ICE Raids!

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

ICE Raids!

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Of course Joe Arpaio is all in:

POLICE: 16 Arrested in Phoenix ICE Protest — Cops Assaulted
BOB PRICE 13 Jul 2019

Police in Phoenix arrested 16 people during a protest against U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The protesters are charged with unlawful assembly and obstructing a public thoroughfare. Two people also face charges of aggravated assault on a police officer.
Protesters rallied in the street in front of the Phoenix ICE office about 8:30 p.m. The rally assembled on public streets and the light-rail tracks, AZCentral reported. Police officials declared the rally to be an unlawful assembly and ordered protesters out of the streets.

Many of those attending the rally remained on the sidewalk while others allegedly blocked traffic and shut down the light-rail system in the area.

Phoenix Police Sergeant Mercedes Fortune reported charges for unlawful assembly and obstruction a public thoroughfare were filed against the following: (List from AZCentral.com)

[[Of course, Breitbart prints the names of the people]]

Sgt. Fortune said Beskind and Williams also face charges of aggravated assault on a police officer after they allegedly attempted to prevent officers from arresting other suspects.

The local newspaper reported that more than 100 people took to the streets of Phoenix Friday night to protest the “planned roundup of undocumented migrants” by ICE officers. The targeted arrest of migrants with final orders of removal is rumored to begin on Sunday.

By 8:30 p.m., protesters began filling the streets and blocking traffic following a 90-minute rally at a local church. By 10:30 police moved in and threatened to arrest those who continue to obstruct the flow of traffic.
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/0 ... rt+News%29

Mr. Sandweg is absolutely right, why announce them? So RW sites can cover the protests and be victims. :madguy:

Former ICE chief says raids announced for political gain, endangering migrants, agents
"I think it's frankly inexcusable to promote this operation before it happens," said John Sandweg, former acting director of the agency.

July 13, 2019, 1:48 PM EDT By Steve Patterson and Dennis Romero

LOS ANGELES — Immigration raids scheduled to take place in at least nine U.S. cities Sunday could be mass, indiscriminate roundups that target entire families rather than those who pose a threat, says a former acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. John Sandweg, who worked for the Department of Homeland Security from 2009 to 2014, including a stint as acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, was critical of the Trump administration's continued broadcasting of Sunday's ICE enforcement action against an estimated 2,000 families with members said to be the subject of deportation orders.

Sandweg said in an interview Friday that the announcements were for political gain and could endanger law enforcement agents, cause felons to hide and discourage immigrants from reporting criminals. "We've never seen anything like this," he said. "I think it's frankly inexcusable to promote this operation before it happens. It just puts the officers in danger, and completely diminishes the effectiveness of the operation itself."

Sandweg said it becomes perilous for agents when subjects, particularly those with violent pasts, know when and where they will show up. "All you're doing is giving the alert to potential individuals who are going to be targets of this operation who may intend to hurt ICE agents," he said. The former ICE boss said those who know they are targets could end up fleeing and hiding out. In his time at the helm of ICE, Sandweg said, "Word would get out in the community that ICE was conducting a large-scale operation, and our effectiveness would diminish significantly.

"The targets would no longer be in the residence because they knew we were out there on the streets and knew to hide," he continued. "Unfortunately, I think what we're gonna find here is a lot of folks who pose no threat to public safety are gonna be apprehended by this operation."
Sandweg said he can only conclude that Trump, who first tweeted about "removing millions of illegal aliens" from the country on the eve of his re-election announcement, is using the raids to whip up voter support."I don't see any reason to publicize this operation but for political reasons," he said. "There is absolutely no operational reason, period, to publicize these raids."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fo ... s-n1029471

Duck Fonald and his sadistic team.
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Turtle

Re: ICE Raids!

Post by Turtle » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:18 pm

I hope the rest of the protests stay peaceful. What they want to do with these "raids" is arrest a handful of scary tatted guys for the TV and let the protests get ugly so they can point to the "violent radical leftists" and conflate them with anyone who speaks against their stunt.

I know after the Ferguson protests some of these organizers are showing people how to spot someone in the crowd trying to start shit. In Ferguson, all it took was someone throwing a water bottle at one of the police, then the police started launching smoke grenades and tear gas all over the streets.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Turtle wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:18 pm
I hope the rest of the protests stay peaceful. What they want to do with these "raids" is arrest a handful of scary tatted guys for the TV and let the protests get ugly so they can point to the "violent radical leftists" and conflate them with anyone who speaks against their stunt.

I know after the Ferguson protests some of these organizers are showing people how to spot someone in the crowd trying to start shit. In Ferguson, all it took was someone throwing a water bottle at one of the police, then the police started launching smoke grenades and tear gas all over the streets.
And that one guy was usually some middle aged white guy from RevCom hiding in the back of the crowd, who would throw the bottle and run like hell.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:48 pm

NPR: Trump's Nationwide Immigration Raids Fail to Materialize

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:27 am

What happened with all these stories about it being called off? The Cucch has been on TV a lot trumpeting this.
In the meantime, Borowitz:

SATIRE [for now]:
Trump Furious That Mar-a-Lago Is Left with No Employees After ICE Raid
By Andy Borowitz July 13, 2019

PALM BEACH, Florida (The Borowitz Report)—Donald Trump was reportedly “hopping mad” on Saturday after a surprise ice raid left his Mar-a-Lago retreat with no employees.

The ice agents conducting the pre-dawn raid swept through the opulent Palm Beach club and left guests with no one to prepare their food, wash their dishes, or clean their rooms.

When informed of the news, a furious Trump reportedly barked at his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and his sons Eric and Donald, Jr., ordering them to hurry to Palm Beach and wait on tables.

A spokesman for Mar-a-Lago called the situation “dire,” warning that the resort had lost almost as many staff members as the White House.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... r-ice-raid

:lol:
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:03 pm

:thumbs:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:24 pm

What can Steven Miller think of next to gin up the base, public executions of deportees who refused to leave?

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:24 pm
What can Steven Miller think of next to gin up the base, public executions of deportees who refused to leave?
I was thinking more of a Running Man style competition in the place of credible fear interviews.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
You omitted: Pacific Palisades native Stephen Miller :blink:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:07 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
I was thinking more of a Running Man style competition in the place of credible fear interviews.
:o
The film's story (1987 film), set in a dystopian United States between 2017 and 2019

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:29 pm

I have no idea what this is:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:29 pm

https:// twitter.com/atrupar/status/1150815985491959808
Aaron Rupar @atrupar
Trump claims, without evidence, that there were in fact "ICE raids" on Sunday and that "many many were taken out."

"You just didn't know about it," he tells reporters.

19:14 - 15 Jul 2019
Lies, and more lies. Nobody would have been "taken out", I assume he means out of the country. Any IC raids are about picking up folks that need to be evicted from the country, but they are put into detention centers until that processing goes ahead. THose evicted need first to have passports or travel papers and need to be accepted by the receiving country.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:29 pm
Neither does he.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:29 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:36 pm
Lies, and more lies. Nobody would have been "taken out", I assume he means out of the country.
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Trump believes ICE carried out executions of undocumented immigrants.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:49 pm

and that "many many were taken out.
► Show Spoiler
For all the brouhaha, the weekend seems to have been SOP for ICE enforcement.

As for as removal, I'm sure many many who were awaiting in detention were returned back to their home countries this weekend, but it wasn't any picked up over the weekend. (But that may be how he tries to justify his comment.)
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Return to “Current Events”