The Navy’s probe into sky penis

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:40 pm

“The Balls are Going to be Lopsided”: Hear rendition of Navy pilots' plan to draw sky penis

In 2017, a Navy flight crew roared into legend when they drew a giant phallus in the sky with the contrails of their jet, assuming it would quickly blow away. It did not. Now, Navy Times has obtained the transcript of the conversation that led to the 'sky dong.'

It prompted viral guffaws from some and online outrage from others.

There are shot glasses commemorating the event and it birthed memes ahead of the annual Army-Navy game.

But the inside story of how an EA-18G Growler jet crew drew a penis across the clear blue skies of Washington state in 2017 has never been told.

Until now.

It was the work of two junior officers with the “Zappers” of Electronic Attack Squadron 130, who had sky time to kill and noticed that the white contrails their jet produced were particularly robust that afternoon.

But they never counted on those contrails lingering long enough for folks on the ground to see their phallic rendering, according to a copy of the military’s sky penis investigation obtained exclusively by Navy Times.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... sky-penis/

neonzx

Re: The Navy’s probe into sky penis

Post by neonzx » Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 pm

I thought the stunt was harmless and amusing.
“Additionally, the absence of relevant, effective, professional training highlighted by the sophomoric sky drawing indicates a potential waste and misuse of government resources,” the investigator wrote.
They are junior officers. What would one expect from kids in their young 20s? The frontal lobes of our human brains do not grow to maturity until age ~25. The frontal lobes is that decision making part that stops you from being stupid because you think of the potential consequences. It's why 25 is the magic age for car insurance premiums to drop significantly.
We're not talking about middle aged adult males still behaving as sophomores and talking of grabbing women by the p*ssy.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 pm

I thought it was pretty much classic young military pilot behavior. And pretty much classic military overreaction to bad publicity.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

boots

Post by boots » Fri May 17, 2019 12:34 am

This is about people being drama freaks over nothing. It isn't in any way comparable to remarks made by the President about grabbing twats.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri May 17, 2019 2:57 am

That's going to be a great entry in someone's career summary:

"Headed the sky penis probe."

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Fri May 17, 2019 5:46 am

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Fri May 17, 2019 6:34 am

Mikedunford wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 pm
I thought it was pretty much classic young military pilot behavior. And pretty much classic military overreaction to bad publicity.
:yeah:

It was a harmless, albeit sophomoric, stunt that gave Mrs. FRP and I a good many laughs. I have no doubt that a lot of other people were similarly bemused and cheered up by these artistic heroes. The world is a depressing and brutal place sometimes.

We need more Skydongs in this world, not less.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri May 17, 2019 7:48 am

What discipline the Zapper 21 duo faced remains unknown.
Later it says they immediately fessed up and were remorseful. That shows character. Give them a gentle slap and tell them to sin no more.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Fri May 17, 2019 8:33 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:48 am
What discipline the Zapper 21 duo faced remains unknown.
Later it says they immediately fessed up and were remorseful. That shows character. Give them a gentle slap and tell them to sin no more.
Hear, hear.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

vic

Post by vic » Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Hidden Content

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sat May 18, 2019 11:04 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:33 am
[

Hear, hear.
Hidden Content
These days they would’ve treated it like the Lindbergh kidnapping. You’re not allowed to get in any trouble at all. Or your career is over.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat May 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:04 am
These days they would’ve treated it like the Lindbergh kidnapping. You’re not allowed to get in any trouble at all. Or your career is over.
Similar over the poind, where the master of the Brits' new aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth has just been sacked from that post for misuse of his official car; from the Daily Mail: 'It smacks of political correctness': Former military commanders blast Royal Navy's 'harsh' decision to sack father-of-three Big Lizzy skipper 'for using his official car at weekends'

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat May 18, 2019 1:30 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:07 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:04 am
Similar over the poind, where the master of the Brits' new aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth has just been sacked from that post for misuse of his official car; from the Daily Mail: 'It smacks of political correctness': Former military commanders blast Royal Navy's 'harsh' decision to sack father-of-three Big Lizzy skipper 'for using his official car at weekends'
There's an awful lot cited as "not known" in that story.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Fri May 24, 2019 11:16 am

Shocking audio of penisgate. Hadn’t seen it before.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Fri May 31, 2019 8:31 am

It happened again!
Fighter pilots draw penis in the sky. Air Force says it was an accident.
Zachary Cohen

This time, it was an accident.

At least, that's what Air Force officials said in an official statement Thursday after yet another drawing resembling male genitalia appeared in the sky, this time over Luke Air Force Base in Arizona.

During a training exercise on Tuesday, F-35 fighter jet pilots inadvertently created a condensed air trail in the shape of a penis -- images of which caused a stir on social media.

But unlike previous incidents involving the use of military aircraft to create phallic images, base officials insist that this suggestive depiction was an accident and the result of normal flight maneuvers as the fifth-generation jets engaged in a simulated dogfight.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Fri May 31, 2019 9:53 am

Navy Pilots wrote:Damn! Why didn’t we think of that?!

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Fri May 31, 2019 10:42 am

:rotflmao:

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Fri May 31, 2019 3:43 pm

Does anyone have a photo of the alleged, um, accidental phallic image?
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Fri May 31, 2019 4:31 pm

SLQ wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:43 pm
Click through to the Fox 5 News Story

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri May 31, 2019 5:29 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:31 pm
SLQ wrote:
That doesn't look like any I've ever seen.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri May 31, 2019 7:25 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:29 pm
That doesn't look like any I've ever seen.
They say no two people are alike.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Fri May 31, 2019 7:47 pm

Air Force Pilots wrote:It was an accident. We were trying to draw ovaries and a vagina.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri May 31, 2019 9:28 pm

“A mother who lives in Okanogan who took pictures of the drawings reached out to KREM 2 to complain about the images, saying she was upset she might have to explain to her young children what the drawings were,” the station reported.
This bothered me. She complained because of something she might have to do, not something she had had to do. I'll bet her young children never noticed. And if they asked, why couldn't she say, "What do you think they are?" Chances are they wouldn't come up with "penis" or "sky penis." So she got all hyper over hypotheticals and didn't have the imagination to deal with it like many parents would . . . IF it had come up. Which it probably didn't.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Fri May 31, 2019 9:49 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:31 pm
SLQ wrote:
Thanks. If they were trying for a sky penis, I'm unimpressed with their artistic skills. Perhaps they were going for impressionistic.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:50 am

What is this world coming to, when Air Force pilots can't even create an accidental penis properly? :o
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

Return to “Military”