Couy Griffin will be tried for trespassing on the U.S. Capitol grounds beginning Monday

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Couy Griffin will be tried for trespassing on the U.S. Capitol grounds beginning Monday

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:46 pm 'Cuz video.

They wanna be on the news, but not without a hat on.

I don't like to be seen in public without a hat either. I'm 50% bald and 50% gray and curly. I look much better with a hat. I own 19 hats, at last count. But I only wear one at a time.

Hats, man. :thumbsup:
In my family, if we are going to an outdoor event, my father and brothers (one older and one younger) are reminded to bring a hat to protect them from the sun. They never remind me because, unlike the other males in my family, I still have a full head covering. :mrgreen:

I may still try to remember a hat to protect the nose, but it has to be a large enough brim to protect the beak. There's lots of real estate there.

My biggest issue is what I look like with large flat-brimmed hats. When I was younger, if I wore one I looked like a T. Now, I would look like a lowercase b wearing a hat. I was not given the gift of shoulders.
101010 :towel:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Lower case b :lol: :lol: :lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Some of my hats have special meaning for me, like the ones I have from the Y-Guides and Princesses (YMCA) program that I did with my boys from 2005 to 2014. Some of them are silly, like the hammer-and-sickle hat. Some are totally waterproof, great in the rain. Some are just fun, like my bowler. Some are woke.

:shock:

Yes, woke. I said it and I meant it. :lol:

I have two hats from Real Deal Brazil.

Recycled. From tarps taken from cargo trucks in the Amazonian jungle. The real one.

If'n that ain't woke enough for ya, lemme know. :batting:

The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Hats are kinda my thing. I rarely go anywhere without one, unless it's the grocery store or doctor.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
I am sad because the comic-book-panel cap in my profile picture got misplaced while I was in Belfast doing my two-week part to make a one-day event look seamless. We had the staff of three event venues and one restaurant checking their lost-and-found. Someone clearly walked off with it after I set it down. I loved that cap. My favorite head-cover of all time.

On the other hand, a friend of mine who is my friend-group-renowned-expert-on-hats will be visiting me in London the week before my assignment here ends, and has said he will go cap-shopping with me. So new profile pic before mid-to-late May, I assume.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:46 pm 'Cuz video.

They wanna be on the news, but not without a hat on.

I don't like to be seen in public without a hat either. I'm 50% bald and 50% gray and curly. I look much better with a hat. I own 19 hats, at last count. But I only wear one at a time.

Hats, man. :thumbsup:
I've gone hatty recently
Me04.jpg
Me04.jpg (12.25 KiB) Viewed 1016 times

Of course it does make me look a little... sinister.

TohtReal.jpg
TohtReal.jpg (41.81 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Actually, that's a perfect hat for you. Looking good! :thumbsup:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Looking sharp, Suranis! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
much ado

Post by much ado »

If anyone is interested, I found the full recording of the Nov 10, 2022 Otero County Commission meeting.

I've set it up to start when Couy starts speaking the first time.

much ado

Post by much ado »

Yes, nice hat Suranis! Very cool.

I've been wearing a hat. (See avatar.) More than once I've been accused of looking like John Muir, which I take as a compliment.

Without the hat, I just look old.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What a whiner. And he has a fan club behind him.
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

According to twitter, Couy got himself arrested again and is still on probation.

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

much ado wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:52 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:47 pm
northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:40 pm This all hat no cattle folks scream about old traditional American values and then wear their hat indoors while speaking in a meeting.
But how would they know he's a "cowboy" without the hat?
By the smell?
And the bow-legs.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Yeah, hats. I got 'em cause I ain't got no hair anymore. I forget to take them off indoors all the time. Where are you supposed to put them? Restaurants don't have hat racks anymore. Customers at the newsagent that I spend all of 3 hours a week at complain if I don't have my hat on (I would too if I had to look at me all the time).

I got three genuine made in Honduras (or Colombia, I ferget) Panamas that I love. Trouble is they grow holes in the crown. My current 'fake' Panama is getting so dirty, I'm studying ways to clean it that won't ruin it beyond wearing.

Then I have 2 Akubra 'Bogart' fedoras. They are identical except that the one I bought brand new for millions of dollars is just a little bit too large. The one that SWMBO found in the opshop for $4 fits perfectly but is just a little bit misshapen. I need to pack out the 'big' one and get the misshapen one reblocked.

I got an American Biltmore fedora as well. It was a chance find in Oakland at a shop that was going out of business that very day, and I was sorta desperately trying to find a replacement for one of the aforementioned Bogarts that I left in the Sydney International Airport Security. I got that hat back though - Sydney lost and found almost threw it away but I showed up looking for it just in the nick of time.

But my favorite is the brown fedora that Indiana Jones wears. I found it on a tourist visit to the Blue Mountains in New South Wales and lost it on a tourist run to the Barossa Valley wineries in South Australia. And found it again on a visit to the Geelong Wool Museum in Victoria. For no reason that I can fathom, the manufacturer is pushing ads at my facebook feed all the time.

Baseball caps I'll ignore, I have dozens. I only wear them to keep the hoodie off my eyes in the rain, or when gardening.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

NEW MEXICO NEWS
Former Otero County Commissioner facing criminal charges
by: Laila Freeman
Posted: May 22, 2023 / 06:56 PM MDT Updated: May 22, 2023 / 06:59 PM MDT

NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – Former Otero County Commissioner Couy Griffin is in trouble again. The founder of the political organization “Cowboys for Trump” is facing three charges of criminal trespass and two counts of harassment after an incident earlier this year.

According to a criminal complaint, Griffin asked a man from Maryland to renovate a home on his mother’s property in exchange for room and board.

You may recall Griffin was convicted of illegally entering Capitol grounds during the January 6 Riot and was sentenced to time served. A judge also barred Griffin from holding public office in the state again.
https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/fo ... l-charges/

Any Fogbowzers from Maryland? Who did this? :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

There’s a video of Cowboy Couy and the man who brought the charges against him on the TikTok. Well, I don’t think any faces show through the text but you can still tell. He’s belligerent with everyone.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTREuRyF9/

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”