Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by bill_g »

Ahhh. How very symbolic of him. I'm sure he's giving up top shelf scotch during this period of sacrifice as well.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

“See old people struggling on fixed incomes, I’m just like you! Pay no attention to that whole rich family thing.”
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

IMG_5871.jpeg
IMG_5871.jpeg (234.07 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, like he's living paycheck to paycheck.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Big whip, make it permanent.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/28/politics ... index.html
Tensions erupted as House Republicans met behind closed-doors on Thursday, the latest sign of deep divisions and infighting as the House GOP conference has failed to coalesce around a plan to avert a shutdown.

GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz and Speaker Kevin McCarthy got into a testy exchange during the meeting, according to a source in the room. Gaetz stood up and confronted McCarthy about whether his allies were paying conservative influencers to bash Gaetz in social media posts – an allegation circulating on social media and one the speaker’s office has denied.

McCarthy’s response, according to the source in the room, was that he wouldn’t waste his time or money on Gaetz. Another source said McCarthy also shot back that he doesn’t know what Gaetz is spending time on, but that the speaker is donating $5 million to help keep the majority.

“I asked him whether or not he was paying those influencers to post negative things about me online,” Gaetz told CNN’s Manu Raju – and confirmed that McCarthy said he wouldn’t waste time on him.

McCarthy and Gaetz have long had a tense relationship and Gaetz has led the charge in threatening to force a vote to oust the speaker as pressure on McCarthy builds during the shutdown spending fight and hardline conservatives balk at the prospect of passing any kind of short-term funding extension to keep the government opening.

After the exchange, members in the room could be heard complaining about Gaetz, with one member calling him a “scumbag” and another saying “F**k off,” according to a third source in the room.
raison de arizona

They're eating themselves, delicious!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:30 pm They're eating themselves, delicious!
Indeed :popcorn:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Gaetz and DeSantis are giving Floriduh Man a bad rep.

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

But sadly we'll will be caught in the crossfire as they fiddlefuck around with not passing a budget, approving appointments, etc.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:03 pm Might I suggest that they limit their food to Bread and Water, and remove the roof till they make a decision? The Autumn and Winter sky has a wonderfully concentrating effect on the decision making process.

They also did that to the College of Cardinals in medieval times... :twisted:
Is that why they got Michelangelo to paint the ceiling?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bill_g wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:38 am Ahhh. How very symbolic of him. I'm sure he's giving up top shelf scotch during this period of sacrifice as well.
His family is richer than Davey Crocket, he wouldn't have missed it.

The scotch, on the other hand...

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Xposting

When the worlds most punchable forehead meets the worlds most treacherous party

https://www.mediaite.com/news/house-rep ... stand-him/
House GOP May Try to Oust Matt Gaetz Using Ethics Report
As Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) launches his rebellion against House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), multiple reports indicate that House Republicans are looking to get rid of the Florida congressman altogether. According to a report from CNN, an unnamed House Republican said that the caucus wants Gaetz gone — and that they may use the findings
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

(insert George Takei GIF saying "Oh My!" here.)

It's about time somebody spanked the children.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Fox News! Surprise. But their real concern is it would imperil the Republican House majority, not about his actions.

House GOP members seek to expel Gaetz amid renewed threat to vacate House Speaker McCarthy

House GOP members are preparing a motion to expel Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., amid his renewed threat to pursue a motion to vacate House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

The House Republican members will seek to expel Gaetz if the ethics committee report comes back with findings of guilt, Fox News has learned. One member told Fox News the report is mostly written but does not know what it contains. Yet following threats to vacate McCarthy, the member said of Gaetz, "No one can stand him at this point. A smart guy without morals."

It takes a two-thirds vote to expel. And Republicans are treading on thin ice with their majority. The House is down to 433 members. It’s unclear where things stand with federally indicted Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y. If you were to have members expelled, retire or die, the majority could be right on the edge for the GOP.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Suranis wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:02 pm Xposting

As Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) launches his rebellion against House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), multiple reports indicate that House Republicans are looking to get rid of the Florida congressman altogether. According to a report from CNN, an unnamed House Republican said that the caucus wants Gaetz gone — and that they may use the findings
Can't we have both? A fight in the GOP that ousts McCarthy and Gaetz getting booted? Maybe even a few sane republicans make a deal with Jeffries to make him speaker?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:45 am Can't we have both? A fight in the GOP that ousts McCarthy and Gaetz getting booted? Maybe even a few sane republicans make a deal with Jeffries to make him speaker?
Thing is, I can picture, just barely, a few 'sane' republicans making such a deal. But I cannot picture Jeffries being able to keep such an unstable coalition together long enough to actually get any actual work done.

On the other hand, would anyone notice if no work got done for the next 13 months?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bob

Post by bob »

keith wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:42 pmOn the other hand, would anyone notice if no work got done for the next 13 months?
Yes; the CR will expire (again) next month.
Image ImageImage
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

bob wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:10 pm
keith wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:42 pmOn the other hand, would anyone notice if no work got done for the next 13 months?
Yes; the CR will expire (again) next month.
Yeah, true. And the Sh*t fight will be the same whether McCarthy is still hanging on, they are in the 10,047th vote with nobody elected yet, or Jeffries is the one trying to herd the cats in an unstable coalition.

And every single one of those 'sane' 'Coalition Caucus' members will be hearing the noise of primary opponents trying to crawl up their backsides.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Ron Filipkowski
@ronfilipkowski@bird.makeup
House Democrats laugh at Matt Gaetz as he walks off the Floor after making his Motion to Vacate McCarthy. They can kick back for a few days, then wait for Kevin to slink down to Jeffries office looking for a lifeline.

[media]https://media.mas.to/masto-public/cache ... 41a274.mp4[/media]
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:45 am
Suranis wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:02 pm Xposting

Can't we have both? A fight in the GOP that ousts McCarthy and Gaetz getting booted? Maybe even a few sane republicans make a deal with Jeffries to make him speaker?
At this point I am rooting for this to go off the rails like the French Revolution.

McCarthy has already met the Guillitine, I'm waiting for someone to go to the Well of the House and demand "Bring me the head of Matt Gaetz!"

Viva le Revolution!

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

In all seriousness, if there exist 5 sane Republicans, they'd be most likely to show up to keep the government open.

And if they do, Jefferies needs to make the deal "you vote how I tell you to vote and shut the heck up about it. You know and I know you are ending your career by being here so at least make it worth something your grandkids will read about"

Does he even need 5 now? I think it's only 4 now. Rapey Forehead would make it 3?

If Gaetz is booted, Meatball Ron will call a special election for next Tuesday, as oppsoed to him putting off the one in a Dem district for like 18 months, so that's a loss they'll make up in no time.

raison de arizona

Roy would like Gaetz to kiss his ass.
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Chip Roy goes after Gaetz: “You want to come at me and call me a RINO you can kiss my ass! You go around talking your big game and thumping your chest on Twitter. Come in my office and have a debate mother —-!”
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Alexa, order all the popcorn

(h/t Rick Wilson many moons ago)

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”