Trump Jr. Scenario - Please play along... what happens next?

DmitriNotPetra

Trump Jr. Scenario - Please play along... what happens next?

Post by DmitriNotPetra » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Here is the scenario. In a time before the midterms, its CNN Breaking News... The FBI has executed a pre-dawn no-knock warrant on Donald J. Trump Junior, for violations of 18 USC 1001, upon evidence provided by Paul Manafort that Trump Sr. knew about the Trump Tower meeting, and Trump Jr. lied about it to the Senate. Its happening. He's indicted. He's been arrested, the feds kicked in the door and put him in cuffs.
What is Trump Sr.'s reaction, to seeing his son arrested on CNN? What happens next? Yes, a s--tstorm, but, how do you thing it will play out?

Azastan

Re: Trump Jr. Scenario - Please play along... what happens next?

Post by Azastan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:03 pm

First, Donnie Jr has SS with him, so breaking down the door with a no-knock warrant probably isn't going to happen.

DmitriNotPetra

Post by DmitriNotPetra » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:06 pm

Haven't thought of the SS angle... but SS will stand down for other law enforcement.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:49 am

DmitriNotPetra wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:06 pm
Haven't thought of the SS angle... but SS will stand down for other law enforcement.
A no knock warrant would still be dangerous. If you were the SS, would you stand by idly when people burst through the door of someone you are protecting? I don't think shouting "Police! Put your hands up" is going to be effective in this case.

But if we can get through that imaginary scenario, then I would hope that Trump would have a stroke. Or, have Air Force One take him to Moscow :daydream: .

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:01 am

Let's conform the scenario to reality.

Someone from Mueller's office calls Uday's lawyer and tells him that Uday has been indicted and that he needs to be at the FBI building in 2 hours. While Uday is on the way to the FBI building, agents assigned to Mueller's office execute a search warrant at his home and business by knocking on the door and being let in.
What is Trump Sr.'s reaction, to seeing his son arrested [walking into the FBI building, appearing in court, and then being released on bond] on CNN? What happens next? Yes, a s--tstorm, but, how do you thing it will play out?

"Terror must be maintained or the Empire is doomed."

-Evil Spock

DmitriNotPetra

Post by DmitriNotPetra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:22 am

Dan1100 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:01 am
Let's conform the scenario to reality.

Someone from Mueller's office calls Uday's lawyer and tells him that Uday has been indicted and that he needs to be at the FBI building in 2 hours. While Uday is on the way to the FBI building, agents assigned to Mueller's office execute a search warrant at his home and business by knocking on the door and being let in.
What is Trump Sr.'s reaction, to seeing his son arrested [walking into the FBI building, appearing in court, and then being released on bond] on CNN? What happens next? Yes, a s--tstorm, but, how do you thing it will play out?
And if the FBI has reason to believe that by doing so, Trump Jr. will destroy material evidence when informed of the indictment? What then? That's why Manafort got the Quantico Delivery Service. I mean, yes to do a no-knock on someone with Secret Service protection would require a huge legal hurdle and back door channels... but then again, so did doing it on a practicing attorney, too.
These are strange times we live in. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility.
But back to the main question, what happens next on this hypothetical day that Don Jr. gets arrested?

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:51 am

We bomb someone. Someone creative, not Canada creative, but more creative than Syria. Maybe a joint attack with Israel on Iran. Or hell, he might bomb California and the Atlanta (CNN).

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 am

I thought Jr and Eric gave up SS because of their globe trotting cost to the government and they both travel around with a private security guard. :confused:

Birfers are toast

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 am

Gregg wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:51 am
We bomb someone. Someone creative, not Canada creative, but more creative than Syria. Maybe a joint attack with Israel on Iran. Or hell, he might bomb California and the Atlanta (CNN).
Exactly my first thought!

:like:

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:42 am

DmitriNotPetra wrote:
No they won't. They have already allegedly refused to the let Marshall's serve a subpoena on Jared
http://www.wfmz.com/news/politics/dnc-a ... /769847480
The Democratic National Committee tried and failed three times to serve Jared Kushner with a lawsuit at his Manhattan apartment and was turned away by a US Secret Service agent when it attempted to deliver the packet to the White House senior adviser's Washington, DC, home, according to court filings

After consulting with a superior, the Secret Service agent told the server "figure out another way to attempt service," the DNC alleged.

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:44 am

MsDaisy wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 am
I thought Jr and Eric gave up SS because of their globe trotting cost to the government and they both travel around with a private security guard. :confused:
https://www.richmond.com/opinion/our-op ... 9549a.html

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:45 am

Azastan wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:44 am
MsDaisy wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 am
https://www.richmond.com/opinion/our-op ... 9549a.html
that was only when they want to go "hunting"

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Since we're playing along, can we also have a subthread, mad libs style?

Junior is indicted. Once out on bail, he plans his escape to Russia. As his plane taxis down the runway, ____________

ImageImageImage x4

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm

DmitriNotPetra wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:22 am

And if the FBI has reason to believe that by doing so, Trump Jr. will destroy material evidence when informed of the indictment? What then?
Trump, Jr. destroyed whatever evidence he had a long time ago.

Mr Pfister

Post by Mr Pfister » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:26 pm
Since we're playing along, can we also have a subthread, mad libs style?

Junior is indicted. Once out on bail, he plans his escape to Russia. As his plane taxis down the runway, ____________
Maxwell Smart emerges sneering "NOT so FAST, I have this plane SURROUNDED by FIFTY US Agents. Ok, would you believe 35 agents and _____"

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm
DmitriNotPetra wrote:

And if the FBI has reason to believe that by doing so, Trump Jr. will destroy material evidence when informed of the indictment? What then?
You think so? I see all of them as thinking of themselves as so far above the law that they don't think anyone would dare to come after them. And they would also think that Daddy is going to pardon them all, so why bother?

Also, there must be SO much evidence that they wouldn't be able to get rid of it all--stuff they don't even think about.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Azastan wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:57 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm
DmitriNotPetra wrote:

You think so? I see all of them as thinking of themselves as so far above the law that they don't think anyone would dare to come after them. And they would also think that Daddy is going to pardon them all, so why bother?

Also, there must be SO much evidence that they wouldn't be able to get rid of it all--stuff they don't even think about.
No, I think as soon as he realized that people thought there might have been something nefarious with that meeting, he went in and deleted whatever he had. I think the first instinct was to cover things up, not to think that they were going to get pardoned.

I don’t doubt that there is a lot of evidence, I think Mueller already has it. But I think he got it from the telephone company.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 pm

No, I think as soon as he realized that people thought there might have been something nefarious with that meeting, he went in and deleted whatever he had. I think the first instinct was to cover things up, not to think that they were going to get pardoned.

I don’t doubt that there is a lot of evidence, I think Mueller already has it. But I think he got it from the telephone company.
You are probably correct. However, Donnie Jr is so slow on the uptake that it probably took him several days to figure out that he might get in trouble for it, and by then Mueller had already scooped up what he needed.

DmitriNotPetra

Post by DmitriNotPetra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:33 pm

Flatpointhigh wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:42 am
DmitriNotPetra wrote:
No they won't. They have already allegedly refused to the let Marshall's serve a subpoena on Jared
The Democratic National Committee tried and failed three times to serve Jared Kushner with a lawsuit at his Manhattan apartment and was turned away by a US Secret Service agent when it attempted to deliver the packet to the White House senior adviser's Washington, DC, home, according to court filings

After consulting with a superior, the Secret Service agent told the server "figure out another way to attempt service," the DNC alleged.
Subpoena's are one thing, if an SS agent and/or his superior stand in the way of a lawful arrest they can be charged with obstructing justice to. Federal law enforcement agencies wouldn't push the issue for a process service, but an arrest from a grand jury indictment, the US Marshals service can be very direct.
Now you're getting me excited for some drama. Stop that.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:59 am

Azastan wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:55 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 pm

You are probably correct. However, Donnie Jr is so slow on the uptake that it probably took him several days to figure out that he might get in trouble for it, and by then Mueller had already scooped up what he needed.
He's too stupid to destroy evidence. Remember, he's the one who published the e-mail setting up the meeting with the russians in Trump Tower.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:25 am

DmitriNotPetra wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:33 pm
Flatpointhigh wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:42 am
DmitriNotPetra wrote:

Subpoena's are one thing, if an SS agent and/or his superior stand in the way of a lawful arrest they can be charged with obstructing justice to. Federal law enforcement agencies wouldn't push the issue for a process service, but an arrest from a grand jury indictment, the US Marshals service can be very direct.
Now you're getting me excited for some drama. Stop that.
There won't be any drama. He'll turn himself in like every other Caucasian white collar criminal represented by a high dollar lawyer since the beginning of time. See Tron Carter's Law and Order

"Terror must be maintained or the Empire is doomed."

-Evil Spock

Return to “Trump Administration”