Space Farce!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Space Farce!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 am

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/flat-eart ... impossible
Flat Earthers Call Trump’s Space Force Idea ‘Impossible’

“While there is some difference of opinion between different Flat Earth groups, I think it's fair to say that the overall belief is that sustained spaceflight is impossible, or at the very least cost-prohibitive,” Pete Svarrior, a spokesperson for the Flat Earth Society told The Daily Beast.

The Flat Earth Society is one of the best-known, apparently serious groups of people who claim Earth is not round, but a disk, maybe one covered with a dome. The flat earth movement has seen a surge in attention in recent years, fueled in part by several minor celebrity adherents, and in part by its convergence with other extreme-fringe conspiracy theories. Flat eartherism, already popular among a small set of conservative evangelicals, now crops up semi-regularly in forums for QAnon, an unhinged pro-Trump conspiracy that has led to multiple armed conflicts.

Which makes Trump’s proposed Space Force an open question for pro-Trump flat earthers, many of whom reject NASA as a deep state plot to dupe the masses into believing the world is round. Svarrior’s set of flat earthers believe that, even if manned spacecraft made their way into orbit (manned spacecraft are currently in orbit), photographic evidence of a round Earth wouldn’t change their minds.

“They would only be able to observe the illuminated portion of the Earth, which would be roughly circular in shape,” he said. “Hypothetically, this shouldn't be conclusive either way.”

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

verbalobe

Re: Space Farce!

Post by verbalobe » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:00 am

Student: "Well, it's quite understandable that the ancients believed that the sun revolved around the earth, because that's how it appears, from our vantage point!"

Teacher: "Uh-huh. And please explain to the class how things would appear, if it appeared that the earth revolved around the sun?"

:geezertowel:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:07 am

ISS whizzing by is one of the coolest things you'll see — for a nanosecond.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:15 am

Ugh! Brain melting ....

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 am

Well, I think Trump came up with Space Farce as yet another distraction. The followers at that one rally didn't know what it was but it must be good . . . because.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:26 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 am
Well, I think Trump came up with Space Farce as yet another distraction. The followers at that one rally didn't know what it was but it must be good . . . because.
Der Führer didn't need a new gimmick every few weeks. Donald needs to open his history books again. Oh wait, I think daddy home-schooled Donald in history.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:29 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 am
Space Fart :!:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:07 am

I'm waiting for somebody with good video editing skills to snip a clip from Far Out Space Nuts and put Trump's head on Chuck McCann's body (Bob Denver is too thin). Which head to put on Denver? Jr? Kushner? Cohen?

Trying to coordinate goggies to the Trumpie currently in the most trouble:
Manafort's accountant
ImageImageImage x4

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:12 am

Gilligan! :dance:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:25 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:07 am
I'm waiting for somebody with good video editing skills to snip a clip from Far Out Space Nuts and put Trump's head on Chuck McCann's body (Bob Denver is too thin). Which head to put on Denver? Jr? Kushner? Cohen?
Kushner.

vic

Post by vic » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:07 am
ISS whizzing by is one of the coolest things you'll see — for a nanosecond.
Lots and lots and lots of nanoseconds. I watched it once (to the naked eye, it was of course just a bright light moving through the sky).

I checked just now, and I just missed it. I'm not a flat earther, and I trust NASA; they say it was visible at my location for three minutes. Tomorrow it will be visible here for four minutes.

NASA: Spot the Station

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:08 am

OMG, there was a tv show in the 70s called Space Force, and it starred Fred Willard (hat tip Jimmy Kimmel)

"We're the Space Force. We're all you've got." should be Trump's Space Force catchphrase.

Trying to coordinate goggies to the Trumpie currently in the most trouble:
Manafort's accountant
ImageImageImage x4

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:20 am

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:54 am

I wonder what the run-of-the-mill E-2 is going ng to do in the space force.

tencats

Post by tencats » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Trump’s “Space Force”: More ‘Whitey on the Moon’
https://www.juancole.com/2018/08/trumps ... hitey.html
Juan Cole 08/12/2018
And here’s the secret of the way the scam works. A good half of the Pentagon budget is given back out to military contractors. It is, in essence, corporate welfare on a huge scale. Officers who retire often form provision companies on getting out. They know what their former colleagues need and want, and their former colleagues will take the call when they make the offer. The retirees with their new companies take the profits.

Many of the former officers you see interviewed on CNN and other cable news shows are actually making money off wars even as the opine on them, and despite print press exposes, CNN et al. have never apologized for the practice, never identified biased guests, and never acknowledged it is happening.

The US military doesn’t need to be nearly so large if it is a defense force and if it were run like a public sector corporation (think Reneault) instead of as a way to enrich cronies. Nor does “defense” spending create many jobs, and the ones it creates are way more expensive to the public than most others.

https://www.juancole.com/2018/08/trumps ... hitey.html

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:20 am
Shamelessly stolen from Twitter.
Could we please please please send Space Farce Command off in to space with only enough fuel to get them out there??? Please please please? SIGH!!!!

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:20 pm

PHOTOS: Donald Trump Asks Supporters to Choose a ‘Space Force’ Logo
https://secondnexus.com/news/trump-choo ... 3302272904

A couple of my favorites:

If Trump was a stopped clock he still wouldn't be right twice a day.

tek

Post by tek » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:59 pm

e0.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Digging the snow and the rain and the bright sunshine.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:20 pm

A Looney Tunes production.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:30 pm

More like
empire.png

"I asked Osama bin Laden and he very strongly said that he had nothing to do with crashing airplanes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I don't see any reason it would be Al-Qaeda."

-George W. Bush

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:24 am

It appears that Roger Stone has deleted this photo of him and Trump as the "Space Force" wearing uniforms clearly emblazoned with swastikas. http://hill.cm/j0gX87K

Return to “Trump Administration”