FAA causes US Capitol Police scare, failed to inform them of aircraft at baseball game

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

:shock:
Hugo Lowell @hugolowell wrote: New: US Capitol Police issues alert to evacuate all buildings — “USCP is tracking an aircraft that poses a probable threat to the Capitol Complex”
Brian Tyler Cohen @briantylercohen wrote: BREAKING: “There is no threat at the Capitol” after earlier evacuation due to an unresponsive aircraft, according to Capitol Police.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Army parachute team jumping into the Nats game. Failure to communicate.
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

Estiveo wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:00 pm Army parachute team jumping into the Nats game. Failure to communicate.

Jamison Foser @jamisonfoser wrote: "Let's have a plane circle over DC and then some people will parachute out of it into a baseball stadium. you know, for fun."

"Cool!"

"Right?"

"Hey, should we give anyone a heads up over at the US Capitol where there was just a deadly insurrection like a year ago?"

"Nah."
Mike Valerio @ValerioCNN wrote: 🚨NEW — Capitol evacuation — Single engine aircraft. Parachutists into Nats Park. Not coordinated appropriately, per two people directly familiar tell @CNN
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:08 pm https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 091115.php
Hundreds of Texas state troopers are being told to slim down or step down from enforcement duties

Hundreds of Texas state troopers will need to shrink their waistlines by December or face discipline from the Department of Public Safety, according to DPS documents obtained by the Dallas Morning News.

The department wants its 4,000 officers to maintain "command presence" by keeping waistlines below 40 inches for men and 35 inches for women. Those who exceed the threshold are required to start recording and sharing their weight loss with the department.

Over 200 officers have failed the requirement – though all except two had passed the department's other physical fitness tests, the Dallas Morning News reported.

The waistline rule began in 2019 and drew a lawsuit that year from the Texas Department of Public Safety Officers Association. The organization, which represents 4,700 DPS employees, criticized the policy as "demeaning" and unrelated to performance. After pandemic delays through 2020, the department began using the new measures to evaluate officers last September.
bu, buh, buh FREEDUMB!

Mandates are illegal, the judge said so!
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
raison de arizona

I follow a lot of RWNJs on the bird site, but I don't care who you are and I don't even check. If you post a celebration of your sobriety, I *like* it. No matter who you are. Congrats. Unfortunately, those are pretty much the only posts I actually *like*. So I've screwed up my bird site algorithm to the point where a substantial portion of my feed is posts of unknown (to me) people celebrating their sobriety. People I'm not even following, the bird site has just determined that I *like* those posts and so it serves me a lot of them. Arg.
raison de arizona

Pelosi blames the FAA.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The FAA is a bunch of former military right wingers.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

FAA causes US Capitol Police scare, failed to inform them of aircraft at baseball game

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
This is an important enough topic that it deserves its own thread, so I moved some posts.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: FAA causes US Capitol Police scare, failed to inform them of aircraft at baseball game

Post by Phoenix520 »

I was wondering last week when we’d encounter the OSG’s “burrowed” government employees who will be hell-bent on screwing it up for Joe.
Estiveo
Verified:

Re: FAA causes US Capitol Police scare, failed to inform them of aircraft at baseball game

Post by Estiveo »

Amusing to me is that as soon as I saw a tweet about the evacuation, showing the Capitol police alert including the type of plane (twin otter) and saying it was near the Navy Yard, I went to FlightRadar24 and found the plane. As soon as I clicked on it, it pulled up a pic of a bright red twin otter & identified it as belonging to the U.S. Army Parachute Team, showed its flight path as taking off from Joint Base Andrews, and a quick zoom in showed that Nationals Park was right smack in the center of the big circles it was making.

Not to excuse the abysmal communications screw up by the FAA, US Army, & MLB, but it took me less than 60 seconds to figure out what was going on by tapping on my phone 3000 miles away with a tubby kitty snoozing in my lap. It didn't take Poirot to solve this one.
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That was pretty clever, Estivio. Would not have occurred to me.

This stunt was extremely dumb. All it would have taken is a phone call to the Capitol police. :mad:
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Suranis wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:41 am All it would have taken is a phone call to the Capitol police. :mad:
I'm sure there's an established procedure for the FAA informing the Capitol Police. This isn't the first time parachutists jumped into a sports event.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:37 am Amusing to me is that as soon as I saw a tweet about the evacuation, showing the Capitol police alert including the type of plane (twin otter) and saying it was near the Navy Yard, I went to FlightRadar24 and found the plane. As soon as I clicked on it, it pulled up a pic of a bright red twin otter & identified it as belonging to the U.S. Army Parachute Team, showed its flight path as taking off from Joint Base Andrews, and a quick zoom in showed that Nationals Park was right smack in the center of the big circles it was making.

Not to excuse the abysmal communications screw up by the FAA, US Army, & MLB, but it took me less than 60 seconds to figure out what was going on by tapping on my phone 3000 miles away with a tubby kitty snoozing in my lap. It didn't take Poirot to solve this one.
HA!. There is an infamous thread on a U of Arizona sports thread from years ago when UA were on a basketball coach search. They were tracking the tail number of a plane known to belong to an important booster who was squiring the Athletic Director around to interviews.

They would land somewhere and the place would blow up. "Oh God NO, not Joe Blogs!"

It was hilarious, but kinda creepy too.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet

Return to “General Stuff”