US v Peter Navarro

Kendra

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Kendra »

What a vile, disgusting man. Thanks rda for posting the link.
AndyinPA
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by AndyinPA »

I'd heard he had posted some particularly sickening tweets today. They are truly disgusting. :sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

US v Peter Navarro

Post by p0rtia »

I've known Navarro as a vicious, racist, misogynist lying traitor since I first became aware of his cancerous existence in 2017. I mean, you look up "the cruelty is the point" in the dictionary and you see a pic of Navarro.

Sometimes I imagine the horror is must be to be in the same room with him.

Anyway. These tweets actually came across to me as ... jealousy.

Anybody else?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

US v Peter Navarro

Post by northland10 »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:53 pm Anyway. These tweets actually came across to me as ... jealousy.

Anybody else?
:yeahthat:
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

US v Peter Navarro

Post by raison de arizona »

U.S. healthcare is number one!
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: Weeks after his conviction by a jury here in Washington DC for Contempt of Congress, former Trump advisor Peter Navarro asks the court for permission to travel internationally for medical treatment

His sentencing is in January
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Dave from down under »

He’s doing a runner 🏃‍♀️
(Possibly)
much ado

US v Peter Navarro

Post by much ado »

Does he have to say which countries he plans to visit? (Did he say?)

What are the best countries for him to try to flee to, no extradition treaties?
somerset

US v Peter Navarro

Post by somerset »

much ado wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:32 pm Does he have to say which countries he plans to visit? (Did he say?)

China comes to mind :evil:
NewMexGirl

US v Peter Navarro

Post by NewMexGirl »

What kind of sentence is Navarro facing :?:

Fleeing is a pretty drastic thing to do, unless he’s delusional about a future trump pardon.
chancery
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by chancery »

I looked on CourtListener, and the image upthread contains everything of substance in the motion that isn't redacted. Eight and a half lines are redacted.
p0rtia

US v Peter Navarro

Post by p0rtia »

NewMexGirl wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:32 pm What kind of sentence is Navarro facing :?:

Fleeing is a pretty drastic thing to do, unless he’s delusional about a future trump pardon.
From memory: max two years -- one year max for each of two counts.

Same as Bannon, who ended up with something like four months (still out on bail pending appeal).
NewMexGirl

US v Peter Navarro

Post by NewMexGirl »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:00 pm
NewMexGirl wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:32 pm What kind of sentence is Navarro facing :?:

From memory: max two years -- one year max for each of two counts.

Same as Bannon, who ended up with something like four months (still out on bail pending appeal).
Thanks!

Gawd, these white guys never seem to have to pay a price for their appalling attempts to end democracy. :biggun:
raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

Navarro granted permission to leave the U.S.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .142.0.pdf
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

US v Peter Navarro

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:19 pm Navarro granted permission to leave the U.S.
I would have preferred a stipulation that if he leaves, he can't come back.
101010 :towel:
Dave from down under

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Dave from down under »

northland10 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:39 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:19 pm Navarro granted permission to leave the U.S.
I would have preferred a stipulation that if he leaves, he can't come back.
He will holiday till he finds out if the next us President will give him a pardon
RVInit

US v Peter Navarro

Post by RVInit »

much ado wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:32 pm Does he have to say which countries he plans to visit? (Did he say?)

Vietnam is one. Charlie Adelson's mother Donna was picked up at the airport one week after his conviction. She and her husband had a one way flight to Vietnam. Apparently they would be long dead from natural causes before they could get extradited back to the US. She is in jail now on the same three charges her son was just convicted on. They paid members of the the Latin Kings gang a bunch of money to kill Wendi Adelson's ex-husband. Wendi is likely next for a free ride to the local jail.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RVInit wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:39 pm
Vietnam is one. Charlie Adelson's mother Donna was picked up at the airport one week after his conviction. She and her husband had a one way flight to Vietnam. Apparently they would be long dead from natural causes before they could get extradited back to the US. She is in jail now on the same three charges her son was just convicted on. They paid members of the the Latin Kings gang a bunch of money to kill Wendi Adelson's ex-husband. Wendi is likely next for a free ride to the local jail.
Be still my heart!!!!!!! When asked about further prosecutions after Charlie was found guilty, the prosecutor replied, "Stay tuned". :twisted:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

Trump adviser Peter Navarro faces prison after losing appeal in contempt of Congress case

U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta on Tuesday denied Donald Trump adviser Peter Navarro's request for a new trial over his contempt of Congress case.

Navarro was convicted in September of contempt when he refused to cooperate with the House Select Committee investigating the 2020 election overthrow attempt and Jan. 6 attack.

Navarro claimed that the jury in his case took a break outside of the courthouse during deliberations and they could have witnessed protesters — and signs they were holding up — and had their decisions swayed.

"Importantly, the court finds that the jurors would not have seen an additional sign contained in Defendant’s motion," writes Judge Mehta. "Likely referring to Defendant, that sign said, 'Bro, should’ve Plead the 5th Peter 4 Prison.' ... Defendant’s supplement identifies the source of this image as a video 'created to assist defense counsel' and posted to the site Rumble ('Rumble Video')."

The Rumble video, the judge explained, "does not depict the eight minute-period when the jurors were outside on break. It instead captures the moments before and after Defendant emerges from the courthouse after the verdict, long after the jurors had left John Marshall Park. The sign in question appears in no other video evidence."
:snippity:
https://www.rawstory.com/peter-navarro-loses-appeal/

Denial of appeal: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .158.0.pdf
Rolodex

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Rolodex »

Oh my gosh that's hilarious. They sent as evidence someone with a sign - that they likely set up to do in order to try to get a jury interference ruling!

Hooray for the judge for careful review of the situation. He got his sentencing delayed (till March I think) - was to have been last week. He's trying to delay the inevitable.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

Looking for six months in the pokey (or are those consecutive?) and $200k, it appears.
Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney wrote: JUST IN: DOJ is seeking 6 months in prison for Peter NAVARRO for defying a subpoena from the Jan. 6 select committee.

"He cloaked his bad-faith strategy of defiance and contempt behind baseless, unfounded invocations of executive privilege and immunity."
Rolodex

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Rolodex »

He apparently didn't turn over any financials, saying he'd pay any fine amount.

His defense filing re sentencing mentions how he was a "cabinet member" - one of the few for the entire dolt45 administration. Not sure how that's a positive (esp since he wasn't actually a cabinet member).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

Here's the full sentencing memo: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .159.0.pdf
Here is Navarro's: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .160.0.pdf (he's asking for six months probation and $100 fine)

Conclusion from the gubmint:
The rioters who overran the Capitol on January 6, 2021, did not just attack a building—
they assaulted the rule of law upon which this country was built and through which it endures. By
flouting the Committee’s subpoena and its authority to investigate that assault, the Defendant
exacerbated that assault, following the attack on Congress with his rejection of its authority. He
unlawfully withheld documents and testimony that could have advanced the Committee’s
authorized investigation to get to the bottom of what led to January 6 and ascertain what steps must
be taken to ensure that it never happens again. That cannot be tolerated. Respect for the rule of
law is essential to the functioning of the United States government and to preserving the freedom
and good order this country has enjoyed for more than two centuries. The Defendant’s bad-faith
strategy of defiance and contempt deserves severe punishment. This Court should impose a
sentence of six months’ imprisonment, reflecting the most severe Guidelines-compliant
punishment available, and fine the Defendant $200,000.
Kendra

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 611d&ei=10
Former Trump White House adviser Peter Navarro will be sentenced on Thursday for defying a congressional subpoena to cooperate with the House select committee that investigated the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Navarro was convicted in September on one count of contempt of Congress over his refusal to appear for a deposition in front of the committee, and on a second count for refusing to produce documents.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

US v Peter Navarro

Post by RTH10260 »

The guy who did not accept a plea deal ... :bored:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Luke »

Sweet! For some reason, I thought it was March. Interesting even Peter's guys are saying six months. Does he have appeals yet? I vaguely remember him losing an appeal but maybe that was for something else.

SMACKDOWN THURSDAY!

"The mandatory minimum sentence of one month in prison is insufficient to account for, punish, and deter the Defendant's criminal offense," prosecutors wrote last week. "For each Count, the Court should instead impose a sentence of six months' imprisonment -- the top end of the applicable Guidelines' advisory sentencing range -- and fine the Defendant $100,000." In their memo, prosecutors said the six-month sentence for each count could be served concurrently.

Navarro's attorneys requested the court sentence him to no more than six months and to pay a fine of $100 for each count.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”