Michael Cohen

User avatar
Addie
Posts: 28562
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:22 am
Location: downstairs

Re: Michael Cohen

#1901

Post by Addie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:29 am

WaPo
Trump’s campaign to discredit Michael Cohen is already underway

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III may have referred an investigation of Michael Cohen's business practices to federal prosecutors in New York two months ago, but Mueller is not done with President Trump's personal lawyer yet.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that Mueller, investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential race and possible coordination with Trump's campaign, continues to probe episodes involving Cohen. A witness who testified in front of Mueller's grand jury last week said many of the questions he faced were related to the president's fixer.

Ongoing scrutiny by Mueller means multiple pressure points for Cohen, who once said he would take a bullet for Trump. Cohen's loyalty is being tested.

ABC News was first to report Wednesday that Cohen will split from the legal team that has represented him in the business investigation, which focuses on possible bank fraud, wire fraud and campaign finance violations. Some legal observers have speculated that the move could signal that Cohen is preparing to turn on Trump and cooperate with Mueller, but The Post's Rosalind S. Helderman and Tom Hamburger reported that Cohen has not indicated to associates whether he would be willing to cut a deal.

The president and his allies seem to be taking no chances. They have a ready-made, public-relations strategy to deploy if Cohen caves. In fact, they began rolling it out weeks ago.


¡Sterngard! come home.

User avatar
kate520
Posts: 15219
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Dark side of the Moon
Occupation: servant of cats, chicken wrangler
Contact:

Re: Michael Cohen

#1902

Post by kate520 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Not sarcastic, woodworker. Admiring, agreeing. Standing up from my chair while clapping makes it slow. :mrgreen:

Slim. On the iPhone and iPad, hold down the e until accented eeeee s appear then slide finger to your choice.


DEFEND DEMOCRACY

User avatar
RVInit
Posts: 7435
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Michael Cohen

#1903

Post by RVInit » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 am
woodworker wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 pm
...

Slightly off-topic: despite my boasting that I am familiar with all internet protocols, is a (((slow clap))) good or bad?
I think of a slow clap as similar to "touche*," although more sarcastic. I may be wrong.

*don't know how to do the accent mark over the E.
When I have used it I always have meant it as a sincere compliment, like a regular clap except with an extra YES! Maybe I need to brush up on my understanding of emojis! :lol: I could be insulting people and not even know it. :oops:


"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 4815
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: Michael Cohen

#1904

Post by Maybenaut » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Off Topic
é

Hay! That works!

Also ñ ö ß ç ž æ and a whole slew of others. Who knew?!



User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43903
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Michael Cohen

#1905

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 pm

kate520 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:11 pm
Not sarcastic, woodworker. Admiring, agreeing. Standing up from my chair while clapping makes it slow. :mrgreen:

Slim. On the iPhone and iPad, hold down the e until accented eeeee s appear then slide finger to your choice.
He responds better to promises of corned beef.



User avatar
woodworker
Posts: 2673
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Re: Michael Cohen

#1906

Post by woodworker » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:53 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 pm
kate520 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:11 pm
Not sarcastic, woodworker. Admiring, agreeing. Standing up from my chair while clapping makes it slow. :mrgreen:

Slim. On the iPhone and iPad, hold down the e until accented eeeee s appear then slide finger to your choice.
He responds better to promises of corned beef.
And extra crispy fat fries.


Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

User avatar
kate520
Posts: 15219
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Dark side of the Moon
Occupation: servant of cats, chicken wrangler
Contact:

Re: Michael Cohen

#1907

Post by kate520 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Roscoes? Just name the day. Bring geritol.


DEFEND DEMOCRACY

User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43903
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Michael Cohen

#1908

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:23 pm

kate520 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 pm
Roscoes? Just name the day. Bring geritol.
Off Topic
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.



User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 9045
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#1909

Post by Chilidog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:43 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 am
woodworker wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 pm
...

Slightly off-topic: despite my boasting that I am familiar with all internet protocols, is a (((slow clap))) good or bad?
I think of a slow clap as similar to "touche*," although more sarcastic. I may be wrong.

*don't know how to do the accent mark over the E.
Is it like a "golf clap?"



User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 9045
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#1910

Post by Chilidog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:43 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 am
woodworker wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 pm
...

Slightly off-topic: despite my boasting that I am familiar with all internet protocols, is a (((slow clap))) good or bad?
I think of a slow clap as similar to "touche*," although more sarcastic. I may be wrong.

*don't know how to do the accent mark over the E.
Is it like a "golf clap?"



User avatar
Slim Cognito
Posts: 5276
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#1911

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:49 pm

RVInit wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 am
woodworker wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 pm
...

Slightly off-topic: despite my boasting that I am familiar with all internet protocols, is a (((slow clap))) good or bad?
I think of a slow clap as similar to "touche*," although more sarcastic. I may be wrong.

*don't know how to do the accent mark over the E.
When I have used it I always have meant it as a sincere compliment, like a regular clap except with an extra YES! Maybe I need to brush up on my understanding of emojis! :lol: I could be insulting people and not even know it. :oops:
I was basing my interpretation on what I've seen in movies, like when the hero finally figures out the villain's plan and said villain responds with a slow clap. But I wasn't trying to cause trouble, honest!


ImageImageImage x4

User avatar
kate520
Posts: 15219
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Dark side of the Moon
Occupation: servant of cats, chicken wrangler
Contact:

Re: Michael Cohen

#1912

Post by kate520 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:52 pm

In the movies, he always has a twisted, sarcastic smile, too.


DEFEND DEMOCRACY

User avatar
GreatGrey
Posts: 9570
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:06 am
Location: Living in the Anthropocene

Re: Michael Cohen

#1913

Post by GreatGrey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:23 pm



I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

User avatar
NotaPerson
Posts: 3140
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: Michael Cohen

#1914

Post by NotaPerson » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Exclusive: Michael Cohen believes Trump and his allies are turning on him
CBS News has learned that Michael Cohen, President Trump's longtime personal attorney, believes the president and his allies are turning against him. Sources familiar with Cohen's legal problems say that he is increasingly feeling isolated from Mr. Trump and his allies, and Cohen appears to be moving closer to a legal strategy of cooperating with investigators given the gulf that now exists between him and Mr. Trump.
:snippity:
Cohen's associates say that in recent days he has become increasingly irritated by statements made in the media by the president's lawyer in the Russia investigation, Rudy Giuliani. A source tells Pegues the president's allies are trying to attack Cohen in the event that he does flip.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-co ... ng-on-him/

:popcorn:


Am I being detained?

User avatar
Slim Cognito
Posts: 5276
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#1915

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:57 pm

NotaPerson wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:30 pm
Exclusive: Michael Cohen believes Trump and his allies are turning on him
CBS News has learned that Michael Cohen, President Trump's longtime personal attorney, believes the president and his allies are turning against him. Sources familiar with Cohen's legal problems say that he is increasingly feeling isolated from Mr. Trump and his allies, and Cohen appears to be moving closer to a legal strategy of cooperating with investigators given the gulf that now exists between him and Mr. Trump.
:snippity:
Cohen's associates say that in recent days he has become increasingly irritated by statements made in the media by the president's lawyer in the Russia investigation, Rudy Giuliani. A source tells Pegues the president's allies are trying to attack Cohen in the event that he does flip.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-co ... ng-on-him/

:popcorn:
And this comes as a surprise?


ImageImageImage x4

User avatar
Turtle
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:27 pm
Occupation: SPACE FORCE COMMANDER

Re: Michael Cohen

#1916

Post by Turtle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:49 pm
RVInit wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 am


I think of a slow clap as similar to "touche*," although more sarcastic. I may be wrong.

*don't know how to do the accent mark over the E.
When I have used it I always have meant it as a sincere compliment, like a regular clap except with an extra YES! Maybe I need to brush up on my understanding of emojis! :lol: I could be insulting people and not even know it. :oops:
I was basing my interpretation on what I've seen in movies, like when the hero finally figures out the villain's plan and said villain responds with a slow clap. But I wasn't trying to cause trouble, honest!
Off Topic
slow clap comes from the endings of 80's teen movies



After a moment is so profound no one knows how to react, a lone pair of hands moves to applause. Slowly, because even though they clap, they are still taking it in.



User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43903
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Michael Cohen

#1917

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 pm

LOL. Cohen is seeking a TRO against Avenatti. I'll post in the other applicable thread, too. I haven't read it yet.


Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 11151
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#1918

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:47 am

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics ... index.html

Not letting me c/p any text, but CNN is reporting Cohen has indicated to family and friends he's willing to cooperate.



User avatar
Flatpointhigh
Posts: 7716
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:05 pm
Location: Hotel California, PH23
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.
Contact:

Re: Michael Cohen

#1919

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:02 am

CNN)President Donald Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen has indicated to family and friends he is willing to cooperate with federal investigators to alleviate the pressure on himself and his family, according to a source familiar with the matter.
Cohen has expressed anger with the treatment he has gotten from the President, who has minimized his relationship with Cohen, and comments from the President's lawyer Rudy Giuliani, the source said. The treatment has left him feeling isolated and more open to cooperating, the source said.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics ... index.html



"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

User avatar
HilltownGrrl
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: WMass
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Re: Michael Cohen

#1920

Post by HilltownGrrl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Off Topic
Turtle wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 pm

snippety
Off Topic
slow clap comes from the endings of 80's teen movies



After a moment is so profound no one knows how to react, a lone pair of hands moves to applause. Slowly, because even though they clap, they are still taking it in.
Ah, a baby Patrick Dempsey! As sappy as they are, I still love so many 80s movies - thanks for the great lunch break!


Image

User avatar
GreatGrey
Posts: 9570
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:06 am
Location: Living in the Anthropocene

Re: Michael Cohen

#1921

Post by GreatGrey » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 pm
LOL. Cohen is seeking a TRO against Avenatti. I'll post in the other applicable thread, too. I haven't read it yet.


Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
DENINED!

04922549-C978-4E58-A97A-E1A6FAE4F23A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 18064
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: Michael Cohen

#1922

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:17 pm

GreatGrey wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:11 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 pm
LOL. Cohen is seeking a TRO against Avenatti. I'll post in the other applicable thread, too. I haven't read it yet.


Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
DENINED!


04922549-C978-4E58-A97A-E1A6FAE4F23A.jpeg
re footnote 1: :blackeye: for Cohen



User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43903
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Michael Cohen

#1923

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:18 pm

TRO denied, but full consideration deferred.



User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 11151
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#1924

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:28 pm

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... urt-filing
FBI agents who searched the home, office, and safety deposit boxes of President Trump's attorney Michael Cohen earlier this year have reconstructed about 16 pages of documents from Cohen's paper shredder.

A court filing submitted Friday in the Southern District of New York states that FBI agents have reconstructed the documents and submitted them as evidence for the first time in court today.

In addition, prosecutors said in the court filing that FBI agents had recovered more than 700 pages of encrypted messages between Cohen and other recipients from the private chat apps WhatsApp and Signal.

A second Blackberry cell phone used by Cohen is also under investigation, but has not yet yielded its contents.



User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43903
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Michael Cohen

#1925

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:32 pm

Here's the filing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



Post Reply

Return to “Trump Administration”