Russia paying bounties on US deaths

Chilidog

Russia paying bounties on US deaths

Post by Chilidog »

American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

The United States concluded months ago that the Russian unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/p ... fe10ac5461

AndyinPA

Re: Russia paying bounties on US deaths

Post by AndyinPA »

When did twitler know?
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

AndyinPA wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:30 pm
When did twitler know?
Never. Not even now.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

AndyinPA wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:30 pm
When did twitler know?
March
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Chilidog wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:12 pm
American intelligence officials have concluded that a Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants for killing coalition forces in Afghanistan — including targeting American troops — amid the peace talks to end the long-running war there, according to officials briefed on the matter.

The United States concluded months ago that the Russian unit, which has been linked to assassination attempts and other covert operations in Europe intended to destabilize the West or take revenge on turncoats, had covertly offered rewards for successful attacks last year.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/p ... fe10ac5461
I wonder if the WH baby knows that the CIA did similar to get the USSR to leave Afghanistan. Their partner in crime at the time went by the name of Taliban. :violin:

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Virginia Senator Tim Kaine, who was Hillary Clinton’s running mate in 2016, said: “Trump was cozying up to Putin and inviting him to the G7 all while his administration reportedly knew Russia was trying to kill US troops in Afghanistan and derail peace talks with the Taliban.”
Michael McFaul, a former ambassador to Russia and a professor of political science at Stanford University, said: “I hope the American people will be as outraged as I am over Trump’s complacency. After he knew about these Putin-ordered contracts to kill US soldiers, Trump invited Putin to the G7.”
John Weaver, a Republican political consultant who helped found the anti-Trump Lincoln Project group, also expressed outrage.
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... rt-outrage

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@ProjectLincoln
Trump allowed Russia to put a bounty on US Soldiers and did nothing to stop it, didn’t retaliate.

Do our Senators denounce Trump’s actions and want to keep our troops alive?

Quote tweet this and tag your US Senators.
6:43 AM · Jun 27, 2020

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Josh Lederman
@JoshNBCNews
· 48m
JUST IN - @PressSec says neither Trump nor Pence were briefed on the "alleged Russian bounty intelligence" first reported by NYT
I do not believe that they weren't told. :nope:
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

much ado

Post by much ado »

Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:44 pm
Josh Lederman
@JoshNBCNews
· 48m
JUST IN - @PressSec says neither Trump nor Pence were briefed on the "alleged Russian bounty intelligence" first reported by NYT
They probably had their fingers in their ears.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Ana Cabrera
@AnaCabrera
·
14m
#BREAKING: A European intelligence official tells CNN that Russian intelligence officers for the military intelligence GRU had recently offered Taliban militants in Afghanistan money as rewards if they killed US or UK troops there.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

AuBricker

Post by AuBricker »

Kendra wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:46 pm
@ProjectLincoln
Do our Senators denounce Trump’s actions and want to keep our troops alive?.
6:43 AM · Jun 27, 2020
Not possible. The Senate lacks the resources to look into this. They spent all their money investigating Benghazi.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

This will have receipts for everyone it was reported to, all the way to the top.

PaulG

Post by PaulG »

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:20 am

I wonder if the WH baby knows that the CIA did similar to get the USSR to leave Afghanistan. Their partner in crime at the time went by the name of Taliban. :violin:
The Taliban weren't around then. The US was supporting the Mujahideen. Although you could say it was the inevitable outcome that refugees would end up in camps, and that their children would grow up angry. Anyway the children became the Taliban. So, yeah.

Mr Brolin

Post by Mr Brolin »

Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:44 pm
Josh Lederman
@JoshNBCNews
· 48m
The problem is as we know, the Great Sand Worm is only interested in briefings that are about him or support his puerile world view and can be no more than 4 slides in a PowerPoint deck in length and last for a max of 5 minutes.

it is alas entirely possible that on the triage process to get the absolutely most vital issues in front if him this got shit canned

Alas for Princess Petty.....as Prez he is still responsible even if he doesn't want to be....

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Interesting point just made on CNN. If it if it it's really true that Trump and Pence weren't briefed about this as AN is now claiming, then whoever should have briefed them should resign.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@realDonaldTrump
Nobody briefed or told me,
@VP
Pence, or Chief of Staff
@MarkMeadows
about the so-called attacks on our troops in Afghanistan by Russians, as reported through an “anonymous source” by the Fake News
@nytimes
. Everybody is denying it & there have not been many attacks on us.....

...Nobody’s been tougher on Russia than the Trump Administration. With Corrupt Joe Biden & Obama, Russia had a field day, taking over important parts of Ukraine - Where’s Hunter? Probably just another phony Times hit job, just like their failed Russia Hoax. Who is their “source”?

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Ohhh no. I’m sorry. The answer we were looking for was ‘One soldier lost is too many and I will find out what happened. Thank you to our intelligence agencies for protecting those who defend our freedom.’ You lose control of the presidency.”

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Turtle wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:59 pm
This will have receipts for everyone it was reported to, all the way to the top.
I have no doubt that it was briefed to Trump and the White House. But this was during the onset of the Covid-19 crisis.

Trump is a special needs president.

He can't handle sensory overload.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Maybe they should have had Vegas-style dancing showgirls wearing MAGA feathered headdresses kicking through the OO holding a banner with the headline.

Nah, that wouldn't have worked either. Maybe if they were dressed as hamburgers.
ImageImageImage x4

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:39 am
@realDonaldTrump
Nobody briefed or told me, @VP Pence, or Chief of Staff @MarkMeadows about the so-called attacks on our troops in Afghanistan by Russians, as reported through an “anonymous source” by the Fake News @nytimes
. Everybody is denying it & there have not been many attacks on us.....

...Nobody’s been tougher on Russia than the Trump Administration. With Corrupt Joe Biden & Obama, Russia had a field day, taking over important parts of Ukraine - Where’s Hunter? Probably just another phony Times hit job, just like their failed Russia Hoax. Who is their “source”?
"Nobody briefed or told me" --- dear Donald, they may have not told you verbally cause you have the attention span of a gnat, I guarantee you from my computer keyboard that is was mentioned in the briefing papers you never read yourself from first to last page. :notlistening:

"Everybody is denying it" --- of course, would you think they come on their knees and asking not to be fired?

"there have not been many attacks on us." --- each of them may have been initiated by a bounty hunter :brickwallsmall:

:crying: :brickwallsmall: "Nobody’s been tougher on Russia than the Trump Administration" --- Dear Donald, how many times did you dial Vladimir directly, how many of those calls have never been recorded in the diary, have no papertrail of contents discussed? How come you insist that Russia get accepted back into a G8? :doh:

:cantlook: "taking over important parts of Ukraine" --- Dear Donald, I don't remember a single attempt made by your mal-administration to getting those important parts returned ? Funny that you mention it, *important parts* :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

"Where’s Hunter? " --- Hunter who? Any relevant politician? Where are your relevant personalities? You only have Rudi Giuliani to show as credentials? :cantlook:

#MAGA :sarcasm:

Addie

Post by Addie »

Wow! That's great. I often click on The Lincoln Project thread expecting to see these ads. So thanks, dear Eurobot. :bighug:
RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:41 pm
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Addie

Post by Addie »

Business Insider: Former national security officials are questioning the White House's claim Trump never knew about a Russian bounty on US troops ...

The briefing is a daily summary of plots and emerging threats to US national security across the globe.

In a thread on Twitter, he (David Priess) laid out the various possibilities, noting the White House was not disputing the truth of the intelligence. He concluded that if the president was not made aware of it constituted a failing by the national intelligence community. If he had, it represented a grave failing by the president himself.

"Maybe the assessment was briefed only sub-POTUS because it was judged not to merit his attention. (This would be at odds with reporting just now by the same NYT trio—that it was, in fact, in the President's Daily Brief.) If so, shame on the system," he wrote.

"Maybe POTUS was, in fact, orally briefed on it—but White House officials have decided to lie about it, perhaps in a weak attempt to avoid the logical next question: Why hasn't the commander in chief responded to such a grave development? If so, shame on them. And on him."

Several Obama administration officials also expressed their alarm. ...

On Saturday, Trump's rival for the presidency, Democrat Joe Biden, accused Trump of betraying his duty as president.

"His entire presidency has been a gift to Putin, but this is beyond the pale," Biden said during a virtual town hall Saturday. "It's a betrayal of the most sacred duty we bear as a nation to protect and equip our troops when we send them into harm's way. It's a betrayal of every single American family with a loved one serving in Afghanistan or anywhere overseas."
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

GOP presidents not reading their PDB's. Well, that's never happened before.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

trump's Benghazi.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Return to “Military”