Which Congressman?

Who ordered and received stolen goods from Russian Spies?

Rohrbacher
33%
Nunes
33%
Chaffetz
5%
Ryan
No votes
Jim Jordan
No votes
Trey Gowdy
5%
Brian Mast
19%
Other (explain below)
5%

Total votes: 21

Chilidog

Which Congressman?

Post by Chilidog » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:55 pm

From the indictment
On or about August 15, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Gruccifer 2.0, received a request for stolen documents from a candidate for the U.S. Congress. The Conspirators responded using the Gruccifer 2.0 persona and sent the candidate stolen documents related to the candidate’s opponent.
Any guesses?

Dan1100

Re: Which Congressman?

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Based only on karma, I voted Nunes.

"Terror must be maintained or the Empire is doomed."

-Evil Spock

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:07 pm

Remember, there's no guarantee that the person in question is a current or past member of Congress.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:09 pm

A denial. Probably the first of many.

Ryan Costello Verified account @RyanCostello

And to be emphatically clear, as my then opponent’s dirt (some of it) was released by Gucifer, I am not that candidate. When it was reported that Gucifer 2.0 dropped the dirt, I disavowed the source and said I wouldn’t use it.

"Terror must be maintained or the Empire is doomed."

-Evil Spock

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:19 pm

I went with Rohrbacher. He's been in bed with the Russians for a while. Of course, that may definitely mean it's someone else. He already has his lines of communication with Russia. But it could be any of them.

How's that for not really having a clue? :)

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Rep. Brian Mast (R-FL CD 18.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:30 pm

I haven't a clue, but I voted Nunes because fuck that guy with a hedgehog.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:36 pm

Chaffetz, now that is an interesting thought. He did high tail it outta there, didn't he?

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:55 pm
From the indictment
On or about August 15, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Gruccifer 2.0, received a request for stolen documents from a candidate for the U.S. Congress. The Conspirators responded using the Gruccifer 2.0 persona and sent the candidate stolen documents related to the candidate’s opponent.
Any guesses?
Seems like they could have at least spelled it correctly in the indictment.
That's irritating as shit.

And my vote would be one of those fringe candidates, like the white supremacist guy in CA or somebody.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:41 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:19 pm
I went with Rohrbacher. He's been in bed with the Russians for a while. Of course, that may definitely mean it's someone else. He already has his lines of communication with Russia. But it could be any of them.

How's that for not really having a clue? :)
Same here. Truthfully I'd love for it to be all of the above, but more than likely that is wishful thinking. Whoever it is, it seems like it's someone who still around because Republicans are trying way too hard to discredit a law enforcement agency that they've had nothing but the highest praise for up until this investigation started. I'm thinking Rohrbacher is probably the one.

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Any spelling errors are mine

:oops:

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:10 pm

No answers.... but an article about it

Mueller indictments: Congressional candidate asked Russian operatives for info on opponent

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... atives-for

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:38 pm

I think Skip Intro is correct.

Welcome, seeker! (There's a seeker born every minute.)

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Added him. Revotes are open

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:00 am

It might have even been a Democrat
On Aug. 15, 2016, the date Mueller's indictment suggests the request was made "on or about," the Guccifer 2.0 blog posted a stolen Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) memo.

The memo points out possible vulnerabilities in the campaign of Annette Taddeo (D), who at the time was facing former Rep. Joe Garcia (D) in a heated Florida Democratic primary to challenge incumbent Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R) in the 2016 election cycle
http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... atives-for

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:15 am

Ron DeSantis

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:18 am

I am hoping it is McConnell. Quite a few Gopers took Russian $ via super pacs.

"Party loyalty is often cited as the reason that GOP leaders have not been more outspoken in their criticism of President Donald Trump and his refusal to condemn Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential election. Yet there may be another reason that top Republicans have not been more vocal in their condemnation. Perhaps it's because they have their own links to the Russian oligarchy that they would prefer go unnoticed.

Donald Trump and the political action committees for Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Lindsey Graham, John Kasich and John McCain accepted $7.35 million in contributions from a Ukrainian-born oligarch who is the business partner of two of Russian president Vladimir Putin's favorite oligarchs and a Russian government bank.

During the 2015-2016 election season, Ukrainian-born billionaire Leonard "Len" Blavatnik contributed $6.35 million to leading Republican candidates and incumbent senators. Mitch McConnell was the top recipient of Blavatnik's donations, collecting $2.5 million for his GOP Senate Leadership Fund under the names of two of Blavatnik's holding companies, Access Industries and AI Altep Holdings, according to Federal Election Commission documents and OpenSecrets.org."

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/comm ... -campaigns

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:01 pm

I believe Patagonia Girl is on to something. It's my opinion that the GOP has no reason whatsoever to stand by Trump. They are fighting the Mueller investigation fiercely because they know damn well that any thorough investigation is going to more than likely reveal that some of them are deep in the pockets of Russians oligarchs. Frankly, if none of them were involved, this would have been the perfect solution to their problem of Donald Trump. They would be so much better off without him, he has prevented almost all of their political agenda from being enacted.

If it weren't for the fact that other GOP/Russia ties are going to be uncovered, this would have been the perfect storm to oust Trump. They could have put on a mildly supportive front and then pretended to only slowly come around as they had to "face the hard facts". They could easily have used this to turn the tide against Trump. But they can't, because they are neck deep in the same Russian games themselves. Fuck them.

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:30 pm

I agree. There is no atrocity Trump would sign that Pence couldn't also sign but without the additional embarrassment of Trump's behavior.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Congress”