Local goofballs

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Chilidog

Local goofballs

Post by Chilidog »

OK. I kinda know this guy. We've met and talked a couple dozen times over the past 15 years. (Mutual interests around our kids) I thought he was a bit goofy, but sincere. His wife is really nice.

https://wgntv.com/news/buffalo-grove-ma ... ce-center/

His heart may have been in the right place, but his head was so far up his ass that God only knows what he was thinking.

I feel terrible for his family.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Local goofballs

Post by AndyinPA »

From a hospice, really? What was either of them thinking?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:58 pm From a hospice, really? What was either of them thinking?
I guess He wanted to die at home. Which would actually a reasonable request. Unfortunately, the way David went about it was totally fucked up.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:doh:
Never trust a llama with a knife and a sombrero.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Yeah, apparently the man wanted to die at home, and his friend tried to help him. We haven't heard what Rahimzadeh's friend has to say about it. Someone had a power of attorney and could refuse to release him. But yeah, that was a stupid (and dangerous) way to handle the situation.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Speaking of guns... Does anyone remember the father with a rifle who took his infant son off life support? The newborn baby had little or no brain activity, his little body was wasting away. The dad removed all the medical interventions and held his baby in his arms as life quickly ended. Then he surrendered. He was criminally charged, but the jury voted that he was not guilty by reason of mentally illness. As any of us might be in that sad situation.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I understand the wanting to die at home. My dad wanted to, but the end came so quickly, after less than two days of hospice in the hospital, it just couldn't be made to happen. We were dealing with getting my mother into a personal care home at the same time he was dying. She was only there a few days when he died. Not days I'd ever want to relive.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:12 am I understand the wanting to die at home. My dad wanted to, but the end came so quickly, after less than two days of hospice in the hospital, it just couldn't be made to happen. We were dealing with getting my mother into a personal care home at the same time he was dying. She was only there a few days when he died. Not days I'd ever want to relive.
:bighug:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
My wife and I went through a very, very hard time, but her parents both died of Alzheimers' in our home with us caring for them to the end.

We took such good care of her mom, we got kicked off hospice twice, because we wouldn't just let her die. That's on my permanent résumé, so you know.

At one point, a doctor leaned across his desk and looked at us. "You can't possibly take care of both these people in your home," he said. I looked right back and informed him, "We've been doing it for two and a half years already." :fingerwag: :boxing:

Her mom was on - and off - hospice for three and a half years before she died.
Never trust a llama with a knife and a sombrero.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Sounds like Rahimzadeh is taking his cues from sovcit cop impersonator whackos.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Hugs for Foggy :bighug:
Hidden Content
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Lani wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:28 am
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hubby is caring for his mother in her home. She has terminal breast cancer. She turned 91 today. She got more birthday cards than I ever got. Phone calls came in from family members and friends. Luckily she isn't in any pain. She is alert and reads all day. Thank goodness for hospice.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Return to “Other weirdos”