D'Monterrio Gibson, a Black FedEx driver, shot at by white father/son duo

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

D'Monterrio Gibson, a Black FedEx driver, shot at by white father/son duo

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

X posting from Ahmaud Arbery thread. Sugar first posted about this.

https://www.mississippifreepress.org/20 ... eliveries/
Black FedEx Driver Says White Men Chased, Shot At Him During Deliveries

NEW: D'Monterrio Gibson, a Black FedEx driver, says he was delivering packages in Brookhaven, Mississippi, when a white man in a pickup truck tried to block him in and another allegedly began firing bullets into his delivery truck.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: D'Monterrio Gibson, a Black FedEx driver, shot at by white father/son duo

Post by bill_g »

Wonderful. Another father and son cosplaying as Batman and Robin - crime fighters. Thankfully the young man was uninjured.

What is baffling is why FedEx put the guy on the same route the following day forcing him to take unpaid leave.

And even more baffling is why they didn't immediately offer him paid leave to recover from such an incident. This does not qualify as an all-in-a-day's-work experience.

Further, why didn't they mark the rental truck with a magnetic sign announcing it is a FedEx vehicle? This has become a pet peeve of mine as the labor shortage has forced delivery services to use rental trucks and day laborers to preform deliveries. Sometimes these people are a bit sketchy looking. We're still on Covid lockdown, and all non-employees must ring the doorbell for entry. Rather than just pressing the door release to let them in, I meet them at the door, take their packages, and sign their tablet.
Azastan
Verified:

Re: D'Monterrio Gibson, a Black FedEx driver, shot at by white father/son duo

Post by Azastan »

bill_g wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:59 am

Further, why didn't they mark the rental truck with a magnetic sign announcing it is a FedEx vehicle? This has become a pet peeve of mine as the labor shortage has forced delivery services to use rental trucks and day laborers to preform deliveries. Sometimes these people are a bit sketchy looking. We're still on Covid lockdown, and all non-employees must ring the doorbell for entry. Rather than just pressing the door release to let them in, I meet them at the door, take their packages, and sign their tablet.
I foresaw this years ago when conservatives started yammering about privatizing the USPS. How many delivery vehicles do you want rolling up to your front door in a day? How many of them without any kind of signage to indicate what they are? How many drivers without any kind of uniform?

How do we know that they are actually delivery drivers, and not porch pirates?

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”