Rationing In Britain During WW2

John Thomas8

Rationing In Britain During WW2

Post by John Thomas8 »

Ian McCollum, an interesting YouTuber, did a week of eating foods available off a ration card issued in Britain during WW2.

There's 8 videos, hopefully this takes you to the whole list of 8 videos:

NMgirl

Re: Rationing In Britain During WW2

Post by NMgirl »

Thanks. I’m definitely going to watch. :thumbs:

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Wonderful! Sadly though, it reminds me how we've become a very selfish society here. With all the screeching "I'm not wearing a mask -tranny" idiots, I can't imagine what asking people to ration food products would be like.

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

The rush to Bournemouth a couple of weekends ago comes to mind. We seem to be regressing as a species at the moment.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:54 am
Wonderful! Sadly though, it reminds me how we've become a very selfish society here. With all the screeching "I'm not wearing a mask -tranny" idiots, I can't imagine what asking people to ration food products would be like.
It's not like people get to rationing their food usage. The government limits the purchase of scarce goods. Either you agree with the rationing system and buy one egg per week per person, or there will be no eggs to purchase anywhere. Remember: raising your hen in the backyard only works if you have green space to spare, produce you would normally use to raise chicken will neither be available, reserved for human consumption.

Return to “International Culture & Current Events”