Jacob Wohl

Grumpy Old Guy

Re: Jacob Wohl

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:18 pm

The comments on Will Sommer's thread are funny. The same goes for the Deadspin article and its comments.

@willsommer

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:19 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:33 pm
He's only 20 years old, hot, and with a vile Trumper Dad; he must be having a blast getting attention. Word to the press: Don't give him attention.
Whoa, Nellie, hold up. I’ll grant you the other things but ‘hot’??
Not.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:37 pm

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:18 pm
The comments on Will Sommer's thread are funny. The same goes for the Deadspin article and its comments.

@willsommer
That was a fine trip through the comments. I also learned that you are not supposed to button a jacket when there's no tie.

Snark and fashion tips. I'm a better man for reading the comments.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 pm

kate520 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:19 pm
Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:33 pm
He's only 20 years old, hot, and with a vile Trumper Dad; he must be having a blast getting attention. Word to the press: Don't give him attention.
Whoa, Nellie, hold up. I’ll grant you the other things but ‘hot’??
Not.
Yeah, first time I saw a picture of him I thought to myself, self, I thought, little fucker is almost cute. Almost. Maybe if he were nicer and not a moron...
Image Image Image Image Image

Whip

Post by Whip » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:01 pm

he's what's known as a dweeb.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 pm

Whip wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:01 pm
No. He's not. There are dweebs out there who are kind and cute -in a dweeby way- and absolutely worth knowing.

Wohl is none of those things.

He's what's known as un-fuckable. At some point, in few more years, when he's most of the way through puberty, he'll grow a big bushy incel beard and assume his ultimate form.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:13 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 pm
Whip wrote:
No. He's not. There are dweebs out there who are kind and cute -in a dweeby way- and absolutely worth knowing.

He's what's known as un-fuckable. At some point, in few more years, when he's most of the way through puberty, he'll grow a big bushy incel beard and assume his ultimate form.
:rotflmao:

I mean, you're not wrong, Estiveo. But I can't help but feel someone here is going to take offense to that. Not I, however.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Estiveo wrote:
:snippity:

Will the maggot enter the nearest Ecuadorian embassy and pupate there for several years before emerging into the daylight in his final form?

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 pm

I saw photos of some of the other men Jim Hoft hired. He really REALLY likes a certain "type." They could be clones.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Wohl's biggest problem is that in any relationship he might have his ego would be the intrusive unwelcome third party. He is definitely his father's son.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:36 am

Suranis wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 pm
I saw photos of some of the other men boys Jim Hoft hired. He really REALLY likes a certain "type." They could be clones.
I think the word you are grasping for is "twink" ...
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:24 am

Estiveo wrote:

I wish that were true, but you know he's got his groupies, same as Ammo, Manson, and other losers have theirs.
Off Topic
Oh, god. That just got me thinking about writing some Malheur slash. Imagine the possible pairings. :sick:
I've heard this bull before.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 am

Well, yeah, everybody has a type, and I'm sure someone must like Wohl's type.
Screenshot_20190417_045328.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 am

neonzx wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:36 am
Suranis wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 pm
I saw photos of some of the other men boys Jim Hoft hired. He really REALLY likes a certain "type." They could be clones.
I think the word you are grasping for is "twink" ...
Okay, the "unfuckable" remark from Estiveo was funny, but this is starting to edge uncomfortably towards "homophobic slur" territory.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:36 am

As Neon and I both know, twink is not a homophobic slur. Its a type, like a bear, or an otter or a nelly. Perfectly acceptable.

Please dont straightsplain to us queers.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 am

Estiveo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:36 am
As Neon and I both know, twink is not a homophobic slur. Its a type, like a bear, or an otter or a nelly. Perfectly acceptable.

Please dont straightsplain to us queers.
:thumbs:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 am

I'll rephrase, because I know what a twink is. Is Jacob Wohl gay? If not, how is calling him a twink any different from calling him a "fag" or a "queer?" You're making remarks equating his appearance with his being gay. If finding that objectionable is straightsplaining, then I really don't see on what grounds you can object to someone saying, for example, that something they do not like is "totally gay."

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 am

Wohls secuality is undetermined. His type, especially as it relates to Jim Hoft which is the context in which Suranis and Neon were discussing, is a twink.

Between your ridiculous quacking about the Catholic church while Notre Dame burned, and your new, self imposed role as defender of my sexuality, I'd like to offer you some advice Estiveo's Mom used to roll out in these situations: "Now would be a perfect opportunity for you to shut up."

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:38 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 am
I'll rephrase, because I know what a twink is. Is Jacob Wohl gay? If not, how is calling him a twink any different from calling him a "fag" or a "queer?" You're making remarks equating his appearance with his being gay. If finding that objectionable is straightsplaining, then I really don't see on what grounds you can object to someone saying, for example, that something they do not like is "totally gay."
They aren't saying Wohl is gay, they're referring to the "type" Jim Hoft likes.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:13 am

Estiveo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 am
Wohls secuality is undetermined. His type, especially as it relates to Jim Hoft which is the context in which Suranis and Neon were discussing, is a twink.

Between your ridiculous quacking about the Catholic church while Notre Dame burned, and your new, self imposed role as defender of my sexuality, I'd like to offer you some advice Estiveo's Mom used to roll out in these situations: "Now would be a perfect opportunity for you to shut up."
:blink:

Go back and read my last post. I asked questions, and made no attempt to defend your sexuality. I asked why language being used in one context would be considered acceptable, but not in another. And I made every attempt to ask in a respectful way, soliciting an explanation. I'm not conversant on Jim Hoft, and when I saw a picture of a guy in dungeon gear, I drew an (incorrect) conclusion. Your response was to tell me to shut up.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:14 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:38 am
fierceredpanda wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:26 am
They aren't saying Wohl is gay, they're referring to the "type" Jim Hoft likes.
Yes, I understand that now. I was laboring under a misapprehension and retract my errant attempt to moderate the dialogue.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:20 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:13 pm
Estiveo wrote:
Whip wrote:

I mean, you're not wrong, Estiveo. But I can't help but feel someone here is going to take offense to that. Not I, however.

It *is* really funny. And scarily prescient.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm

I had to look up 'twink' in the Urban Dictionary. I am amused, especially since I was just writing about Twitter and the word 'bimbo'.
An attractive, boyish-looking, young gay man. The stereotypical twink is 18-22, slender with little or no body hair, often blonde, dresses in club wear even at 10:00 AM, and is not particularly intelligent. A twink is the gay answer to the blonde bimbo cheerleader.

There are two major theories about the origin of this word, both of which probably have elements of truth to them.

a) Twink comes from an acronym T.W.I.N.K. "Teenage, White, Into No Kink."

b) Twink is a shortening of the name for the famous "TWINKIE" snack cake: a tasty, cream-filled snack with no nutritional value. The phallic shape of the "TWINKIE" snack cake should not escape the reader's attention.
Learn something every dang day around this joint. :thumbs:

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:45 pm

So, basically, what we used to call a "Himbo" when I was younger.

There is an actress over here in Ireland that called herself "Twink" for a long time as her stage name. I think it came from "Twinkle." As in like a Star.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Foggy wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm
b) Twink is a shortening of the name for the famous "TWINKIE" snack cake: a tasty, cream-filled snack with no nutritional value.
:cantlook: I'll never look at those snack cakes the same way again.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”