US v Peter Navarro

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

US v Peter Navarro

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:31 am
Stanley Woodward, an attorney representing Navarro, assailed federal prosecutors for “failing to use Navarro’s preferred honorific,” Mother Jones reports.

“Dr. Navarro, not ‘Mr. Navarro’ as the government has referred to him, is a PhD economist with a degree from Harvard,” Woodward said, according to the report.
I'm certain they all refer to FLOTUS as "Dr." as well...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

Peter Navarro @RealPNavarro wrote: Jury in deliberations now. We're in God's hands now. The only thing certain are more legal bills. That's the Democrat's lawfare game.
Will have more once verdict is in. In the meantime,
you can help me fight these weaponized partisan bastards at http://defendpeter.com
Peter Navarro @RealPNavarro wrote: Weaponized doj starts case by waving the J6 bloody shirt rather than arguing the case. No scruples. No surprise.
Fight back at http://defendpeter.com
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

Drumroll please...
Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney wrote: UPDATE: Navarro and the lawyers have returned to the courtroom. Not immediately clear if it’s a verdict or a jury question.

My understanding is a *verdict* is incoming. The judge has not entered courtroom yet.
MN-Skeptic

US v Peter Navarro

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Guilty!

raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

:bunny:

Sentencing Jan. 12, 2024.
MN-Skeptic

US v Peter Navarro

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I didn’t look, but wasn’t the jury out for just a little bit of time?
Dr. Ken

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Dr. Ken »

Waiting for the anarchy princess video
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
MN-Skeptic

US v Peter Navarro

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I think the jury was out for about 5 hours. And now Navarro’s lawyer wants a mistrial.

raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:17 pm I didn’t look, but wasn’t the jury out for just a little bit of time?
One day trial, four hours of deliberation.

Another bozo ready to serve time for tfg.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Luke »

I expect no whining from Peter... he clearly said he was leaving it in God's Hands. God decided: GUILTY.
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious

Just as you said, Peter, it was in God's Hands.

God made his decision: GUILTY.

This was God's Will and must be respected.

A jury has found Peter Navarro *guilty* of two counts of criminal contempt of Congress for defying the Jan. 6 select committee.
4:21 PM · Sep 7, 2023

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Flatpoint High »

It's only "God's Will" when they are acquitted. anything else is "two-tier justice", or "kangaroo court" Witch hunt...
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Phoenix520
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Phoenix520 »

Mistrial? Of course he does, the little baby.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
MichaelJ
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by MichaelJ »

Apparently God didn't get it right the first time. :violin: :roll:
chancery
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by chancery »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:42 pm Mistrial? Of course he does, the little baby.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Meh. That's routine. As Maybenaut aptly said,
Maybenaut wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:08 am Defense counsel knock on a seemingly closed door all of the time. Sometimes it opens.
pipistrelle

US v Peter Navarro

Post by pipistrelle »

So much drama for two misdemeanor counts.
raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:30 pm So much drama for two misdemeanor counts.
Yeahbut MANDATORY MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS IN THE POKEY! :mrgreen:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:30 pm So much drama for two misdemeanor counts.
But an endless opportunity to grift....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Maybenaut »

Perhaps. But the message is (or ought to be) contempt of Congress is a thing, and it’s expensive.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
pipistrelle

US v Peter Navarro

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:41 pm
Perhaps. But the message is (or ought to be) contempt of Congress is a thing, and it’s expensive.
No argument from me. But the drama. You either did or you didn't. And you clearly didn't, so guilty.
NewMexGirl

US v Peter Navarro

Post by NewMexGirl »

Hey, Pete:

How did it work out for you using Stan Woodward, the lawyer who is representing eleventy gazillion former (and current) Trump associates, with Trump footing the bill? Did ol’ Stan spend a lotta time on your own little case? Unless your interests and Trump’s are in alignment, I would be wondering about that if I were you. :shrug:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

US v Peter Navarro

Post by northland10 »

MichaelJ wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:34 pm Apparently God didn't get it right the first time. :violin: :roll:
MichaelJ!!! :wave:

Their God has problems with doing what they want. Their god seems to getting it wrong all the time. Funny that.

They need to learn the secret. Play some lovely organ music and God becomes an old softy. Some Bach, Durufle, Frank, Mendelssohn, or Vaughan Williams and God is putty in your hands.

Choral music is also God's great love.
101010 :towel:
MichaelJ
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by MichaelJ »

northland10 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:57 pm
MichaelJ wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:34 pm Apparently God didn't get it right the first time. :violin: :roll:
MichaelJ!!! :wave:

Their God has problems with doing what they want. Their god seems to getting it wrong all the time. Funny that.

They need to learn the secret. Play some lovely organ music and God becomes an old softy. Some Bach, Durufle, Frank, Mendelssohn, or Vaughan Williams and God is putty in your hands.

Choral music is also God's great love.
Hi there northland10! :wave:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Stanley Woodward, an attorney representing Navarro, assailed federal prosecutors for “failing to use Navarro’s preferred honorific,” Mother Jones reports.

“Dr. Navarro, not ‘Mr. Navarro’ as the government has referred to him, is a PhD economist with a degree from Harvard,” Woodward said, according to the report.
Not that I like being in the position of defending Navarro on ANYTHING, but... IF he actually earned the doctoral degree, I can see being a bit upset to not have it recognized. People were upset when someone suggested that the Jill Biden shouldn't use the "Dr." honorific despite her having earned a doctorate in education. If it's an honorary degree? Fuck him.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:22 am

Not that I like being in the position of defending Navarro on ANYTHING, but... IF he actually earned the doctoral degree, I can see being a bit upset to not have it recognized. People were upset when someone suggested that the Jill Biden shouldn't use the "Dr." honorific despite her having earned a doctorate in education. If it's an honorary degree? Fuck him.
He does apparently have both his MPA and his PHD in Economics from Hah-vahd.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Volkonski »

I have no problem with using earned doctorate titles in nonmedical academic environments.

However I see no reason why a defendant's academic degrees should be a consideration when evaluating guilt in a contempt of Congress trial.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”