Music Free-for-all

John Thomas8

Music Free-for-all

Post by John Thomas8 »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Music Free-for-all

Post by northland10 »

Ennio Morricone - For love one can die (D'amore si muore) with Saxophone and Organ. I do enjoy organs with different instruments and Morricone.

101010 :towel:
Suranis

Music Free-for-all

Post by Suranis »

If you like the Music of Morricone you will probably love this - The Spaghetti Western Orchestra, live at the BBC Proms at 2011. They are good, not bad and maybe ugly...

Hic sunt dracones
much ado

Music Free-for-all

Post by much ado »

And now for something substantially different...

Yann Falquet plays the guimbarde. Mrs ado sent me this. I was given one of these instruments by my daughter for Christmas.

johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Music Free-for-all

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Suranis wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:23 pm If you like the Music of Morricone you will probably love this - The Spaghetti Western Orchestra, live at the BBC Proms at 2011. They are good, not bad and maybe ugly...

Glad you posted this... it's been a favorite of mine for quite some time. I would tell anyone that it's worth the hour-plus to watch the whole thing.

One of my favorite parts is the heavy metal "guitar" solo in "Farewell to Cheyenne," which starts at about 11:00, using one of the more unique stringed instruments you'll ever see.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Music Free-for-all

Post by Frater I*I »

So yes, I am about to post a Nine Inch Nails song here...and the narrator will mention that I will get flak...

[Narrator: They will crucify you for this..]

So time for some total truth with my surrogate Fogbow family...

My teenage years with my family was shit, like any other kid, yet in the 7th grade I turned to drug dealing to make money. Why you ask? Because I would turn to smoking heroine to forget about my family issues [there where a lot], and selling weed funded my heroine habit. Eventually my friend and and I would kick our habit by having his sister locking us in his parent's finished basement for a week while his parents were out of town, this was when we were in the 10th grade.

Now comes my Senior year, things at home have gotten worse, and I have started to hit the foil again...then comes out the Downward Spiral by NIN...and this song wakes me up to my addiction, moreover to the fact that I have and opiate addiction...I can't say I've never done opiates since, but indeed I was done using them on a regular basis...today I can say it's been years since I last used an opiate.

Well, without much ado here's the song...for some of you turn down the volume...

"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Uninformed

Music Free-for-all

Post by Uninformed »

Why “flak”? It’s not my cup of tea, but the song spoke to you when you needed it; that’s a good thing. You’ve achieved something an awful lot of people sadly never manage. Respect.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Music Free-for-all

Post by keith »

Uninformed wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:42 am Why “flak”? It’s not my cup of tea, but the song spoke to you when you needed it; that’s a good thing. You’ve achieved something an awful lot of people sadly never manage. Respect.
:yeahthat: :like:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Music Free-for-all

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

keith wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:32 am
Uninformed wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:42 am Why “flak”? It’s not my cup of tea, but the song spoke to you when you needed it; that’s a good thing. You’ve achieved something an awful lot of people sadly never manage. Respect.
Proud of you! I always liked Nine Inch Nails!❤️💖💕
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10

Music Free-for-all

Post by northland10 »

:yeahthat: :yeahthat:
qbawl

Music Free-for-all

Post by qbawl »

northland10 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:21 am
:yeahthat: :yeahthat:
What the team said!
:yeahthat:
Good on ya!
John Thomas8

Music Free-for-all

Post by John Thomas8 »

My brother left me this album as he went off to the Air Force and a Viet Nam.

This song scared me spitless of heroin, never was tempted to try it:

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Music Free-for-all

Post by Frater I*I »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:47 pm My brother left me this album as he went off to the Air Force and a Viet Nam.

This song scared me spitless of heroin, never was tempted to try it:

:snippity:
Fun Fact #1 My dad joined the USAF after getting a draft card for the Army...he was assigned as a gunner on an AC-130 and stationed at Da Nang a few months before the Tet Offensive...whoops... :shrug:

Fun Fact #2 As I said my family life was bad, my parents saw them failing with my older brother who dropped out and left when he was 16 [the subtext here was he was arrested for vandalizing a school and dad told him if you can't live by my rules you won't live in my house, Michael packed his shit and left the next day], I was 15 at the time and I think that led to my parents going into overdrive to make me "successful" in their eyes.

On my last day of high school, I left for exotic Parris Island SC for boot camp [the reason I left that night is another long story [narrator: they are already bored with this one, so wrap it up], at the age of 17, at this point in my life I hated my parents so much, I never intended to have contact with them again. Sure they showed up at my graduation, I couldn't stop that and had to meet with them, but my plan was to do 20 to 25 years in the Corps, retire, and never see them again.

It would be over 3 years before I would ever talk to them again, but today I can say I have a great relationship with them. The past...I let it be in the past, never to be discussed anymore.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Music Free-for-all

Post by Suranis »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:49 am So yes, I am about to post a Nine Inch Nails song here...and the narrator will mention that I will get flak...
Why should anyone give you flak for anything you put up here. If its meaningful to you then its meaningful.

Anyway I'm feeling down so,

Hic sunt dracones
John Thomas8

Music Free-for-all

Post by John Thomas8 »

Somebody is impressed by Glen. I know I am. Too bad the solo gets lost in the orchestra.

John Thomas8

Music Free-for-all

Post by John Thomas8 »

This is how to smack scalpers around and make life long fans:

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Music Free-for-all

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I liked Billy Joel before. I luvs him now!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Chilidog

Music Free-for-all

Post by Chilidog »

Did anyone catch Joni at the Grammys last night?

Bonus points if you spotted Allison Russell singing back up.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Music Free-for-all

Post by Shizzle Popped »

"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
northland10

Music Free-for-all

Post by northland10 »

Too add the the Grammy fun, here is the winner of the best classical solo album, Julia Bullock.

John Thomas8

Music Free-for-all

Post by John Thomas8 »

Sigh, nobody's posted Tracy and Luke from the Grammys last night. The bits and clips I've seen, it looks really good.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Music Free-for-all

Post by Shizzle Popped »

John Thomas8 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:28 pm Sigh, nobody's posted Tracy and Luke from the Grammys last night. The bits and clips I've seen, it looks really good.
Scroll up. ;)
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
John Thomas8

Music Free-for-all

Post by John Thomas8 »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:43 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:28 pm Sigh, nobody's posted Tracy and Luke from the Grammys last night. The bits and clips I've seen, it looks really good.
Scroll up. ;)
Thank you, I'll wait until it shows up other places.
northland10

Music Free-for-all

Post by northland10 »

John Thomas8 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:53 pm
Shizzle Popped wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:43 pm
Scroll up. ;)
Thank you, I'll wait until it shows up other places.
On the Grammy's website

https://www.grammy.com/videos/tracy-cha ... mmy-awards
northland10

Music Free-for-all

Post by northland10 »

John Williams turned 92 yesterday, so Carl Grapentine (on the radio, WFMT) played Williams's Olympic Fanfare and Theme from the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles. I have always loved the piece and the 84 Olympics were a favorite of mine. It was quite a show.

Oh, yeah, if you listen on good headphones, you can hear them using the Walt Disney Concert Hall organ designed by Rosalas (with Frank Gehry input, of course). It is a rather wild looking thing. The Pick-Up-Sticks organ.

IIRC, not only did they have to find ways to support the face pipes in a wild arrangement (instead of having it supported mainly by the base), it had to be done in an earthquake-resistant manner. The visible pipes are actually a very small part of an instrument. There are some 6000+ other pipes.

Return to “Arts, Music, Photography, and stuff like that”