Donald: Impeachment Watch

Kendra

Re: Donald: Impeachment Watch

Post by Kendra » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:29 am

Perhaps Sondland is seeing the writing on the wall, especially after Trump tossed Rudy's two pals under the bus yesterday?

Me and a coworker were just now speculating. Sondland may be a forever Trumper, but he runs high end hotels and if I'm not mistaken, most of them are in Portland and Seattle in the areas where one doesn't normally see the MAGA crowds and their patronage. He might lose some business from the more democratic minded residents of those cities. Or attract protesters on the sidewalks outside.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:22 pm

GOPers seem pretty confident that Sondland will have Trump's back. I suspect he wouldn't be complying unless he was contriving it in such a way as to be at least perceived as helpful to the President.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:24 pm

If I were Sondland's lawyer's lawyer, I'd be lawyering up about right now.

jmj

Post by jmj » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:26 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:22 pm
GOPers seem pretty confident that Sondland will have Trump's back. I suspect he wouldn't be complying unless he was contriving it in such a way as to be at least perceived as helpful to the President.
My feeling as well. They probably see it as an opportunity to help change the narrative by testifying to a bunch of half-truths in support of Trump.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:31 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
The next paragraph reinforces that idea:
The Committees have also directed Ambassador Sondland to produce relevant documents. He respects the Committees' interest in reviewing all relavent materials; however, federal law and State Department regulations prohibit him from producing documents concerning his official responsibilities. Ambassador Sondland does not control the disposition of his documents...
He'll talk (truthfully or not), but his text messages and email are off limits.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:14 pm

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Kaitlan Collins
@kaitlancollins
·
44m
Yovanovitch opening remarks: "Our efforts were intended, & evidently succeeded, in thwarting corrupt interests in Ukraine, who fought back by selling baseless conspiracy theories to anyone who would listen. Sadly, someone was listening, and our nation is the worse off for that."
Julia Davis
@JuliaDavisNews
· 28m
Marie Yovanovitch:
"We also believe that... our gov't will have our backs and protect us if we come under attack from foreign interests. That basic understanding no longer holds true. Today, we see the State Dep't attacked and hollowed out from within."
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper ... pdf#page=1

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:22 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Just like John Dean did for Nixon....
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:27 pm

Gregg wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:22 pm
fierceredpanda wrote:
John Dean hadn't given millions of his own dollars to Richard Nixon.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:28 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:27 pm
Gregg wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:22 pm
fierceredpanda wrote:
John Dean hadn't given millions of his own dollars to Richard Nixon.
:yeah: I don't think it bodes well that he is going to testify.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:32 pm

More Potential Whistleblowers Are Contacting Congress

https://www.thedailybeast.com/more-pote ... itter_page
New potential whistleblowers are coming forward to the House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, two congressional sources tell The Daily Beast.

They seem to be emboldened by the actions of the whistleblower whose explosive account of President Donald Trump’s phone call to Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelensky about investigating Trump’s domestic political rivals ignited the impeachment inquiry. Another whistleblower is known to have come forward.

:snippity:

One knowledgeable source said that the daily accumulation of revelations about Trump’s willingness to use U.S. foreign relations for his personal political benefit has prompted more people to approach Congress. Two associates of Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani have been arrested and charged with campaign-finance violations arising from their Ukraine dirt-digging effort. The Financial Times reported that Trump China adviser Michael Pillsbury said he received “quite a bit of background” on Joe Biden’s son after Trump publicly called for China to aid his domestic political prospects. The Washington Post reported that Giuliani, a former federal prosecutor, and Trump attempted to quash a prosecution of a Turkish national—represented by Giuliani and important to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan—for violating Iran sanctions.

Investigators are using the soon-to-expire congressional recess to vet the accounts they’re getting.
:thumbs:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Subpoenas work.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 pm

If Nixon had this much evidence of obstruction and abuse of power and campaign finance violations against him out in the public record like this, there never would even have been hearings in the Senate. This is insane.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Oh, talking points.

Just got ahold of WH talking points on Yovanovitch that were sent to the Hill today. Key point they're raising is she is not represented by an administration lawyer and that Schiff is putting her in a "precarious position" by allowing her to appear without one

The full list:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:42 pm

So why didn’t they give her a lawyer?

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:55 pm

And what world do they live in? I mean, have they watched the news lately?

Don't bother, I know. Alt-Amerika.
ImageImageImage

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:57 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:42 pm
So why didn’t they give her a lawyer?
My guess is that she turned them down and brought her own lawyer.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

tek

Post by tek » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:30 pm

I get the feeling she knows exactly what she's doing and saying.

She's no Rudy, after all.
There's no way back
from there to here

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:04 pm

RVInit wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:20 am
Isn't Sondland a Trump humper who inserted himself into the Ukraine thingy where he had no business? Or am I confusing him with someone else. Is he ambassador to UN/EU or some such thing? If so, I wouldn't trust a damn thing he has to say, all he wants to do is get himself on TV saying Trump is being treated so badly.
He probably thought he would get a nice, quiet and cosy overseas posting for his yuuge donation to the inauguration. Now he will likely think about the repercussions his own hotels may face over these trumpian adventures. Also too it is likely that his European counterparts pointed out that he is in a hot seat.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:06 pm

Yeah, no. He didn't give fuckhead's campaign a million bucks for nothing.

I have no illusions about the ego size of these psychopathic "businessmen" fuckhead has been poisoning his administration with.

Also, what a idiot.
ImageImageImage

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:29 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:04 pm
RVInit wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:20 am
Isn't Sondland a Trump humper who inserted himself into the Ukraine thingy where he had no business? Or am I confusing him with someone else. Is he ambassador to UN/EU or some such thing? If so, I wouldn't trust a damn thing he has to say, all he wants to do is get himself on TV saying Trump is being treated so badly.
He probably thought he would get a nice, quiet and cosy overseas posting for his yuuge donation to the inauguration. Now he will likely think about the repercussions his own hotels may face over these trumpian adventures. Also too it is likely that his European counterparts pointed out that he is in a hot seat.

Its not unlikely he's going to end up in prison before its over.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:55 pm

It's getting good.

much ado

Post by much ado » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:55 pm

It's getting good.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

From the WaPo article:
Sondland plans to tell lawmakers he has no knowledge of whether the president was telling him the truth at that moment. “It’s only true that the president said it, not that it was the truth,” said the person familiar with Sondland’s planned testimony, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive diplomatic matters.
Well, if the president said it, then we KNOW it was a lie.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:05 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 pm
If Nixon had this much evidence of obstruction and abuse of power and campaign finance violations against him out in the public record like this, there never would even have been hearings in the Senate. This is insane.
Amen to that p0rtia! Incredible.

The Murdoch owned NY Post calls out the Murdoch owned Fox News :think: The alt right nutz have been on this for a few days now.
Fox News pollster Braun Research misrepresented impeachment poll: analysis
By Mary Kay Linge October 12, 2019 | 8:36pm

The New Jersey outfit behind a Fox News poll that claimed most Americans favor President Trump's impeachment appears to have come to a misleading conclusion, a Post review of the data shows. The poll released last week by Fox News that claimed most Americans favor the impeachment of President Trump underrepresented Republican and independent voters, The Post has found.

The poll said 51% of voters were in favor of Trump’s impeachment and removal from office, while 40% did not want him impeached.

Princeton, New Jersey, pollster Braun Research, which conducted the survey, noted 48% of its respondents were Democrats. But the actual breakdown of party-affiliation is 31% Democrat, 29% Republican and 38% independent, according to Gallup.

A poll weighted for party affiliation would have concluded that 44.9% favored impeachment and 44.4% opposed it, a Post analysis has concluded. The poll prompted Trump to tweet: “Whoever [Fox News’] Pollster is, they suck.” Braun could not be reached for comment.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/12/fox-news- ... -analysis/
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:28 pm

much ado wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:04 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:55 pm

It's getting good.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

From the WaPo article:
Sondland plans to tell lawmakers he has no knowledge of whether the president was telling him the truth at that moment. “It’s only true that the president said it, not that it was the truth,” said the person familiar with Sondland’s planned testimony, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive diplomatic matters.
Well, if the president said it, then we KNOW it was a lie.
Either Sondland doesn’t want to go to prison or he’s trying to ratfuck Congress.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Return to “Impeachment”