"Lowlife" Omarosa Onee Manigault-Newman - "Unhinged"

Chilidog

Re: "Lowlife" Omarosa Onee Manigault-Newman - "Unhinged"

Post by Chilidog » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Why did Kelly think that the Situation Room was an appropriate place to fire her?

Wouldn't his personal office have been better.

MN-Skeptic

Re: "Lowlife" Omarosa Onee Manigault-Newman

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:31 pm

I haven't listened to the tape, but is there anything on there that indicates that the meeting was held in the Situation Room? Or are we taking Omarosa at her word that that was where it happened?

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Omarosa tapes are property of the US under 42 USC 2202, & there are criminal penalties for “whoever..steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use any record...or thing of value of the US....” 18 USC 641. Prosecution unlikely —but I’d still be resting uneasily if I were her.[/quote

CJ Roberts

Post by CJ Roberts » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:14 pm

42 U.S.C.
United States Code, 2011 Edition
Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
CHAPTER 23 - DEVELOPMENT AND CONTROL OF ATOMIC ENERGY
Division A - Atomic Energy
SUBCHAPTER XIII - GENERAL AUTHORITY OF COMMISSION
Sec. 2202 - Contracts
From the U.S. Government Publishing Office, www.gpo.gov

§2202. Contracts
The President may, in advance, exempt any specific action of the Commission in a particular matter from the provisions of law relating to contracts whenever he determines that such action is essential in the interest of the common defense and security.

You're the kind of lawyer guilty people hire.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:21 pm

CJ Roberts wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:14 pm
42 U.S.C.
United States Code, 2011 Edition
Title 42 - THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
CHAPTER 23 - DEVELOPMENT AND CONTROL OF ATOMIC ENERGY
Division A - Atomic Energy
SUBCHAPTER XIII - GENERAL AUTHORITY OF COMMISSION
Sec. 2202 - Contracts
From the U.S. Government Publishing Office, www.gpo.gov

§2202. Contracts
The President may, in advance, exempt any specific action of the Commission in a particular matter from the provisions of law relating to contracts whenever he determines that such action is essential in the interest of the common defense and security.
I think that was a typo. I think he meant 44 USC 2202 https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/44/2202
44 U.S. Code § 2202 - Ownership of Presidential records

The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.
(Added Pub. L. 95–591, § 2(a), Nov. 4, 1978, 92 Stat. 2524.)
Even so, I think still bullsh*t.

"I asked Osama bin Laden and he very strongly said that he had nothing to do with crashing airplanes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I don't see any reason it would be Al-Qaeda."

-George W. Bush

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:05 pm

My first reaction is that it's a bullshit take. But my second reaction is that it's probably going to be a good idea to look at the definition of Presidential Records.

BRB...
Edit: Whadda ya know - I think he's right. Not going to cut-and-paste all the definitions over here, but based on the definitional statute I do think there's a very strong case that a recording of the Chief of Staff firing another aide is, in fact, a Presidential Record and property of the United States.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/44/2201

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Created at the direction of the President or under the control of, might be the salient bits.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 pm
Created at the direction of the President or under the control of, might be the salient bits.
Here's the bit I was looking at:
The term “Presidential records” means documentary materials, or any reasonably seg­regable portion thereof, created or received by the President, the President’s immediate staff, or a unit or individual of the Executive Office of the President whose function is to advise or assist the President, in the course of conducting activities which relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.

44 USC 2201(2)
She was, IIRC, immediate staff. And if she wasn't, she was an individual whose function was to advise the President. She created the record. And personnel matters are activities that relate to carrying out official duties.

--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

TexasFilly

Re: "Lowlife" Omarosa Onee Manigault-Newman

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:43 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:31 pm
I haven't listened to the tape, but is there anything on there that indicates that the meeting was held in the Situation Room? Or are we taking Omarosa at her word that that was where it happened?
Sarah Huckleberry seems to have confirmed it.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:49 pm

I think the implication though is at the direction or under the control or for the President, which this obviously was not. I can definitely see this going to court.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:40 pm

I can't see it going to court either.

But I also don't see the limitation you're referring to.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:59 pm

ABC News -

White House exploring legal options against Omarosa Manigault Newman for making secret recording in Situation Room
Omarosa Manigault Newman's former White House colleagues are looking into legal options to stop her from releasing more tapes and to punish her for secretly recording her conversation with Chief of Staff Gen. John Kelly, White House officials tell ABC News.

(I won't bother copying any more, it's all a rehash of what we've seen today.)

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:29 am

She'd LOVE to go to court, they are all publicity hounds (with respect to hounds). This is going to be a fun summer side show for the week.

Should we start the rumor she's meeting with Avenatti? :blink:

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:40 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:29 am
She'd LOVE to go to court, they are all publicity hounds (with respect to hounds). This is going to be a fun summer side show for the week.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
:twisted:

"I asked Osama bin Laden and he very strongly said that he had nothing to do with crashing airplanes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I don't see any reason it would be Al-Qaeda."

-George W. Bush

Carl von Ossietsky

Post by Carl von Ossietsky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:58 am

Dan1100 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:40 am
Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:29 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
:twisted:
Well, I know for sure that Mueller has given her immunity.

будем здоровы!

stoppingby

Post by stoppingby » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:30 am

Why would she be fired in the situation room? Isn't that the top secret room used for military operations? (my knowledge based solely on careful study of "The West Wing" episodes.)

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:18 am

stoppingby wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:30 am
Why would she be fired in the situation room? Isn't that the top secret room used for military operations? (my knowledge based solely on careful study of "The West Wing" episodes.)
Maybe he was concerned that all the other non-secure rooms had been bugged and didn't want any recordings of the conversation?

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:48 am

My understanding is that Omarosa did not have an SCI clearance at any time during her tenure in the White House. That being the case, she shouldn't have even been allowed in to the Situation Room.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:53 am

NEW: Omarosa provides an audio recording to Today Show on Monday that she says includes President Trump expressing surprise that she’d been fired from his administration. https://nbcnews.to/2KTAmbS

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:48 am
My understanding is that Omarosa did not have an SCI clearance at any time during her tenure in the White House. That being the case, she shouldn't have even been allowed in to the Situation Room.
On the Today show interview this morning she claimed she was locked in the Situation Room for two hours before Kelly came in to see her.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 am

Today Show just starting in my time zone. :popcorn:

Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard....

...really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!
Edit: Missed a link

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 am

Kendra wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 am
I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!
So it wasn’t the quality of the job she was doing which kept her employed by Trump. It was her praise for him which mattered. Why am I not surprised?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:20 am

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 am
Kendra wrote:
I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!
So it wasn’t the quality of the job she was doing which kept her employed by Trump. It was her praise for him which mattered. Why am I not surprised?
Only the best people he says.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:29 am

Kendra wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:20 am
MN-Skeptic wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 am
Kendra wrote:

Only the best people he says.
They are the "best" till they aren't

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:48 am

Donald J. Trump‏ Verified account @realDonaldTrump
While I know it’s “not presidential” to take on a lowlife like Omarosa, and while I would rather not be doing so, this is a modern day form of communication and I know the Fake News Media will be working overtime to make even Wacky Omarosa look legitimate as possible. Sorry!
10:21 AM - 13 Aug 2018

Such an asshole..

Birfers are toast

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”