Happy Christmas 2021

MsDaisy
Verified:

Happy Christmas 2021

Post by MsDaisy »

Happy Holidays to all! Here's hoping things will all be at least close to normal by next Christmas... We quit doing Christmas trees when the Norfolk Pine came to live here and took over the corner of my kitchen so now we just decorate that every year with little fairy lights. :lol:
► Show Spoiler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Happy Christmas 2021

Post by bill_g »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I love the topper! It's perfect for that tree. :thumbs-up:

My granddaughter and I did a striped tree this year. From the bottom up--gold, green, red, purple, blue, silver, white.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Love your Xmas tree. I was given a Norfolk Pine when Firstborn Son was two years old. I tearfully gave it away to a loving home 18 years later when we moved to our current home. :crying:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
filly

Post by filly »

That's awesome! I am giving my family heirloom ornaments to my son and DIL when they come for Christmas. We don't put up a tree anymore so all of that stuff is just taking up a lot of storage space. Gone!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Happy Holiday of your choice, except Kwanzaa.

It's been a rough year for me, since the disaster struck Fogbow 1.0. :(

Good things are all around me, though, and I lost 30 lbs. this year. :biggrin:

To everyone who has given financial support using the Donate button up top, thank you so very much, I don't pester y'all much like GIL or Wonkette or some sites do, but I appreciate every donation as much as any one a them ne'er-do-wells. 8-)
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Despite the increase of Covid transmission we are still going to Colorado for Christmas. All of us who will be together for Christmas have had booster shots. We will wear masks outside of the house.

Best wishes for happy holidays to all Fogbowers! :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Love the little donkey, bill. He looks …hungry.

Brain fog is gonna mess up my Christmas. I haven’t done any shopping. I can’t even think about gifts right now, literally. My thoughts float off into the ether before I can grab the gist.

Happy Holidays to my Fogbow Family. I guess I get to do another orbit after all. 🤗

Please stay safe. :bighug:
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Lani

Post by Lani »

Doing nothing for Christmas. Well, there will be a zoom office luncheon and a gift exchange - basically everyone is giving and receiving a gift card. I was going to take vacation between Christmas & NYD, but now I'm swamped with work. :(

Son & I aren't exchanging gifts since we're condo hunting and the last thing we need is more stuff to move. Well, I did send him a water filtration kit with a water quality meter. I knew he wanted one, given the water problems on Oahu.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Me & my bros decided we didn't want to deal with Christmas, so tomorrow we're getting together for PIZZA CHRISTMAS! at Jake's of Saratoga. I think it'll probably become a new tradition.
Image Image Image Image
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

We cancelled our family Xmas get together today cuz reasons I posted in the Coronavirus Personal (or whatever it is called) thread. We were gonna host but that isn't gonna happen now. Whatever.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hubby and I will spend Xmas with his mother in south Arkansas with our granddoggies Beowolf(The Kid decided upon this spelling), Eve (found on New Year's Eve) and Littles (Vlad is his official name, but he was a small puppy in a house with bigger dogs). In attendance will be our own doggies, Mickey and Pancake. Fear not about overcrowding, the house is 5,000 square feet.

We will have the traditional Hubby's famous homemade Chex Mix and your favorite drink. I will drink egg nog first then gradually work my way through some champagne. (This menu was decided upon over 25 years ago with our boys. They wanted to play with their toys and not have to sit down for a big meal. Voila!)

Thanksgiving is our big holiday.

Merry Kwanzukkah to all!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, the most enjoyable part of our Xmas is, two days after we clamber into the jalopy and go visit my dad for four days.
:cheer2:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
filly

Post by filly »

Lani wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:24 pm Doing nothing for Christmas. Well, there will be a zoom office luncheon and a gift exchange - basically everyone is giving and receiving a gift card. I was going to take vacation between Christmas & NYD, but now I'm swamped with work. :(

Son & I aren't exchanging gifts since we're condo hunting and the last thing we need is more stuff to move. Well, I did send him a water filtration kit with a water quality meter. I knew he wanted one, given the water problems on Oahu.
Totally understand. We are giving the kids $$. Because my MIL lives in my head, and she always said "you have to have something to open!" we bought a few small things, very few. Mr. Filly (the packing engineer) just wrapped them. Done!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

After last year's Zoom Christmas, I was looking forward to being with family this Christmas.

Atlanta? Seattle? No, I hate the idea of navigating the airport at Christmas. With my luck, my departure date or return date would land on a day in which we have a blizzard.

Milwaukee? A five hour drive. Certainly an option. On another thread I said that I don't mind spending time with relatives as long as I test myself before seeing them, and am cautious afterwards. But I also have to weigh probabilities. My Milwaukee sister loves cooking as much as I do. :lol: They eat out a lot. That means that they are more exposed to Covid and, while there, I'd probably be more exposed to Covid. I think visiting that sister can wait. Maybe Easter.

Iowa? I would love to visit my twice-widowed sister-in-law (her first husband was my late husband's older brother). It's only a 2-hour drive. She's twice vaxxed and boostered, as is her son's family there. But her daughter and son-in-law, who both recently had Covid, are not. My sister-in-law regularly babysits her daughter's two young children. Maybe that visit can wait a bit.

So I'll probably be by myself for Christmas. My choice. I can live with that.

But New Year's weekend? THAT will be spent with relatives. My brother lives an hour south of me. His family with be with in-laws for Christmas, but I've always - except for last year - spent New Year's Eve and New Year's Day with them. I make seafood casserole and crab cakes for New Year's Eve supper. We watch movies and ring in the New Year - scaring their poor Corgi every year. As long as I test negative, I will go down there. I know that there's more risk when visiting them. Of course, that's assuming that they are Covid-free. So... we'll see.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

In a few hours we will head out for Colorado so I will not be posting as often usual. :(

Happy holidays to all!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Have a good trip! Happy Holidays1
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
filly

Post by filly »

Just a note about at home test kits: they are in very short supply. We saw three different brands at Wag's (Walgreen's) last week but today the shelves were empty. We calculated that since we are in Spreadneck land that would not be the case, but alas and alack. We did find some at CVS. So if you want to get your hands on some, go today (Amazon is sold out and CVS is sold out online).
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Gots to have the bad x-mas sweaters:

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

filly wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:33 pm Just a note about at home test kits: they are in very short supply. We saw three different brands at Wag's (Walgreen's) last week but today the shelves were empty. We calculated that since we are in Spreadneck land that would not be the case, but alas and alack. We did find some at CVS. So if you want to get your hands on some, go today (Amazon is sold out and CVS is sold out online).
Yeah - I tried today. I now know when all local pharmacies are scheduled to receive them. The one that was supposed to receive them today (Fred Meyer) did not receive any. I tried online too but the earliest I could get one was Jan. 30. Safeway says they MIGHT get some tomorrow. I will try that but am not hopeful that they will actually get them. Here you can't get them on the shelf. They are under the counter and limited to 1 kit (2 tests) per person.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I'm thankful I bought a couple of BinaxNOW kits - so, four tests in all - about 6 weeks ago. I haven't used any, but I may see family both at Christmas and for New Year's Eve. I'm glad I'm prepared.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Doggos make Xmas sweaters look cute! :lovestruck:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Christmas trees and Florida remain a questionable mix for this northeasterner. But I'm feeling the spirit (no, not the holy one or the alcoholic one) so I sent cards and got a little tree, which I adore.

Cheers!
christmas tree 2021.JPG
christmas tree 2021.JPG (100.05 KiB) Viewed 853 times

Return to “General Stuff”