US v Peter Navarro

bob

US v Peter Navarro

Post by bob »

4 months. And $9500 fine.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Luke »

We LOVE our #SMACKDOWNTHURSDAYS! Come on dotard, testify, I'm already Jonesing for another SMACKDOWN!

:bar:

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
🚨 #SMACKDOWNTHURSDAY: PETER NAVARRO SENTENCED TO 4 MONTHS & $9500 FOR DEFYING #JAN6 SUBPOENA. Think how many CRIMINALS & LOSERS Trump brought into the gov't. Judge Mehta: "This is all of your own making". Of course, he'll appeal. ⚖️ #VOTE #Election2024: No more of these clowns!

:cry: I know Gregg would love this -- I'd say that the tap tap tap of 699th paws was in the courtroom "just in case". Gregg may be a political prisoner, but the Mighty 699th's work goes on to pound down evildoers and fight for justice!

:dog:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

US v Peter Navarro

Post by raison de arizona »

https://x.com/kaitlancollins/status/175 ... 86523?s=20
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins wrote: “I guess what bothers me ultimately,”Judge Amit Mehta tells Peter Navarro, “is that here we are after a year and a half plus, and you still want to suggest to me that this is a political prosecution. You want me to believe this is a political prosecution…You are not a victim. You are not the object of a political prosecution. These are the circumstances of your own making."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

Navarro was on Hannity explaining that 4 months is a death sentence for someone his age.

:thumbsup:

https://truthsocial.com/@KarliBonne/111825579597960011
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Volkonski »

Death sentence? He's 74. Three years younger than Trump. :roll:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Luke »

Stop trying to get us excited and plan a party, Pete.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Slim Cognito »

:rotflmao:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

US v Peter Navarro

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:22 am Navarro was on Hannity explaining that 4 months is a death sentence for someone his age.

Nah - that's just a nice adaption period for the retirement home :twisted:
Sam the Centipede

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Sam the Centipede »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:22 am Navarro was on Hannity explaining that 4 months is a death sentence for someone his age.

Is that a request to skip the prison sentence and just execute him immediately? I'm against death sentences, but if he wants it, well…
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Flatpoint High »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:33 am

Is that a request to skip the prison sentence and just execute him immediately? I'm against death sentences, but if he wants it, well…
y'know who didn't complain about his sentence? Vinnie "The Chin" Gigante
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Rolodex

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Rolodex »

You know, I think it's been about 4 months since his trial, and he seems fine. I know for sure it's been way longer than that since he committed his crime.

No word on when he has to show up at the pokey? I was hoping they'd remand him immediately.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bob

US v Peter Navarro

Post by bob »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:04 am No word on when he has to show up at the pokey? I was hoping they'd remand him immediately.
As with Bannon, I expect Navarro to seek a stay of his sentence pending appeal. And that the court will grant his request.
Image ImageImage
Rolodex

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Rolodex »

Sorry Pete. Off you go. To jail. Now.
After supplemental briefing was filed by Navarro's counsel concerning the issue of release pending appeal, Judge Mehta has ruled that none of the issues raised by Navarro constitute a substantial question of law that would make an appeal likely to be successful. In denying Navarro's request, Judge Mehta called out Navarro's claim that the prosecution of him was politically motivated. Specifically, Judge Mehta stated:

"Defendant’s cynical, self-serving claim of political bias poses no question at all, let alone a 'substantial' one."
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/judge- ... ing-appeal
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

This was all so easily avoidable.
bob

US v Peter Navarro

Post by bob »

After supplemental briefing was filed by Navarro's counsel concerning the issue of release pending appeal, Judge Mehta has ruled that none of the issues raised by Navarro constitute a substantial question of law that would make an appeal likely to be successful.
Happy to be wrong about this.

The court ordered Navarro to report to prison on a date of the BOP's choosing.

HOWEVER, Navarro may immediately appeal this order; he can also ask for a stay pending appeal of this order.

So I will double down and predict the D.C. Cir. will grant at least a stay pending appeal of the order that directs him to surrender.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

US v Peter Navarro

https://x.com/RealPNavarro/status/17557 ... 03116?s=20
Peter Navarro @RealPNavarro wrote: This on the same day I am ordered to prison. "Biden could portray himself as an "elderly man with a poor memory" who would be sympathetic to a jury." So no prosecution. Wow.

Please go to http://givesendgo.com/navarro to help with my legal defense.

https://nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/ ... -rcna96666
Peter Navarro @RealPNavarro wrote: Rick, I'm shocked...Judge in my case has denied my request to remain free pending appeal of my conviction. If you want to help me in this important fight involving critical constitutional separation of powers-and stay out of prison-please visit http://givesendgo.com/navarro
Who will think of the Black children? Peter Navarro will think of the Black children.
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

US v Peter Navarro

Post by RTH10260 »

And Navarro is in hot water again, like his former boss he is sitting on government documents ... :blackeye:
Peter Navarro threatened with contempt for not turning over presidential records

By Katelyn Polantz, CNN
Updated 3:40 PM EST, Tue February 20, 2024

CNN — Former Trump White House trade adviser Peter Navarro could be held in contempt of court if he doesn’t turn over to emails he has that are presidential records, a federal judge said on Tuesday.

The Justice Department sued Navarro more than a year ago, trying to reclaim federal records they said he wrongfully kept after leaving the government. Navarro lost the lawsuit in DC’s federal court last spring, but the case has dragged on without him providing all of the records.

“It is clear that Defendant continues to possess Presidential records that have not been produced to their rightful owner, the United States,” federal district Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly wrote in a 6-page opinion on Tuesday.

A magistrate judge will now be assigned to make sure Navarro returns government records to the federal government, and Kollar-Kotelly told Navarro she would look further at whether he should be held in criminal contempt of court. Navarro now must work through about 600 records to determine if they should be turned over to the federal government as presidential communications, the judge said.

The case captures a snippet of the presidential records debate that former President Donald Trump is trying to wage on a larger stage in his criminal case. Trump, like Navarro, has repeatedly tried to claim records of his are personal, and not property of the federal government.

But in Navarro’s lawsuit, Kollar-Kotelly delved into her interpretation of the presidential records law, drawing a clear line between official papers from a presidential administration and personal documents.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/20/poli ... index.html
Volkonski
Verified:

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Volkonski »

Despite order to go to prison, Navarro seeks freedom on appeal — just like Steve Bannon

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/de ... ve-bannon/
Peter Navarro, once again, is pleading to stay out of prison following his two-count conviction of contempt of Congress, according to a motion filed by the onetime trade adviser to Donald Trump in a Washington, D.C., appeals court.

The 30-page emergency motion for relief asks the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit to quickly hear Navarro’s request that he not be forced to report to federal prison for four months while he appeals a lower court’s ruling that he serve his sentence immediately.

“For the first time in history, a senior presidential advisor has been convicted of contempt of congress after asserting executive privilege over a congressional subpoena. Dr. Navarro has appealed and will raise a number of issues on appeal that he contends are likely to result in the reversal of his conviction, or a new trial,” wrote attorney Stanley Woodward.

That argument is one Navarro has attempted to advance, mostly unsuccessfully thus far. U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta denied his request for a new trial and at sentencing, the Barack Obama-appointee laced into the former White House adviser for his apparent lack of contrition after he flouted a congressional committee subpoena from lawmakers investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

The emergency motion evokes an argument Navarro is also making in federal court against the Justice Department. The department sued him more than a year ago to claw back government records prosecutors say he took after his departure from the White House in January 2021.

There, Navarro’s argument that his records were not subject to subpoena because of executive privilege rights has been met with skepticism and rebuke. Only a week ago, U.S. District Judge Collen Kollar-Kotelly warned Navarro that if he failed to comply with a court-ordered request to locate hundreds of official presidential records, he could be held in contempt of court.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Rolodex

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Rolodex »

Give it up, Pete. The court said he didn't have executive privilege, so he's appealing based on having...executive privilege. I get it, no one wants to go to prison, but when you defy subpoenas, you run that risk.
noblepa

US v Peter Navarro

Post by noblepa »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:28 pm Give it up, Pete. The court said he didn't have executive privilege, so he's appealing based on having...executive privilege. I get it, no one wants to go to prison, but when you defy subpoenas, you run that risk.
It is my understanding that, traditionally, Executive Privilege is the prerogative of the sitting President and does not carry over after the president leaves office. If someone tries to access the records of a former prez or to interview former advisors, the ex-prez can ask the current prez to invoke EP on his behalf. At least, that is the way it has worked in the past.

Has any court actually weighed in on this and formally ruled that neither ex-presidents nor their advisors enjoy executive privilege?
RTH10260

US v Peter Navarro

Post by RTH10260 »

Also too as I understand it, a person cannot claim executive priviledge on their own, it must be backed by the POTUS.
pipistrelle

US v Peter Navarro

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:50 pm Also too as I understand it, a person cannot claim executive priviledge on their own, it must be backed by the POTUS.
The current POTUS
Suranis

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Suranis »

Yes but other Presidents stopped being President when they left office. Turnip is still Presibent! He is not having that Long fucker Biden have authority over him!! HE is the APLHA MAIL!

You all think I'm joking, don't you...
Hic sunt dracones
Luke

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Luke »

When is Pete's report date? At CPAC, he said it was his "last address" before heading to the Big House. Asked Pete and included a live 2006 Broadway version of "The Big Doll House" for him to enjoy.

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 35s
Hey Pete, when is your prison report date? At CPAC you made it sound like they were your farewell remarks. Thought you might enjoy this -- it's a LIVE version of the classic song "The Big Doll House" from Hairspray on Broadway 2006.

Rolodex

US v Peter Navarro

Post by Rolodex »

It's time!!!!
Former Trump White House aide Peter Navarro has been ordered to report to a Miami prison on March 19 to begin serving a four month sentence for defying a subpoena from the Jan. 6 select committee.
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/1 ... 9-00146225

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”