Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
Suranis

Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Suranis »

It might. Or they would breath a sigh of relief at having the expectation of doing something removed to us and they would go back to their districts screaming about the mean Dems and what they WOULD be doing if they were the Majority.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Noem and Boebert he stands with, mtg? Well, they’re on the outs right now.
https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/17 ... 9449396703
Matt Gaetz @mattgaetz wrote: I stand with @GovKristiNoem & @laurenboebert

They fight for the people and face relentless attacks from the media and the Left because they are effective.

I remain honored to work with both to advance the America First Agenda!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:09 pm Noem and Boebert he stands with, mtg? Well, they’re on the outs right now.
https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/17 ... 9449396703
Matt Gaetz @mattgaetz wrote: I stand with @GovKristiNoem & @laurenboebert

They fight for the people and face relentless attacks from the media and the Left because they are effective.

I remain honored to work with both to advance the America First Agenda!
Aren't they all too old for him?
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona

Great.
'He's 100% in': Matt Gaetz widely expected to run for Florida governor
The Florida congressman, however, told NBC News that his only political goal at the moment is getting Donald Trump elected president in 2024.
:snippity:
As part of those festivities, Perez held a reception Sunday night at an AC Hotel by Marriott near the city’s downtown. At the event Gaetz was seen “kind of holding court,” and he strongly implied several times he would be running for governor, four people at the event told NBC News.

“There was a lot of talk about it at the reception last night, and Gaetz was telling people to basically expect him to be in,” one longtime Florida Republican lobbyist said.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... rcna105629
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hey, the staff can move on from the Governors office to the Gateway Pundit when they get too old for Gaetz. And, just think about how good this Profile will look on a Painting.

000-Brack - Nothing Odd About This Guy.jpg
000-Brack - Nothing Odd About This Guy.jpg (21.93 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Oh. looks like someone else has already painted the official portrait.

Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

He's such a jerk.
Rep. Matt Gaetz @RepMattGaetz wrote: AG GARLAND REFUSES TO ANSWER:

• Can you guarantee the people buying Hunter Biden’s “art” aren’t doing so to gain political favors from the Bidens?

• Did the Biden DOJ dissolve the Trump-era China Initiative as a result of Hunter’s Chinese business deals?

• On January 6th, did you lose count of the number of federal assets?

GAETZ: “Not going to comment, not going to investigate.”

GARLAND: “That’s right.”
raison de arizona

Rep. Matt Gaetz @RepMattGaetz wrote: Setting up a committee is an end unto itself only in Washington, D.C. The American people demand results.

We can set up committees, have hearings, and yell at people. But at the end of the day, if we still send the check to fund a weaponized government, having a Weaponization Subcommittee is little relief.

If any of this was serious, we would be sending out subpoenas and compelling process the way the January 6th Committee did.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

How do members of Congress get their paycheck :?: :think:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:18 pm How do members of Congress get their paycheck :?: :think:
I somehow recall, but could be mistaken, that Congress has certain things run outside of the Federal Government structures since they are a separate branch. Having parts of their world controlled by the executive branch could create a potential risk to their independence. Congress can be touchy about such things as the Constitution is rather clear about the separation of powers.

That said, I don't remember if this applies to pay, though their pay may not be reduced during a term.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Short answer: yes, they get paid, it’s in the Constitution.

Long answer: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/government ... -get-paid/
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

H/T @ rda
raison de arizona

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Gaetz responds to portions of Hutchinson’s book involving him claiming he dated Hutchinson.

Hutchinson responds, “I will say on behalf of myself I never dated Matt Gaetz. I have much higher standards in men. “
raison de arizona

Gaetz’s full Sunday interview.
► Show Spoiler
Rep. Matt Gaetz @RepMattGaetz wrote: The way to fund the government is not by doing it the same way Congress has since the mid-90s, where it's one up or down vote on the entire government all at once.

We should have separate single-subject spending bills. @SpeakerMcCarthy promised that in January. He is in breach of that promise.

I'm not here to hold the government hostage. I'm here to hold Kevin McCarthy to his word.[/spoil]
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:18 pm How do members of Congress get their paycheck :?: :think:
The lobbyists drops it off in small bills in a hefty bag.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:48 am
I somehow recall, but could be mistaken, that Congress has certain things run outside of the Federal Government structures since they are a separate branch. Having parts of their world controlled by the executive branch could create a potential risk to their independence. Congress can be touchy about such things as the Constitution is rather clear about the separation of powers.

That said, I don't remember if this applies to pay, though their pay may not be reduced during a term.
There is a Constitutional question about withholding or cutting the pay of Congress during their term and Judges pay cannot be reduced or stopped, so they get their official paycheck, first of every month. Most of them aren't really very needy for missing one anyway. I think for one of the shutdowns, some brave Sir Robins said they'd volunteer to not get paid, but being millionaires many times over, it hardly mattered to them.. Mitt Romney ain't gonna have to switch to cat food if the Senate becomes a non paying gig.

BoBo the Clown might have to turn a few tricks on Dupont Circle, her ex was the main breadwinner since it was easier to pay the bribes to him as consulting fees and she blew that (literally).

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:16 am Short answer: yes, they get paid, it’s in the Constitution.

Long answer: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/government ... -get-paid/
I got so ninja'd there.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:56 am Gaetz’s full Sunday interview.
► Show Spoiler
Rep. Matt Gaetz @RepMattGaetz wrote: The way to fund the government is not by doing it the same way Congress has since the mid-90s, where it's one up or down vote on the entire government all at once.

We should have separate single-subject spending bills. @SpeakerMcCarthy promised that in January. He is in breach of that promise.

I'm not here to hold the government hostage. I'm here to hold Kevin McCarthy to his word.[/spoil]

Gavel the fuckers into session and then lock them in the chamber 24/7 like The College of Cardinals used to be in the 16th century until they pass what they need to pass, including the Conference Report with the Senate. No cocaine breaks until Biden signs the finished bill.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Might I suggest that they limit their food to Bread and Water, and remove the roof till they make a decision? The Autumn and Winter sky has a wonderfully concentrating effect on the decision making process.

They also did that to the College of Cardinals in medieval times... :twisted:
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

How will the public discern between the hot air of Republicans and the burning of reams of budget papers :?:
raison de arizona

McCarthy is desperate.
Rep. Matt Gaetz @RepMattGaetz wrote: .@SpeakerMcCarthy has to pay people to agree with him.

I just tell the truth.

We are not the same.
Gunther Eagleman™ @GuntherEagleman wrote: I’m not like @SpeakerMcCarthy, I can’t be bought.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

How do we know that text exchange isn’t a fabrication?
raison de arizona

Rep. Gaetz requests his pay to be withheld during government shutdown

Rep. Matt Gaetz said Tuesday that he doesn’t want to be paid during a government shutdown.

In a letter sent Tuesday to the House’s Chief Administrative Officer Catherine Szpindor, the Florida Republican requested that his pay be withheld until the government has been funded.

“It is my understanding that pursuant to the Constitution, members of Congress will continue to receive their pay during a lapse in appropriations. Therefore, I am requesting that in the case of a lapse of appropriations beginning at 12:00 a.m. on October 1, 2023, my pay be withheld until legislation has taken effect to end such lapse in appropriations in its entirety,” the letter said.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... hheld-dur/
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”