Russia Invades Ukraine

Gregg

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Gregg »

You'd also need to reduce the Russian Navy and their long-range bomber force to smoldering scraps of twisted metal. Again, drones would never be able to pull this off.
Although I think the 699th would make smoldering scraps of twisted metal out of the Russian Naval Aircraft Carrier Fleet.

It helps that the Russian Naval Aircraft Carrier Fleet is only smoldering scraps of twisted metal on the days when things are going good enough to get the boilers fired up. :rotflmao:

But Biscuit is chomping at the bit to show you!

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Volkonski »

Well, mazut is very difficult to burn in boilers even on a good day. ;)

The 699th should wait until the Admiral Kuznetsov returns to service now estimated to be sometime in 2024. So far the Russians have done a good job of damaging the ship during the overhaul with no help from the 699th.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:52 pm Well, mazut is very difficult to burn in boilers even on a good day. ;)

The 699th should wait until the Admiral Kuznetsov returns to service now estimated to be sometime in 2024. So far the Russians have done a good job of damaging the ship during the overhaul with no help from the 699th.
That is of course, the "Official Position". Anything contrary to that story is of course, classified. The Pupperoni wrappers found all over the docks are just a coincidence. :thumbsup:

John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:52 pm Well, mazut is very difficult to burn in boilers even on a good day. ;)

I'm not sure the Russian Navy has recovered from the battle of Tsushima. :eek: :shock:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Ben-Prime »

John Thomas8 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:39 pm

I'm not sure the Russian Navy has recovered from the battle of Tsushima. :eek: :shock:
They'll also never be over Macho Grande.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Sam the Centipede

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Off Topic
I skim over this nonsense from dognuts infesting political threads. In my view, it's not funny, not clever, but clearly others hold contrary opinions. It's not my forum, I don't have to like everything, that's fine, no cause for complaint.

But in a thread about issues in a warzone where several hundred people die each day along with huge environmental, economic and societal damage — is it appropriate?

Please, don't spread dog crap everywhere.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Frater I*I »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:21 am :snippity:
They'll also never be over Macho Grande.
It was shortly after that that their drinking problem started....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Suranis »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:01 am
Off Topic
I skim over this nonsense from dognuts infesting political threads. In my view, it's not funny, not clever, but clearly others hold contrary opinions. It's not my forum, I don't have to like everything, that's fine, no cause for complaint.

But in a thread about issues in a warzone where several hundred people die each day along with huge environmental, economic and societal damage — is it appropriate?

Please, don't spread dog crap everywhere.
:yeahthat:
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

5h ago
08.58 BST
Ukraine claims large Russian landing ship and submarine hit in Sevastopol strike

Andriy Yusov, a Ukrainian military spy agency official, said on Wednesday that an overnight attack on the port of Sevastopol, home to Russia’s Black Sea fleet in occupied Crimea, had struck a large Russian landing ship and a submarine.

Reuters reports Yusov told it “We confirm a large landing vessel and submarine were hit. We do not comment on the means (used) for the strike.”

Russia’s defence ministry said two military vessels damaged in an overnight Ukrainian missile strike on Sevastopol in Russian-annexed Crimea would be repaired and continue in service, state news agency RIA reported.

Ukraine said it struck Russian naval targets and port infrastructure early on Wednesday, in what appeared to the biggest attack of the war on the home of the Russian Black Sea Fleet.

The attack on Crimea highlighted Kyiv’s growing missile capabilities as Russia continues to bombard Ukraine long-range missiles and assault drones.

“We confirm a large landing vessel and submarine were hit. We do not comment on the means (used) for the strike,” Ukrainian military intelligence official Andriy Yusov told Reuters.

Russia’s defence ministry said in statement that Ukraine had attacked a Black Sea shipyard with 10 cruise missiles and three uncrewed speedboats in the early hours of Wednesday, damaging two vessels that had been undergoing repairs (see earlier post at 05.21).

Smoke rises from the shipyard that was reportedly hit by Ukrainian missile attack in Sevastopol, Crimea.
Smoke rises from the shipyard that was reportedly hit by Ukrainian missile attack in Sevastopol, Crimea. Photograph: Reuters Tv/Reuters
Updated at 12.43 BST
RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

Cool, good to see real world tests against common criminals.
RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Two naval units out of commission, two dry dock bains out of commission, at least until the scrap metal piles are cleared, hopefully the pumps and dock doors are gone too. I guess the blasts and fires have also damaged the adjacent workshops. Not likely that the Russian Black Sea fleet will get repairs at this location any longer. :thumbsup:
John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

Suranis

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Suranis »

Ukraine has attacked and partially destroyed the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol today as the Ukrainian air campaign in Russian-occupied Crimea continues to escalate
Hic sunt dracones
John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

Part 1:

Part 2:
RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:31 am https://twitter.com/Biz_Ukraine_Mag/sta ... 4057408513
Ukraine has attacked and partially destroyed the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol today as the Ukrainian air campaign in Russian-occupied Crimea continues to escalate
Cannot locate the video anymore, but it shows signifiicant destruction on the backside of the building, nobody will be working in the building any longer. Roof looked like collapsed thru to the ground floor.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Apparently, Ukrainian intelligence had excellent information about a high level staff meeting involving an admiral in charge of the Black Sea fleet and several generals. They knew the time and room number where it would be held.

It appears that the admiral may have been killed and that the generals were severely wounded. Also, a lot of staff was either killed or wounded. Other reports suggest that this was a well coordinated attack, with multiple vectors that confused either the air defense systems or their operators. Nice job!

Also, the Biden administration announced ATACMS long range precision strike missiles will finally be given to Ukraine. Goodbye Kerch Strait bridge in 3... 2... 1...
Suranis

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Suranis »

There are explosions in Kazan, thick smoke is rising over the city.

It is about 1000 km from Ukraine
The official explanation is a bang from a car engine that jammed. Um... that's a hell of a car.

Kazan is hosting the joint venture between Russia and Iran to produce Shahed drones to bomb targets in Ukraine

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... ones-iran/
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
John Thomas8

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by John Thomas8 »

RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Russian Black Sea commander seen working after Ukrainian special forces said they killed him

The Sun
26 Sept 2023

Viktor Sokolov, the commander of Russia's Black Sea Fleet and one of Russia's most senior navy officers, was shown on Tuesday (September 26) attending a video conference, a day after Ukrainian special forces said they had killed him.

In video and photographs released by the Russian defence ministry, Sokolov was shown apparently taking part in a video conference with Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu and other top admirals and army chiefs.

Ukraine's special forces said on Monday they had killed Sokolov, Moscow's top admiral in Crimea, along with 33 other officers in a missile attack last week on the headquarters of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in the port of Sevastopol.

Earlier on Tuesday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov had declined to comment on the Ukrainian claim, referring reporters to the defence ministry.

johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by johnpcapitalist »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:16 pm
Russian Black Sea commander seen working after Ukrainian special forces said they killed him

Viktor Sokolov, the commander of Russia's Black Sea Fleet and one of Russia's most senior navy officers, was shown on Tuesday (September 26) attending a video conference, a day after Ukrainian special forces said they had killed him.

In video and photographs released by the Russian defence ministry, Sokolov was shown apparently taking part in a video conference with Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu and other top admirals and army chiefs.
One can imagine that they may try to pass off old footage of Sokolov as current to discredit Ukrainian special forces. There are probably lots of opinions on whether it's faked. Of course, in the fog of war, even claims from credible sources can turn out to be wrong and being wrong about this particular thing won't trash the credibility of the AFU, which has generally been good.

Having a potentially real or potentially faked video of Sokolov won't help Russia overcome the embarrassment of a precision strike hitting the conference room at the precise time that a major meeting was in progress and rendering the entire building unusable. Even if Sokolov survived, this is an embarrassment on the level of Prigozhin waltzing into Rostov-on-Don untouched and taking over the HQ of the Southern Military District without firing a shot. It certainly means that Ukraine's on-the-ground intelligence in Sevastopol and within the Russian Navy command structure is extremely good.

It's also a major embarrassment to the already tattered reputation for Russian military equipment. Sevastopol is protected by top-of-the-line systems operated by the best trained crews, because of the importance of protecting fleet operations. Sevastopol is their only ice-free port in the winter, so if they lose the Black Sea fleet, they're irretrievably finished as a global naval power. All those top-of-the-line systems in a multi-layered configuration were easily beaten by a small number of Western missiles and cheap decoys. There are a whole lot of countries realizing that their national security depends on billions of dollars of what is now worthless junk. Neighbors with Western equipment are licking their chops.

We should expect to see material degradation of capability in the Black Sea Fleet with the significant deaths and casualties among mid-to-senior officers, so even if Sokolov survived with injuries it was a remarkably effective strike.
RTH10260

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Gregg »

I wanna see more boats sank.

Nothing says "Russia losing a war" quite like headlines of "Russian ship sank" going all the way back to when the ships were made of wood.

Dave from down under

Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by Dave from down under »

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”