Cats!

Atticus Finch

Re: Cats!

Post by Atticus Finch »

My cat loves to drink water from the bathroom faucet .She will sit n the sink until I turn on the faucet. I need to train her to turn off faucet when she is done
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Her Infernal Majesty generally doesn't care for canned fud unless there's gravy. She will lap up the gravy & leave the meat. So I tried an assortment of those pouches of mostly gravy or all puree, and she really likes those. Luckily, she prefers her kibble over all else, but once or twice a week now, she'll follow me around meowing obnoxiously to let me know that it's time for gravy NOW! And, of course, I comply, because who could resist this face?
Estiveoshot_20211028_065825.jpg
Oy, such a punim!
Image Image Image Image
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

baby steps...

tencats

Post by tencats »

northland10 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:18 pm
\The Jewel-Osco website did not mention anything when I added various Fancy Feasts products to my cart for the store nearby me but that does not mean they have it. I guess I should have read this before I went shopping there earlier tonight and checked to see if it was at the store.
Got some FF Medleys tuna from Jewel-Osco yesterday that I haven't been able to find elsewhere for weeks. They had 12 only. Jewel-Osco had a bit more variety of FF then what I'm seeing elsewhere, more then other stores like my closest Mariano's. Most important for my old cats is Gerber Purees Turkey and Ham that are just gone last few months. Pet Supplies Plus has had problems restocking many of the Purina cat formulas continuing from last year.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Her Infernal Majesty has jewels for eyes!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:09 pm You do know that cats will eat anything you put down for them if you just outwait them, right?
At any given time, there are multiple plates of food down. My son opens another can every time the other two look at him sideways.

I'm not worried about Odie starving, it's the nose out of joint if she doesn't get that particular food twice per day that is the problem. Her nose still isn't straightened out after the last few foster kittens I had. She won't sit in my lap anymore, doesn't play fetch anymore...
Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:44 pm Sequoia, have you tried Royal Canin Mother and Babycat? For nursing moms and weaning kittens, my foster-fails continued to love it… until their first bite of FF. It’s a bit pricey but worth it until that ship comes in.
Yes, that is what I wean fosters on, too. It was getting hard to find when I last had fosters. Odie doesn't want it. They ALL are pigging out on the RC M/B dry that I have left, though.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tulip is so funny when it comes to food. She was overweight when I got her and would only eat dry food. I had to wean her onto wet food to help her lose weight. So, of course, her favorite is the Fancy Feast Chicken pate. Like the rest of you, I am having problems finding it. I order from Chewys or get from Publix or sometimes I have to break down and get it from Walmart. She will go from preferring the chicken pate to ignoring that and then I have to switch to the whitefish and tuna mix or the cod, sole, and shrimp. Whichever one I manage to get from Chewys it's just about guaranteed that its time for her to snub her nose at that one and want one of the others. I find out which one she wants by listening to her yelp after I put the wrong one in the bowl. :eek: So, now I buy a case of each one (if I can get them) and then I feed one for a few days, switch to another for a couple days, and then to another for a couple days. That seems to work well. In between I will give her one or two days of the kind that has gravy. Switching every couple/three days seems to do the trick. I was able to get chicken pate from Purina One brand and she tolerates that as a replacement pretty well.

She's trying to train me good, but you know, human and all that.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Dean and Nala are in Hungary. I love these videos, he's such a great guy and Nala is so lucky that she happened upon him and now she's traveling the world and loved by many. As she should be.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

The cat gets Dean quite the many connections. Like the guy in this clip offering his garden near the Danube as camping grounds and they have a late night chat together. Or as in a recent episode where a subscriber recognized where he went to camp overnight next to a industrial zone and the highway. She greeted him in the morning with a flask of hot coffee! And in the same episode another subscriper recognized where he was cycling and intercepted him from the highway to greet him and hand over a can of beer. Social interactions only made possible by the internet. :thumbsup:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

There’s plenty of canned cat food out here, but kitten food is hard to find. I went to three stores today looking for it with no luck. My husband took his truck to another town to get inspected and I was like, while you’re there, check the Walmart for kitten food. Score! They had two 12-can boxes of fancy feast kitten food (he said they were stashed behind some other stuff).

We give Stormy a little each of canned and dry. She’ll eat the canned right away, and graze on the dry. She’ll keep coming back to it, eating a little bit at a time til it’s gone.

We once had a cat who would never, ever, EVER eat the last piece of kibble in his bowl.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Pickle, the problem child...
Pickle....jpg
Pickle....jpg (64.4 KiB) Viewed 887 times
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I like Pickle. :lovestruck:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer

Owl Kitty :lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

;)
Attachments
48D98A57-77A4-4C7A-AAA1-82A7F0B3DD8C.jpeg
48D98A57-77A4-4C7A-AAA1-82A7F0B3DD8C.jpeg (104.88 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

FDKEOUAaQAAkfpc.jpeg
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer

So, the woman cuts her dress. About time SOMEONE recognized the importance of not disturbing a sleeping cat! :biggrin:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Submission to the slave owner ;)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol: I completely submit to my master. Sometimes if you see me post entirely in lower case letters it's because Tulip is laying across my arm and I have only one hand available. I figure people can still understand the post even without the first letter of the sentence capitalized. That is a much better choice than disturbing Tulip, for sure. So, now you know my secret of the weird lack of capitalization that happens every now and then. :lol:

Her favorite position: I lay down and create a space between my left arm and the left side of my torso. She snuggles into that space and lays her front paws and head across my arm. I'm only doing it right if I create a very small space so she is tucked in nice and tight. If I do it wrong, she tells me all about it. Until I finally correct myself and do it right.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer

So THAT explains e.e. cummings!

From RVInit:
Sometimes if you see me post entirely in lower case letters it's because Tulip is laying across my arm and I have only one hand available.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:22 pm So THAT explains e.e. cummings!

From RVInit:
Sometimes if you see me post entirely in lower case letters it's because Tulip is laying across my arm and I have only one hand available.
Yes! I never saw the connection before, but clearly, e.e. cummings was Tulip's first owner! Or, Tulip is not an entirely unusual cat. :think:
--Colin Kaepernick
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Mustache Sally.jpg
Mustache Sally.jpg (72.38 KiB) Viewed 594 times
My daughter picked up a new rescue kitty today. They're calling her Mustache Sally. :lol:
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Should've been Dolly (Dali) -

Return to “General Stuff”