Matthew Whitaker

Gregg

Matthew Whitaker

Post by Gregg » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:10 am

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this yokel yet. But have you looked at this guy, he might have had a future as a co-host on InforWars if Trump hadn't made him Acting AG.

He thinks a lot of Supreme Court cases are wrong. A lot of cases most people have no problem with. Like, phuck, Marbury v. Madison and other controversial cases.

He was on the board on one of those companies that will take your $4,999 and file a patent pending application, and then promise to market your invention to industry...which they really don't bother with. The FTC just ordered the company to repay $26 million and then cease operations. They forfeited much less (I've seen anywhere from $2 million to $6 million) and then I dunno. But that money went SOMEWHERE you think?

He thinks Judges should have to have a biblical view of law to be qualified, and not that old Jewish Biblical view from the Old Testament, but a New Testament Legal View because, no Jews!
The Acting Attorney General of the United States wrote: “And what I know is as long as they have that worldview, that they’ll be a good judge. And if they have a secular worldview, then I’m going to be very concerned about how they judge.”

FFS, the guy wanting to hide Mueller in the basement duct taped to a chair in the closet is the least of things that worry me about him.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Orlylicious

Re: Matthew Whitaker

Post by Orlylicious » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:20 am

As a piece of :puker: Trumper, he's right up there with Carl Higbe (who got a $15K Trump2020 consulting contract).

Will this idiot even make it through the weekend? Incredible they still aren't vetting people, what a mess over there.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:54 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:20 am
As a piece of :puker: Trumper, he's right up there with Carl Higbe (who got a $15K Trump2020 consulting contract).

Will this idiot even make it through the weekend? Incredible they still aren't vetting people, what a mess over there.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/politics ... index.html
It was not widely known among White House staff that he'd commented repeatedly on the special counsel's investigation in interviews and on television...

Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:03 am

NMgirl wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:54 am
Orlylicious wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:20 am

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/08/politics ... index.html
It was not widely known among White House staff that he'd commented repeatedly on the special counsel's investigation in interviews and on television...
The staff might not have known it, but Trump I'm sure was aware of it, and Whitaker probably considered it his job interview.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:46 am

I heard it reported yesterday that as Sessions’ COS he would accompany ElfJeff to meetings with Trump. He would sit to the side and behind Jeff, out of Jeff’s line of sight

Invariably Trump would bring up Witch Hunt, Hillary was the colluder, etc. And Matt would quietly nod in agreement with Trump.

That was the sum total of his vetting.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:04 am

Gregg wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:03 am
The staff might not have known it, but Trump I'm sure was aware of it, and Whitaker probably considered it his job interview.
The Daily Show played a clip from CNN, in which a guest conveyed that Whitaker had told him (in CNN's green room) that Whitaker bragged that his repeated CNN appearances were an attempt to get noticed for a federal judgeship.

Dude was aiming too low, it turns out.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:29 am

bob wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:04 am
Gregg wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:03 am
The Daily Show played a clip from CNN, in which a guest conveyed that Whitaker had told him (in CNN's green room) that Whitaker bragged that his repeated CNN appearances were an attempt to get noticed for a federal judgeship.

Dude was aiming too low, it turns out.
Low?

I dunno. I’d rather get a lifetime judge gig than a temporary (max 8 years) cabinet post.

Judges rarely get hauled before Congressional committees to explain stuffs.

Mr Pfister

Post by Mr Pfister » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:46 am

GreatGrey wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:29 am
Judges rarely get hauled before Congressional committees to explain stuffs.
And even when they do ....

Mr Pfister

Post by Mr Pfister » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:50 am

I'll tell you what I found disturbing about this. Looking at the "wiki" for "World Patent Marketing" - that scam outfit he is involved in - one sees the following:

"Members of the advisory board included the 2018 acting United States Attorney General Matthew Whitaker, Republican Congressman Brian Mast, the scientist Ronald Mallett[3] and Omar Rivero, founder of Occupy Democrats.[4]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Patent_Marketing

I took special note of the last person named in that list.

Doesn't it smell odd that one of the apparent founders of "Occupy Democrats" was rubbin' elbows with this particular crowd in this particular way?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 am

Whitaker "has frequently visited the Oval Office and is said to have an easy chemistry with Mr. Trump."
COS John Kelly "has privately described Whitaker as the West Wing’s 'eyes and ears'" in DOJ.
https://nyti.ms/2AVC1M3

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:52 pm

I know him
I don’t know him

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Today, Trump said: "I don't know Matt Whitaker."

In a Fox and Friends interview a month ago, Trump said: "I know Matt Whitaker."

(Via @JustinFishelABC)

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:26 pm

He really needs a white long-haired cat to carry around to get the complete look.

Pictures in spoiler for bandwidth.
► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Terror must be maintained or the Empire is doomed."

-Evil Spock

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:18 pm

Now it turns out that the Miami office of the F.B.I. is conducting a criminal investigation of World Patent Marketing. This would be the same F.B.I. that Whitaker oversees in his new job.

So, how does that work, if they refer an indictment against him, can he get away with stopping it?

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Seims like he is a fan of drunk Karl and Bundy Konstitooshinal stuff too.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:35 pm

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:09 am

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:58 am

NYT reports that in July 2017, after Trump watched his TV appearances, Matthew Whitaker was interviewed by Don McGahn about joining Trump's legal team as an 'attack dog.'

At that point, the White House passed.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:39 am

Matthew G. Whitaker is a highly respected former U.S. Attorney from Iowa. He was chosen by Jeff Sessions to be his Chief of Staff. I did not know Mr. Whitaker. Likewise, as Chief, I did not know Mr. Whitaker except primarily as he traveled with A.G. Sessions. No social contact...
:liar: :liar:
....Mr. Whitaker is very highly thought of by @SenJoniErnst, Senator @ChuckGrassley, Ambassador @TerryBranstad, Leonard Leo of Federalist Society, and many more. I feel certain he will make an outstanding Acting Attorney General!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:12 am

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 am

Whitaker is a Thug:
https://patentlyo.com/patent/2018/11/wh ... eting.html
As a former Federal Prosecutor, Whitaker’s place on the Board lent the company a high level of credibility. For lending his name, Whitaker was paid only about $600 per month. At the time, Whitaker was also managing director of his own small Iowa law firm and penned at least one letter toward a complaining customer:
Whitaker was not prosecuted by the FTC and was not named in either the preliminary injunction or the consent decree. Unlike other board members, Whitaker has not returned the cash he received in the scheme and has made no public statement regarding his role or the scam. My hope is that the AG will have learned from this experience, however his ongoing silence on the issue is troubling.
.png of threatening email embedded at the link

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dianahembr ... 02c8021afa
“Do not email me with your scare tactics,” the customer known as “A. Rudsky” wrote back. Claiming that he, too, was an attorney, he added: “Stop with your bullshit emails...You are party to a scam...You will be exposed. I hope I make myself clear, Mr. Whitaker.”
It gets more thuggy:
In a preliminary injunction against the company in August 2017, United States District Judge Darrin P. Gayles of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida noted that Cooper, WPM’s head of security, and WPM’s lawyers had sought to intimidate customers who tried to exercise their right to complain of unfair treatment and force them to retract their statements. One female customer, the judge wrote, was threatened with criminal prosecution and prison:

“After months of trying to receive a refund or services, she filed a complaint with the BBB. She received a letter from a second lawyer who told her that seeking a refund constitutes extortion under Florida law and, “since you used email to make your threats, you would be subject to a federal extortion charge, which carries a term of imprisonment of up to two years and potential criminal fines. See 18 U.S.C. § 875(d).”

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:19 pm

City of San Francisco threatens court action over Trump’s acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker
Reuters
12 NOV 2018 AT 13:42 ET

San Francisco’s city attorney on Monday questioned the recent appointment of a new acting attorney general, saying in a letter to the U.S. Department of Justice that his office may take court action if the DOJ does not provide a legal justification for the designation.

President Donald Trump last week named Matthew Whitaker to replace former Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who was forced out after months of attacks by Trump for recusing himself from an ongoing probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

The move made Whitaker supervisor of the investigation, which has hung over Trump’s presidency. Whitaker has criticized the probe in the past as too wide-ranging, which has raised concerns among Democrats that Sessions’ ouster and Whitaker’s appointment might be precursors to Trump moving to end it.

In the letter on Monday, San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera said the city currently has four cases proceeding in court that name Sessions as a defendant. One of those cases led to an injunction blocking a Trump executive order over sanctuary cities.

Given that the Sessions resignation impacts those cases, Herrera said DOJ should provide legal justification for the Whitaker appointment. Otherwise, the city “may be forced” ask a judge for it, the letter said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/city-s ... -whitaker/

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Matt Whitaker Has a Japanese Proverb Tattoo on His Arm, John Oliver Doesn't Get It
John Oliver expressed bafflement at Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker’s tattoo in a segment on Last Week Tonight.

Oliver was discussing pictures Whitaker posted on social media showing himself lifting weights—with one showing a tattoo in Japanese on Whitaker’s left bicep reading “Fall down 7 times get up 8.”

“Look, I hate to criticize a Japanese proverb, but how can you get up eight times when you’ve only fallen down seven times?” the host quipped. “If you fall down seven times you need to get up seven times.”
:-D

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:08 am

Whitaker consulting ‘ethics officials’ on possible recusal from Mueller probe
By BRENT D. GRIFFITHS and QUINT FORGEY 11/12/2018 09:32 PM EST

Attorney General Matthew Whitaker is consulting with ethics officials regarding possible recusal from overseeing the special counsel’s Russia investigation, the Justice Department said on Monday.

“Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker is fully committed to following all appropriate processes and procedures at the Department of Justice, including consulting with senior ethics officials on his oversight responsibilities and matters that may warrant recusal,” Kerri Kupec, a department spokeswoman, said in a statement on Monday night.

Whitaker has been overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation since last Wednesday, when Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ resignation triggered a set of events that left Whitaker, Sessions’ chief of staff, in charge of the inquiry instead of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/ ... ion-985257

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:22 am

Schiff: "Should Whitaker fail to recuse himself ... and seek to obstruct the investigation, serve as a back channel to the president or his legal team or interfere in the investigations in any way, he will be called to answer. His actions will be exposed."

Return to “Trump Administration”