Russia Invades Ukraine

MN-Skeptic

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by MN-Skeptic »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:04 pm I doubt they'd waste a plane, a pilot, and fuel on POWs.
:yeahthat:
Suranis

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Suranis »

Ya, as I said they tend to use Busses for POWs. Which honestly makes sense.
Hic sunt dracones
Estiveo
Verified:

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraine ... ban-folds/
European Union leaders on Thursday reached a deal to provide €50 billion in aid to Ukraine — and they were in unanimous agreement after some leaders persuaded the sole holdout, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán, to drop his veto.

“All 27 leaders agreed on an additional €50 billion support package for Ukraine within the EU budget,” European Council President Charles Michel wrote on X, a few minutes after the formal start of the Council meeting on Thursday.

“This locks in steadfast, long-term, predictable funding for Ukraine,” he added.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said he was “grateful” to Charles Michel and EU leaders for establishing the €50 billion Ukraine Facility.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:35 am https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/statu ... 9255497139
Angry Staffer 🌻 @Angry_Staffer
Ukraine claims to have sunk the Ivanovets, a Russian missile corvette, last night in a complex attack with multiple unmanned surface vehicles (USVs).
Incredible footage here.
4:20 PM · Feb 1, 2024
Now that was impressive. There was already a hole in the side and the superstructure was leaning forward when the next USV struck the same hole again. The following USV filmed the superstructure leaning even more and managed to clearly drift thru the now larger hole into the vessel. Then the Titanic effect. :think: did they have time to muster the big band in time for the showdown :?: :twisted:
Rolodex

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Rolodex »

And the Russians are shooting at those sea drones! I guess they're man-guided so they can evade that.
On the night of January 31-February 1, 2024, soldiers of the Group 13 special unit of the Intelligence of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine destroyed the Ivanovets missile boat of the Russian Black Sea Fleet. The enemy vessel was on the roadstead of Lake Donuzlav in the temporarily occupied Crimea.

As a result of a number of direct hits the Russian ship sustained damage incompatible with further movement - the Ivanovets sank.

The cost of the ship lost by the aggressor state is approximately $60-70 million dollars.

According to preliminary information, the search and rescue operation of the Russian occupiers in Donuzlav was unsuccessful.

The operation was made possible with the support of the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine and the United24 platform," the intelligence officers said.
LOLZ on my bolding
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Dave from down under »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantul-class_corvette

Complement
Sensors and
processing systems
Radar: Spin trough, Bass Tilt, Peel pair, Pop group
Armament
4 × P-15 Termit/SS-N-2 Styx or 4 × P-270 Moskit/SS-N-22 Sunburn or 16 × Kh-35 Uran/SS-N-25 Switchblade anti-ship missiles.
1 SA-N-5 SAM (1x4) MANPADS air defence missiles
1 × 76 mm AK-176 dual purpose main gun
2 × AK-630 30 mm gun or 1 × CADS-N-1 Kashtan CIWS (close-in weapon system) for air defence
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm counting the days until Putin is incompatible with further movement.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:43 pm And the Russians are shooting at those sea drones! I guess they're man-guided so they can evade that.

:snippity:
LOLZ on my bolding
Yes, same technology as used on the flying drones, adapted to marine environment. Flying with virtual reality goggles in real time. To note that gunnery from a ship is notoriously difficult, even at daytime when one can see the target. At nicht one is looking for shadows of ghosts.
RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:31 pm I'm counting the days until Putin is incompatible with further movement.
He may self destruct anytime seeing his Black Sea fleet getting turned to scrap metal. :twisted:
Rolodex

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Rolodex »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:15 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:31 pm I'm counting the days until Putin is incompatible with further movement.
He may self destruct anytime seeing his Black Sea fleet getting turned to scrap metal. :twisted:
That works.

I can't find it now, but I read earlier today that Ukraine has set up a safe sea corridor and shipments are almost back to pre-war levels. They're going out of NW Black Sea and military ships from other countries may start accompanying them...Russia would be pretty reluctant to shoot and hit a ship from say, US or UK. Also, due to sanctions, apparently India can pay Russia only in rupees for their gas. Rupees are useless to Russia. Oh, well. :shrug:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Ukraine has said Russian forces are using terminals of Elon Musk’s satellite internet service Starlink in occupied areas. The Ukrainian military released what it said was an intercept of an exchange between two Russian soldiers as proof of “systemic” use. Starlink systems have been vital for Ukraine’s battlefield communications throughout Russia’s nearly two-year-old invasion.

Starlink said it did not sell terminals to Russia, it was not aware of others doing so, and its network did not operate in Russia. However statements by the company and Elon Musk avoided addressing concerns that Russian troops might be obtaining and using them regardless, including on illegally Russian-occupied Ukrainian soil.

part of https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... on-day-719
Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

Me: Make it happen!!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-14/ ... /103445568

In short: There is a growing push among some Western nations, including the US, to use Russian assets they froze at the beginning of the war to fund Ukraine's military.
What's next: The move is without precedent, but officials and politicians in Europe and the US are investigating what options are available to them.
Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

Unless Donnie wins…

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-13/ ... /103462938

US Senate passes $US95 billion package to aid Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan after debating bill through the night
much ado

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by much ado »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:18 am Me: Make it happen!!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-14/ ... /103445568

In short: There is a growing push among some Western nations, including the US, to use Russian assets they froze at the beginning of the war to fund Ukraine's military.
What's next: The move is without precedent, but officials and politicians in Europe and the US are investigating what options are available to them.
It seems that seizing frozen Russian assets and using them to fund Ukraine's military would be equivalent to declaring war on Russia.
Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

Well… the funds would buy ammunition that would then be delivered to the Russians…

So making everyone happy! ;)
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:31 am
Ukraine has said Russian forces are using terminals of Elon Musk’s satellite internet service Starlink in occupied areas. The Ukrainian military released what it said was an intercept of an exchange between two Russian soldiers as proof of “systemic” use. Starlink systems have been vital for Ukraine’s battlefield communications throughout Russia’s nearly two-year-old invasion.

Starlink said it did not sell terminals to Russia, it was not aware of others doing so, and its network did not operate in Russia. However statements by the company and Elon Musk avoided addressing concerns that Russian troops might be obtaining and using them regardless, including on illegally Russian-occupied Ukrainian soil.

part of https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... on-day-719
Did they lease them maybe?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

Would you believe Elon?

If yes…
I have this harbour bridge that I’m selling.. ;)
pipistrelle

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by pipistrelle »

Anyone know more about this?

pipistrelle

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by pipistrelle »

much ado

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by much ado »

I just hope Republicans and Democrats can start pulling on the same end of the rope. Any chance?
Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

:rotflmao:
much ado

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by much ado »

(It wasn't a joke.) :crying:
Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-14/ ... /103468240

In short: Ukraine's military intelligence agency has published footage purporting to show naval drones destroying a Russian warship.
The Caesar Kunikov, a Project 775 Ropucha-class landing ship, has a crew of 87 and took part in wars in Georgia, Syria and Ukraine, Ukraine says.
What's next? Ukraine is increasingly relying on drones to narrow the gap in its naval capabilities with Russia, which has a powerful Black Sea Fleet.
John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”