Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
W. Kevin Vicklund

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Off Topic
I'll be honest, I started making Nakey BakeyTM because I got tired of trying to keep the sleeves of my bathrobe out of the hot grease. At first, I just shrugged the sleeves off and let it drape from the belt. After several months of never getting burned, I just ditched the robe entirely. Chibi-DB has never been at risk.

As to the picture of the Colonel, the taste of that chicken is the taste of regret and laryngitis :sick: . Turns out I'm allergic to ginger (which really sucks when you grow up a Michigander - Vernor's is the state medicine).
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Off Topic
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:41 pm 7q13g1.jpg
Bravo! Well done. TY!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ago-search
Federal prosecutors investigating Donald Trump’s retention of national security material were examining evidence within weeks of the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago last year that he might have handled classified documents at his Bedminster club in New Jersey, according to two people close to the matter.

The indications of classified documents at Bedminster so alarmed prosecutors that they focused part of the investigation on whether Trump might have transported the materials or disclosed their contents there in addition to refusing to return them to the government, the people said.

Trump was charged this month with retaining national defense information and obstruction of justice, in an indictment that also notably alleged that Trump discussed a military plan to attack Iran and waved a classified map of Afghanistan in front of a staffer in 2021 at the New Jersey property.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Can you spell Superseding Indictment?? I knew that you could....

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This is nice --
Major Blow For Trump as Judge Sends Ex-FBI Analyst Who Kept Classified Documents in Her Bathroom to Four Years in Prison
By: Samantha Benitz Jun. 22 2023, Published 12:00 p.m. ET

A former FBI intelligence analyst who kept hundreds of classified documents at her home was sentenced to nearly four years in prison on Wednesday, RadarOnline.com has learned.

U.S. District Judge Stephen R. Bough gave his verdict on Kendra Kingsbury, 50, of Garden City, Kansas, this week, sentencing her to three years and 10 months in federal prison without parole. She must surrender to federal authorities by July 21.
https://radaronline.com/p/judge-sends-e ... rs-prison/

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Now, whenever he cites the Socks Case as a precedent, someone else can cite back that 'the Dox-in-a-Bathroom Case' is more cogent to the matter at hand and controlling.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jack Smith Slaps Down Donald Trump in Mar-a-Lago Court Filing

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-j ... da-1838619
Donald Trump's lawyers waited 11 days to inspect classified documents found in the former president's Florida estate and are now accusing prosecutors of not producing the documents fast enough, Justice Department Special Counsel Jack Smith has complained to a federal judge.

"Despite defendant Trump's accusations, defense counsel was hardly in a rush to review the Government's latest production of classified discovery," Smith wrote in a document submitted to Federal Judge Aileen Cannon on Thursday. He added that Trump's lawyers have sought a delay in the case because they did not receive highly secure laptops. However, prosecutors gave them those devices last September, and they have used them to write lengthy court briefs since then.

Trump has pleaded not guilty to all charges of illegally hoarding government documents and of obstructing the investigation. He is the frontrunner for the Republican nomination in the 2024 presidential race. Several legal commentators say that he is trying to delay his criminal trials so that he can exonerate himself if reelected president. Newsweek has sought email comment from Trump's legal team.

The government has provided the defence with two Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities [SCIF] in which to review classified documents found in Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in south Florida.

An SCIF is a U.S. Department of Defense term for a secure room, which guards against electronic surveillance and suppresses data leakage of sensitive military and security information. Smith has not revealed the location of the defense SCIFs for security reasons but in this latest submission he states that they are "within a city block of each other in Miami".

Smith accused the Trump lawyers of delaying their arrival at the SCIFs after the government placed elaborate security protocols in place. This included sending couriers "from the intelligence community" to personally deliver some of the most-sensitive documents to the SCIF.

"Defense counsel waited 11 days, from October 6 until October 17, to receive the materials in the defense SCIF. The date on which defendant Trump's counsel began their review of the latest round of classified discovery—not including the special measures documents—was a result of their choice, not the Government's delay," Smith wrote in his latest submission.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

We got a big ole pimp slap fo dat shit!

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Bradley P. Moss
@BradMossEsq

Judge Cannon issues an order regarding Trump’s co-defendants (but not Trump), stating that DOJ needs to use Section 4 of CIPA if it wants to exclude the defendants from seeing the classified discovery their lawyers get to see.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 02.0_1.pdf
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I need an “over my head” emoji.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Yeah, that's over my head too, but I figured that I should post it for completeness. Some of the lawyers here might have an idea as to what it all means.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Too also, IANAL, but I'm pretty sure that's a win for Jack Smith, in that it maintains the status quo regarding the protective order.

The language about Smith submitting motions to allow summaries of the classified docs for review, instead of the docs themselves, I can't comment on. I know it ain't bad, though it may or may not be a ticky-tack request that continues the slow down.

ETA: Well, apparently I got that exactly backwards. Expert on MSNBC saying ruling backs Trump and pokes Jack Smith in the eye (saying he misread the law).

:bag:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

At the very least it’s not a loss for Smith. She’s just saying there’s no blanket protection; there has to be a process for determining whether, how much, and in what form must classified info be disclosed to the actual defendant, and that process is governed by Sec. 4. I don’t have a lot of experience with CIPA, but I can’t say I disagree with the judge on this.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Bradley P. Moss
@BradMossEsq

I would like to hear from more CIPA experts on *why* DOJ tried it this way. They clearly know they can do it under Section 4. That’s what they just did in DC with Chutkan. Why play this Section 3 game in Florida?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:27 pm https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/ ... 0424660424
Bradley P. Moss
@BradMossEsq

Judge Cannon issues an order regarding Trump’s co-defendants (but not Trump), stating that DOJ needs to use Section 4 of CIPA if it wants to exclude the defendants from seeing the classified discovery their lawyers get to see.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 02.0_1.pdf
Why would co-defendants even need access to the classified documents? IIRC rhey are only accused of hiding the stuff on behalf of their master?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:37 pm Why would co-defendants even need access to the classified documents? IIRC rhey are only accused of hiding the stuff on behalf of their master?
EXACTLY!

Why the hell does someone who is accused of a crime and wouldn't get near a security clearance to see these documents outside a courtroom get access to them in the courtroom?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

It’s so Trump can underbus his minions as the one who gave the classified materials to Putin et al…

Because it couldn’t have been Donnie…
much ado

Post by much ado »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:10 pm It’s so Trump can underbus his minions as the one who gave the classified materials to Putin et al…

Because it couldn’t have been Donnie…
Someone's been thinking outside the box. :like:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Roger Parloff @rparloff wrote: After Trump asked Judge Cannon to delay FL trial yesterday because of DC trial, he moved to stay DC trial. Govt now shows Cannon his motion saying it confirms "his overriding interest in delaying both trials at any cost." Asks her not to be "manipulated in this fashion."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Is the "Court should allow itself" in the original? That's sort of a big typo.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:08 pm Is the "Court should allow itself" in the original? That's sort of a big typo.
Typos happen. The government was in a hurry, because Cannon is actively considering the schedule right now.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I live in fear of clerical error.

ImageImageImage x4
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:59 pm

Roger Parloff @rparloff wrote: After Trump asked Judge Cannon to delay FL trial yesterday because of DC trial, he moved to stay DC trial. Govt now shows Cannon his motion saying it confirms "his overriding interest in delaying both trials at any cost." Asks her not to be "manipulated in this fashion."
Seems to have made Cannon a bit testy:

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Did she also order them to use smaller words?

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”