toensing and Jay Alan Sekulow. Toensing’s signature sits above her name and that of her husband Joseph E. diGenova, the members of diGenova and Toensing LLP, who are identified as “Counsel for Sean Hannity,” according to a copy of the letter obtained by The Atlantic. Sekulow is also identified in the letter page as a “Counsel for Sean Hannity.”

The letter was sent in response to accusations against Hannity made by the controversial conservative activist Debbie Schlussel. During an appearance on the Pat Campbell show on KFAQ last April, Schlussel said Hannity had been “creepy” towards her and had invited her to his hotel room.

Hannity responded at the time by calling the allegations “100 percent false and a complete fabrication,” and said that he had hired lawyers to plan a response. “This letter provides notice that Ms. Schlussel’s statements are false and defamatory,” the letter read. “Continued publication will result in further exposure to liability because of continued harm to Mr. Hannity’s impeccable reputation.

On Monday, Schlussel said she remembered that the radio station where she made the remarks had received a legal letter afterwards, but she didn’t know who the lawyer was. Reached by phone on Tuesday, Toensing acknowledged that “at that time” she was acting as Hannity’s lawyer but wouldn’t comment on whether she still represents him.

“I’ve just learned in the press that anybody who is Sean Hannity’s lawyer is going to be blasted so I think this phone call is over,” Toensing said. “I’m wondering what attorney-client privilege means to anybody. I don’t say who my clients are, sometimes I do, and many times, most of the time, I do not.
Except when she's writing cease and desist letters.

Looks like there's a cabal here.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:31 pm

much ado wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:04 pm
One thing for sure, now that it's known that there is something to dig for, there's going to be a whole lot of digging going on.
Exactly. And anyone who has received a nasty letter from Cohen on behalf of Hannity now knows that Cohen is impotent as a lawyer. If they were afraid to speak out before, they may be willing to now.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:49 pm

If I had to guess, I'd say he was looking for a way to (barely legally) intimidate his perceived enemy(ies). That would be right in Cohen's wheelhouse. Hannity would want to keep something like that private, plus, also my comments before about his thin skin and his arrogant sense of entitlement.
Great minds etc., ms bug. :bighug:
The first words of his mouth yesterday (gee, was it only yesterday?) were about the meanie, dangerous leftists stalking him. Then “real estate”, then “not a client after all, my bad”.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:54 pm

I agree with Foggy, and several others here. The ONLY real reason I can see for anyone to contact Cohen is either as an attack dog to shut someone up, or as a bagman, as that seem to be the extent of his "practice". That would seem to be all his "practice" consists of.

Return to “Debunking the Lies”