Kriselda Gray

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
June bug

Kriselda Gray

Post by June bug »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:51 pm Good luck and best wishes. :bighug:
This. And a :bighug: from me too!
Annrc
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by Annrc »

:bighug:
jemcanada2

Kriselda Gray

Post by jemcanada2 »

:bighug: :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Kriselda Gray

Post by Foggy »

Good luck, Kris! ❤️
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Kriselda Gray

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

As they say in the theater: “Break a leg!”
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Kriselda Gray

Post by bill_g »

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

This year I made my first really serious attempt at doing NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), where the goal is to write 50,000 words of a new novel in 30 days. It's really a challenge - you have to write and average of 1667 words every day. They do this every November and aspiring authors from around the world participate.

I hit 50K tonight, making me a NaNoWriMo WINNER!
Volkonski
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by Volkonski »

:thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Kriselda Gray

Post by Lani »

WOW! Congratulations!!!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by Slim Cognito »

Cool! :thumbsup:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Kriselda Gray

Post by Foggy »

:banana:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g

Kriselda Gray

Post by bill_g »

That's an accomplishment. Well done Kris.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Kriselda Gray

Post by neonzx »

Nice.

Your posting has encouraged me to install Google Fit on my latest phone. I have good terrain to walk on plus stairways if I choose. And no snow here, so there is that.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Kriselda Gray

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Way to go, Kris and Neon!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
June bug

Kriselda Gray

Post by June bug »

:groupdance:

Great job, Kris!

:thumbsup: :clap:

And good for you, Neon!
p0rtia

Kriselda Gray

Post by p0rtia »

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by AndyinPA »

:notworthy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Well, my biopsy is set for Jan 4th, but I may have to go in Jan 3rd so the anesthesiologists can get a cardiac and pulmonary clearance for me to have surgery, which scares the shit out of me. Not the tests, the fact that they're concerned enough about my surviving the surgery that they're requiring them.

Not helping matters is my absolute phobia about being put under anesthesia in the first place. If I think about it too much, it triggers my claustrophobia and fear of getting stuck somewhere dark that I can't get out of, which tends to send my heart racing, among other things. Sometimes I get close to having panic attacks, but so far have been lucky that they've not become full-blown.

Ive been thinking about not doing it. The way I'm seeing this is that if I don't have it done, and there's something that it would have caught, worst case scenario is I end up with only a few months left to live and don't know it so we can't treat it. If I have it done, worst case scenario is I die Jan 4th. (Yes, these are very morbid thoughts I'm having. That's not helping, which is part of why I mention it, in hopes of getting some of it out of my system instead of just letting it churn around in my head.) And there's always a chance there's nothing wrong, it was just some kind of fluke occurrence.

Meanwhile, I'm majorly stressing out. My watch tests for stress and usually I'm at it's lowest point, but since this all started, I've been running higher - still in the green, but a lot closer to yellow than usual. Honestly, between the headaches, increase in Tourette's tics (which act up when I'm stressed), disruption to my sleep and mood swings, I'm amazed it isn't worse than that.

Sorry for such a negative update, but I'm just not dealing well with this at all.
MN-Skeptic

Kriselda Gray

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Can your doctor prescribe a mild sedative to help you manage your stress?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by Slim Cognito »

I understand the fear of general anesthesia, I’ve had trouble with it my entire life. My last surgery, an emergency cholecystectomy, I finally got an anesthesiologist to listen to me and take me seriously. I sailed through that surgery incredibly well. I don’t know if your trigger is the same as mine, but it might be worth talking to the surgeon to find out if they can put you in touch with whatever anesthesiologist group will be handling the surgery so you can discuss the issue with them before you’re laid out on the gurney.

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:33 pm Can your doctor prescribe a mild sedative to help you manage your stress?
I asked about that, but I have a number of meds that are supposed to have sedating effects (especially the pain killers) that he's reluctant to add another. :doh: :roll: But I appreciate the suggestion :)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:36 pm it might be worth talking to the surgeon to find out if they can put you in touch with whatever anesthesiologist group will be handling the surgery so you can discuss the issue with them before you’re laid out on the gurney.

Thanks, I'll do that!
bill_g

Kriselda Gray

Post by bill_g »

Short (somewhat) funny story about anesthesia - A colonoscopy reveal a couple polyps. Surgery was recommended. I agreed. Show up on the scheduled day. Get dressed in their gown. Sit in the bed waiting for them to take me to the procedure. The nurses take all my vitals, set the injection doodahs in my arm, and tell me they'll fetch me when it's time. I wait and wait and wait, and finally a nurse comes in. I ask "when it this going to happen?", and he says "oh, they're done".

Almost two hours had gone by, and I had no idea.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bill_g wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:48 pm Short (somewhat) funny story about anesthesia - A colonoscopy reveal a couple polyps. Surgery was recommended. I agreed. Show up on the scheduled day. Get dressed in their gown. Sit in the bed waiting for them to take me to the procedure. The nurses take all my vitals, set the injection doodahs in my arm, and tell me they'll fetch me when it's time. I wait and wait and wait, and finally a nurse comes in. I ask "when it this going to happen?", and he says "oh, they're done".

Almost two hours had gone by, and I had no idea.
Oh wow! That's hilarious! :) :rotflmao:
SuzieC
Verified:

Kriselda Gray

Post by SuzieC »

Good luck! I've undergone two surgeries (hip replacements). It's standard practice to clear a patient for cardiac and pulmonary issues ahead of time.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”