Virginia 10th CD: Primary June 12

Addie

Virginia 10th CD: Primary June 12

Post by Addie » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:39 pm

WaPo
State Sen. Jennifer Wexton wins the Democratic race to run against Rep. Comstock

State Sen. Jennifer Wexton beat five Democrats in the race to challenge Rep. Barbara Comstock (R) in what will be one of the most closely watched midterm elections in the nation.

By mid-evening, Wexton had nearly twice as many votes as her nearest rival, anti-human-trafficking activist Alison Friedman, in Virginia’s 10th Congressional District, unofficial results show.

Wexton, the establishment favorite, ran on her legislative record and the strength of endorsements from Gov. Ralph Northam (D) and Rep. Gerald E. Connolly (D-Va.) as well as the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. A former federal prosecutor, she is the only candidate from Loudoun County, the heart of the district. ...

The diverse, suburban 10th District is one of 23 GOP-held districts that Democrats feel they must win to take control of the House. Virginia Democrats hope for a repeat of the enthusiasm that carried Northam to a decisive win in 2017 and nearly flipped the state House of Delegates.

Anti-Trump voters in the district, which stretches from Loudoun and parts of Fairfax and Prince William counties to Clarke and Frederick counties in the west, unseated nearly every GOP state lawmaker representing the same territory as Comstock.
Jennifer Wexton for Congress

Act Blue/Donate

¡Qué vergüenza!

NotaPerson

Re: Virginia 10th CD: Primary June 12

Post by NotaPerson » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 am

Another donation made.

Darn you Addie, you're going to drive me into the poorhouse.

Am I being detained?

Addie

Re: Virginia 10th CD: Primary June 12

Post by Addie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 am

:bighug:
NotaPerson wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 am
Another donation made.

Darn you Addie, you're going to drive me into the poorhouse.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”