GET OUT THE VOTE 2020

Sterngard Friegen

GET OUT THE VOTE 2020

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

This will be an election like no other. Assuming the USPS still is in operation, voting by mail will be very important.

What states permit an absentee ballot or voting by mail without an "excuse"?
Alaska
Arizona
California
Colorado
District of Columbia
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Maine
Maryland
Michigan
Minnesota
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York (per Cuomo executive order)
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming

What states require an "excuse"?
Alabama
Arkansas
Connecticut
Delaware
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Mississippi
Missouri
New Hampshire
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
West Virginia

In other words, except for Connecticut, Delaware, New Hampshire and Massachusetts, the "usual suspects." And I believe those four states are changing their laws as I write this.

https://ballotpedia.org/Absentee_voting

Frater I*I

Re: GET OUT THE VOTE 2020

Post by Frater I*I »

The only "excuse" here in GA is that you have to be 65 or older [as per our recent primary ballot questionnaire], so people such as I 43 [chronic smoker, drinker, and a history of substance use] still have to hit the polls 03NOV20.

If I get this thing and it kills me because I have to vote in person, it'll be worth it if Der Furher is out of the White House.
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Texas allows all voters over 65 to vote by mail without any other excuse. Those that don't want to die for the economy might look to the Democrats this year. :pray:
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Volkonski wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:37 pm
Texas allows all voters over 65 to vote by mail without any other excuse. Those that don't want to die for the economy might look to the Democrats this year. :pray:
But for those of us who are younger you have to check another box. The information on the state website is far more restrictive than the actual, you know, ELECTION CODE. Ergo, one judge has already said requesting an absentee ballot if your health may be endangered by voting in person is kosher.

And it was recently affirmed by the 14th Court of Appeals (which is in Houston). But our criminal AG has threatened people who check that box will be criminally prosecuted for voter fraud! How he intends to police that, god knows. And I have no doubt he will try to get the troglodytes on the Texas Surpreme Court to support him.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Frater I*I wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:36 pm
If I get this thing and it kills me because I have to vote in person, it'll be worth it if Der Furher is out of the White House.
No. Verboten. Negatory. :fingerwag:

You and all other Fogbow members are :!: FORBIDDEN :!: from catching the virus and especially from dying, and that's my final ruling.

Vote, and then let's enjoy the aftermath to the best of our ability. :boxing:
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:41 pm
Frater I*I wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 3:36 pm
No. Verboten. Negatory. :fingerwag:

You and all other Fogbow members are :!: FORBIDDEN :!: from catching the virus and especially from dying, and that's my final ruling.

Vote, and then let's enjoy the aftermath to the best of our ability. :boxing:
By now, all of you Obots have received the inoculation kit.. it should have arrived with your April Soros check. It only takes a minute with the self-injecting syringe. Just follow the included pictorial instructions -- swab the injection site with the included iodine!
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

neonzx wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:02 pm

By now, all of you Obots have received the inoculation kit.. it should have arrived with your April Soros check. It only takes a minute with the self-injecting syringe. Just follow the included pictorial instructions -- swab the injection site with the included iodine!
Pictorial instructions? Who made these, IKEA?
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Addie

Post by Addie »

WaPo: Michelle Obama is stepping into the 2020 election with a program to boost voter turnout ...

As the 2020 presidential campaign heated up this year, and candidates crisscrossed the country in a pre-pandemic world of handshakes and rallies that seems almost unimaginable now, one question loomed: Where were the Obamas in all this?

On Thursday, Michelle Obama took her first concrete step toward being a factor in the 2020 election. Her nonpartisan voting initiative, When We All Vote, which she founded months before the 2018 midterms, announced a coalition of 31 mayors across the country who will be brainstorming and sharing lessons and practices about how to increase voter registration and civic engagement.

“This current crisis is a clear reminder of how critical it is to have competent leadership at all levels of government,” she said in a recent Zoom call with the U.S. Conference of Mayors, announcing the launch of the program, called Civic Cities. “Voting is bigger than any one party, any one issue, any one candidate, any one election,” she added. “The point is that no matter what party, what ideology, we want everyone to participate. We need your voices in this with us.” ...

“This pandemic will likely have a significant impact on the November election and on how voters across the country cast their ballots,” said Obama, who did not turn on her video on the Zoom call, but used a photo of herself in a purple suit as her avatar. “Already in state and local elections, we’ve seen voters forced to choose between protecting their health and making their voices heard. And that’s absolutely not acceptable.” The big thing to keep an eye on, she said, was ensuring that the health and economic crisis of the pandemic “doesn’t turn into a crisis of democracy, too.”
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

I got my primary ballot today! Woohoo!

:banana:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

I got my application to vote by mail. I think I'm going to show up in person instead. What with social distancing, there'll be a long line. Hopefully as long as the line was when Obama ran the first time :lovestruck: but it will probably move a lot faster because there won't be as many people in it.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Presidential Election”