Lev and Igor

Slim Cognito

Re: Lev and Igor

Post by Slim Cognito »

Reality Check wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 am
I watched the Rachael Maddow's interview with Parnas. I thought she did a good job. ...
Gracias.
my electric typewriter is on the fritz so I fired up Windows 95 ImageImageImage x4

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Reality Check wrote:
I watched the Rachael Maddow's interview with Parnas. I thought she did a good job. I was disappointed she didn't mention more what he is charged with doing. I suppose it was a precondition of the getting the interview not to go there. I like the way she broke it up into short segments with her giving background information in between. Parnas reminded me of a mid level mob figure even including his malapropisms like you expect from a movie mobster. He worked for a criminal gang so it's no surprise he would come across that way.
Yeah, Igor only came up once, mentioned by Lev in passing. I, like Mr. V., was surprised at how well spoken he was. The only malapropisms I noticed were "WhatsUP" instead of "WhatsApp" and "Sonderland" becoming "Sutherland." (My mother was not a native English speaker and I always found her mistakes hilarious). Lev is certainly no angel, as his legal history shows. But these are the guys who the former USA for the SDNY to do his dirty business with.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Parnas' testimony implicating Barr, Pence and Trump personally was not supported by any documents and was somewhat weak and bereft of detail. Rudy Giuliani was his primary contact, so Giuliani would be the most important witness. Of course, Giuliani would have to be sober and telling the truth, so it is unlikely he would be of much help in sorting all of this out.

On the other hand, there's lots of direct evidence implicating Trump, so Parnas provides "color" but not much more.

John Bolton remains the most important witness after Trump himself. And after Parnas' testimony, it seems that Bolton was along on a trip or two to Ukraine, so he may have actually been involved despite the "drug deal." That being the case,. Bolton's testimony might blow up in the managers' faces. I wouldn't hold out much hope that Bolton is going to sink Trump.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

I’m just catching yo on this thread. I haven’t read all of these documents. Going back to the letter signed by Rudy, there are two sentences that make me think perhaps it wasn’t written by a native English speaker:

“Separate representation is usual process.”

“I have even had the privilege if being there most recently on 2017.”

I’m not saying he didn’t write it or didn’t sign it. It’s just strange is all.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
:snippity:

John Bolton remains the most important witness after Trump himself. And after Parnas' testimony, it seems that Bolton was along on a trip or two to Ukraine, so he may have actually been involved despite the "drug deal." That being the case,. Bolton's testimony might blow up in the managers' faces. I wouldn't hold out much hope that Bolton is going to sink Trump.
:thumbs:

Also, Mulvaney was on those calls as well as Bolton. Mulvaney is the one who withheld funding so I see him as equal if not more important than Bolton.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Anderson Cooper's interview is on tonight, his show is usually 5pm Pacific. CNN showing clips and more clips to get us all lathered up.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Parnas' testimony implicating Barr, Pence and Trump personally was not supported by any documents and was somewhat weak and bereft of detail. Rudy Giuliani was his primary contact, so Giuliani would be the most important witness. Of course, Giuliani would have to be sober and telling the truth, so it is unlikely he would be of much help in sorting all of this out.

On the other hand, there's lots of direct evidence implicating Trump, so Parnas provides "color" but not much more.

I agree. I have been warning that Bolton is an unknown quantity on this issue. Also, too, it drives me nuts when the "drug deal" phrase gets misapplied. I heard Chris Hayes do this last night. Fiona Hill's testimony was that Bolton said "I don't want to be part of whatever drug deal Mulvaney and Sondland are cooking up." By all accounts Bolton, although evil, is a shrewd operator. He tried to keep himself at arm's length from a lot of this. He sent his underlings to John Eisenberg in the WH counsel's office. You never put a witness on without knowing what they will say (and you have to have prior statements, testimony and documents). I would not be at all surprised if Bolton goes along with an assertion of executive privilege about his interactions with the Dotard. And that's the information that would ultimately be needed.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Maybenaut wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:28 am
I’m just catching yo on this thread. I haven’t read all of these documents. Going back to the letter signed by Rudy, there are two sentences that make me think perhaps it wasn’t written by a native English speaker:

“Separate representation is usual process.” Which is a LIE.

“I have even had the privilege if being there most recently on 2017.”Also a lie?

If you read through the voluminous texts of Rudy's, he makes these kind of grammatical mistakes frequently. I think a big part of that is that he (like Mr. Hyde) is drunk much of the time.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I've always been very curious about why Lev ditched Dowd for Bondy. Clearly Dowd is the "mob lawyer" who was going to keep these characters quiet and in line. But Lev changed lawyers very quickly. How are these lawyers being paid?

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Thanks, Filly! I’m not all that familiar with Rudy’s writing style. Unfortunately, duty calls so I haven’t had time to slog through the documents.

But It doesn’t surprise me that he is both sloppy and untruthful.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Maybenaut wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:04 am
Thanks, Filly! I’m not all that familiar with Rudy’s writing style. Unfortunately, duty calls so I haven’t had time to slog through the documents.

But It doesn’t surprise me that he is both sloppy and untruthful.
Yes, there's so much stuff to read! But Rudy's "mistakes" in his texts sort of jumped out at me. Mr. Former US Attorney for SDNY, "America's Mayor" :sick: , Bracewell & Guiliani, Giuliani Partners etc. People were apparently paying this guy ridiculous sums for his "expertise" but it was all about the influence and access. He obviously had minions who were doing all the work before, and now he's a crazy drunk old man on his own.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 pm
https:// mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/status/1217604212940394496
Eric Trump distances himself from Robert Hyde: “I have no idea who this guy is”
And a photo will turn up in 3.. 2... 1... ;)

Sterngard Friegen

RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:24 am
Kendra wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 pm
https:// mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/status/1217604212940394496
Eric Trump distances himself from Robert Hyde: “I have no idea who this guy is”
And a photo will turn up in 3.. 2... 1... ;)
https://www.indy100.com/article/eric-tr ... es-9285901

Addie

Post by Addie »

Seen on DU
Shimon Prokupecz ✔ @ShimonPro

FBI investigators went to the home and the business of Robert Hyde on Thursday. The agents were seen by CNN and confirmed by a law enforcement official. They were at the home early Thursday morning in Weatogue, CT before going to Hyde’s business in Avon, CT.

11:35 AM - Jan 16, 2020
Adding:
Law & Crime: ‘Not Just Insane, But Deeply Chilling’ Parnas Docs Spark Calls for Secretary Pompeo’s Resignation

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Just a bit more about that-
FBI investigators went to the home and business of Connecticut congressional candidate Robert Hyde, who has been caught up in the scandal about efforts to remove US Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch from Ukraine on Thursday.

The agents were seen by CNN and their presence was confirmed by a law enforcement official. They were at the home early Thursday morning in Weatogue, Connecticut, before going to Hyde's business in nearby Avon.

Hyde runs both his landscaping company and his campaign headquarters from the office. The investigators did not answer questions as to Hyde's whereabouts or why they wanted to speak with him. No other details were provided.

Text messages show Hyde was involved in efforts to surveil and remove Yovanovitch from her post in Kiev.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics ... index.html
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Trump surrounds himself with people who have defective memories. ;)
Joseph A. Bondy
@josephabondy
·
12h
Enjoyed watching
@KellyannePolls
on
@CNN
, arguing with
@ChrisCuomo
about
@realDonaldTrump
and repeatedly claiming she does not know Lev Parnas. #LevRemembers #LetLevSpeak

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

TexasFilly wrote:
Reality Check wrote:
I watched the Rachael Maddow's interview with Parnas. I thought she did a good job. I was disappointed she didn't mention more what he is charged with doing. I suppose it was a precondition of the getting the interview not to go there. I like the way she broke it up into short segments with her giving background information in between. Parnas reminded me of a mid level mob figure even including his malapropisms like you expect from a movie mobster. He worked for a criminal gang so it's no surprise he would come across that way.
Yeah, Igor only came up once, mentioned by Lev in passing. I, like Mr. V., was surprised at how well spoken he was. The only malapropisms I noticed were "WhatsUP" instead of "WhatsApp" and "Sonderland" becoming "Sutherland." (My mother was not a native English speaker and I always found her mistakes hilarious). Lev is certainly no angel, as his legal history shows. But these are the guys who the former USA for the SDNY to do his dirty business with.
I found the interview riveting. Parnas came off as speaking the truth as he saw it, especially when he echoed Sonderland's "everybody knew" explanation. His astonishment at seeing Nunez's aid, who was his contact, sitting behind Nunez at the impeachment hearing was a highlight. As was his description of the bar at the Dear Leader hotel as a "breeding ground" for low-lifes like Hyde. The crime boss's anteroom (my words).

He didn't pretend to have documentation of Barr's, Nunez's, Pompeo's or Dear Leader's complicity (but he sure has it on Rudy), rather he was at meeting with Rudy and others when phone calls were made to DL. He dealt with the two Fox News lawyers, and took it as a given that they were hand in glove with Barr. He didn't believe anything Hyde said or that Yovanovic was in any danger from him.

Maddow did not show all they had of the interview. Part two is tonight.

My take-away was that Parnas's information is explosive. Someone on Twitter summarized it as "Yes, everything you suspected is true." It fits in completely with the witnesses at the Impeachment Hearing, and gives background on some things that seemed odd. For example, there was a flurry of backs and forths right before Zelensky's inauguration (?) about the Biden investigation announcement, and the decision to pull Pence's participation was a direct reaction to Zelensky stalling on the request. He expresses a lot of assumptions, but they are the assumptions anyone makes when they are at work--that your boss's manager knows what your boss's project is and approves.

Another point Parnas made that was powerful to me was to ask rhetorically, "Why would I be dealing with the Ukrainians if not for 45? Why would they talk to me if they didn't know I was representing 45?" He says it better than that.

I recommend that anyone interested in history in our times watch the interview.

I am left with the vision of every criminal in the country being drawn to bars in Dear Leader hotels like iron filings to a magnet. Getting this huge glimpse inside the ground level of a massive criminal enterprise is extraordinary.

And the Republican Party en masse allows this to happen.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
Replying to
@KlasfeldReports
and
@thehill
The Hill had no specific comment on the encrypted messages from Lev Parnas appearing to send a draft of John Solomon's story to Yuriy Lutsenko, at least four days before publication.

The outlet sent editor-in-chief Bob Cusack's email to staff from Nov. 18, pictured below.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

The Hill’s “review” sure is taking a long time. They are handling this like weasels. They really should be ashamed of themselves.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

TexasFilly wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:56 am
Maybenaut wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:28 am

“Separate representation is usual process.” Which is a LIE.

“I have even had the privilege if being there most recently on 2017.”Also a lie?

If you read through the voluminous texts of Rudy's, he makes these kind of grammatical mistakes frequently. I think a big part of that is that he (like Mr. Hyde) is drunk much of the time.
I confess to being a terrible texter. The highlighted mistakes are ones I make often. I text "if" instead of "of" because the i and o are next to each other. I text "on" instead of "in" for the same reason. Autocorrect helps make those mistakes. Now that's on a tiny keyboard. I don't make those mistakes on a regular keyboard, but I've been typing and/or using a keyboard for most of my life. I suspect that's not true for Rudy.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Sterngard Friegen

I didn't see or hear anything we didn't already know, having been proven by other witnesses. It was just more confirmation.

Sondland was the most important witness and he is last decade's news.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

So the NYT and other outlets are reporting that the FBI has now paid a visit to looney Robert Hyde! SDNY has had these text messages since the fall! Does the FBI now only investigate potentially dangerous people if their texts are made public? WTF!!

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

This question will probably roll eyes but I'm running around like a madwoman today, preparing to fly from unseasonably warm SWFL into an ice storm in KC at the crack of dawn tomorrow so here goes:

I had just climbed back into my car so I missed the beginning. On MSNBC, somebody (Nicole Wallace?) laughingly referenced something I'm assuming Parnas said on the Maddow interview, something about "when is he not drunk?" Where they talking about Parnas, Hyde or Giuliani?
my electric typewriter is on the fritz so I fired up Windows 95 ImageImageImage x4

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:07 pm
This question will probably roll eyes but I'm running around like a madwoman today, preparing to fly from unseasonably warm SWFL into an ice storm in KC at the crack of dawn tomorrow so here goes:

I had just climbed back into my car so I missed the beginning. On MSNBC, somebody (Nicole Wallace?) laughingly referenced something I'm assuming Parnas said on the Maddow interview, something about "when is he not drunk?" Where they talking about Parnas, Hyde or Giuliani?
Hyde.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

TexasFilly wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:26 pm
So the NYT and other outlets are reporting that the FBI has now paid a visit to looney Robert Hyde! SDNY has had these text messages since the fall! Does the FBI now only investigate potentially dangerous people if their texts are made public? WTF!!
Bill Barr's Justice Department, ladies and gentlemen.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Return to “Trump Administration”