2018 Nevada Governor - (D) Win

Addie

2018 Nevada Governor - (D) Win

Post by Addie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 am

HuffPo
With Harry Reid’s Help, Moderate Democrat Triumphs In Nevada Governor Primary

Clark County Commissioner Steve Sisolak won the Democratic nomination for governor in Nevada on Tuesday night, giving the party a moderate nominee for one of its key pick-up opportunities this November.

Sisolak's main opponent in the race was Chris Giunchigliani, another Clark County Commission member who was viewed as the more progressive of the two candidates. Clark County, which includes Las Vegas, has more than two-thirds of the state’s population. ...

Sisolak will now face GOP Attorney General Adam Laxalt in the general election. Laxalt, who comes from a well-known Nevada political family, is more conservative than the state’s widely popular outgoing governor, Republican Brian Sandoval. Democrats hope Sisolak can claim the moderate mantle from Sandoval in a state where, although Democrats have made gains, they haven’t been elected to the governorship in two decades.

Nevada is considered a major pickup opportunity for Democrats, who are down to just 16 governorships, while Republicans control more than twice as many. Clinton narrowly won Nevada in 2016, as Democrats also picked up one of the state’s Senate seats and two seats in the U.S. House of Representatives.

While Sisolak was considered the more moderate candidate, he aired ads on a host of liberal policy priorities, emphasizing his support for Planned Parenthood, highlighting his background as a single father and promising to stand up to President Donald Trump. He also pointed to his work to bring the NHL’s Golden Knights and NFL’s Raiders to the city.

“I’ll take on the [National Rifle Association], I’ll take on big pharma, and I’ll take on Donald Trump,” Sisolak said in one television ad.

Steve Sisolak for Governor

Donate

¡Sterngard! come home.

Addie

Re: 2018 Nevada Governor

Post by Addie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:22 am

Nevada Appeal
Obama endorses Sisolak for Nevada governor

Former President Barack Obama has endorsed Democratic nominee for governor Steve Sisolak.

"Steve Sisolak will fight for justice, equality and opportunity for all Nevadans and I'm proud to endorse his candidacy for governor," said Obama in a statement released Friday. "Raised in a working family and now a proud dad who raised two incredible daughters on his own, he knows the value of hard work and the importance of opportunity."

The statement points out Sisolak would be Nevada's first Democratic governor in 20 years.

"Whether it's tirelessly advocating for educators and students, protecting access to affordable health care or investing in workers, Steve will always stand with Nevadans," said Obama.

Sisolak said the endorsement is an honor.

"There are few leaders who have stood so strongly for our working families," he said. "From lifting us out of the Great Recession and establishing the Affordable Care Act to leading the drive to make Nevada a leader in new industries like renewable energy, he fought for the issues that matter most to Nevada families."

Obama won Nevada in both of his presidential races in 2008 by 55 percent and 2012 by 52 percent.

¡Sterngard! come home.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:05 pm

NBC News

Verified account

@NBCNews
Following Following @NBCNews
More
Nevada Republican gubernatorial candidate Adam Laxalt says he was a "reckless and foolish" teen when he was arrested for assaulting a police officer more than 20 years ago in Virginia.
Records obtained by the Reno Gazette Journal from the city of Alexandria show the Nevada attorney general was taken into custody for underage drinking in 1996.

A 17-year-old Laxalt was drinking at a woman's house when officers were called, according to the report. After police entered the residence, Laxalt said he "reacted the wrong way" and tried to keep police from coming into the home. "Today, as a law enforcement officer, I understand they were just doing their jobs," he told the newspaper.

That and other alcohol-related incidents prompted him to get sober, he said.

Laxalt is facing Democrat Steve Sisolak in one of the most competitive, closely-watched gubernatorial races in the country.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:19 pm

:shock:

That does it. I'm definitely voting for Ryan Bundy, if I move to Nevada. :mrgreen:

Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief. And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large.

Mr Pfister

Post by Mr Pfister » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Not so fast mister Fogman

You know, Laxalt, he handled it like a good Republican.

He fessed up
Owned up to it as they say

He took responsibility

He EVEN explained "why" what he did was wrong.

So bafore you go gittin sovcityish an libertarianish (not to be confuzed with libtardishness) ya may want to consider that good ol boy who liked to drank and roughhouse some.

Why he was so spirited he tried his luck with the po leese

Why I'm beginning to like this boy even as I write this.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Ya After reading that I would be seriously considering crossing party lines on this guy.

It shows Personal Responsibility. Truth. Integrity. Definitely ticks my boxes.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Polling tonight shows him behind but of course doesn't include this cycle of news. CNN:
Governor.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avatar Photo: Michael "Who Says?" Cohen. Says SDNY & Mueller. What it's like at the prison in Otisville where Michael Cohen may go? https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/us/micha ... index.html

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:27 am

Daniel Rothberg
‏Verified account @danielrothberg

#IndyRaceCall: @TheNVIndy just called the Nevada Senate race for first-term Rep. Jacky Rosen (D) and the Nevada Governor's race for Clark County Commissioner Steve Sisolak (D). #ElectionNight

“I don’t look to the teachings of Jesus for what my political beliefs should be.”

-Jerry Falwell, Jr.

RTH10260

Re: 2018 Nevada Governor - (D) Win

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:28 am

NYT as the time of this posting:

Candidate Party Votes Pct.

Steve Sisolak Democrat 477,000 49.4%
Adam Laxalt Republican 437,690 45.3
None of these candidates — 18,704 1.9
Others 32,368 3.4

965,762 votes, 92% reporting (1,826 of 1,976 precincts)

"none of these" aka cRyan - very diplomatic to skip the trouble maker. :lol:

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:59 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:28 am
NYT as the time of this posting:

Candidate Party Votes Pct.

Steve Sisolak Democrat 477,000 49.4%
Adam Laxalt Republican 437,690 45.3
None of these candidates — 18,704 1.9
Others 32,368 3.4

965,762 votes, 92% reporting (1,826 of 1,976 precincts)

"none of these" aka cRyan - very diplomatic to skip the trouble maker. :lol:
"None at of these" is actually a choice in Nevada. cRyan in dumped into "Others" since more voters want none more than they want cRyan. Last I looked, he was leading others with 1.5% of the vote.

Winning.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:50 am

dKos Elections: NV-Gov: Cue Democratic gubernatorial pickup #7:

Laxalt concedes. Sisolak wins.
— James DeHaven (@JamesDeHaven) November 7, 2018

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:51 am

Has cRyan :towel: :?:

Return to “Governors & State Elections”