Michael Cohen

User avatar
woodworker
Posts: 2609
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Re: Michael Cohen

#2076

Post by woodworker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:39 pm

I think that is one of the reasons Rod R announced the indictments today. The other being that, IMHO, it helps protect him against being fired.


Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43902
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Michael Cohen

#2077

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:46 pm

The Special Master issued and filed a report a few minutes ago. (She's working late.) She just released 883,634 items to the Government.

Michael Cohen will be asked soon to audition for an Opera.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 10399
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Michael Cohen

#2078

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:45 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:46 pm
The Special Master issued and filed a report a few minutes ago. (She's working late.) She just released 883,634 items to the Government.

Michael Cohen will be asked soon to audition for an Opera.
The burning question though is what part he will be singing.


The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 26457
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Fogbow HQ
Occupation: Dick Tater

Re: Michael Cohen

#2079

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:14 am

Image


Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

User avatar
woodworker
Posts: 2609
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Re: Michael Cohen

#2080

Post by woodworker » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:45 am
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:46 pm
The Special Master issued and filed a report a few minutes ago. (She's working late.) She just released 883,634 items to the Government.

Michael Cohen will be asked soon to audition for an Opera.
The burning question though is what part he will be singing.
The part originally sung by the castrato.


Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

User avatar
MN-Skeptic
Posts: 2239
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:36 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Re: Michael Cohen

#2081

Post by MN-Skeptic » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:16 pm

From The Hill -

Special master in Cohen case rejects more than a third of legal team's privileged items
The special master in the case of President Trump's former longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, reportedly rejected more than a third of his legal team’s assertions that documents seized by federal agents are limited by attorney-client privilege on Thursday.

According to court documents, Special Master Barbara S. Jones found that 1,452 out of the 4,085 items designated privileged by the lawyer’s legal team are not privileged. Jones "agrees with the plaintiff" that 2,633 of the documents or records meet attorney-client privilege standards.

The items that have been designated not privileged will “promptly be released to the government" for potential use by prosecutors in the case against Cohen, court documents say.


MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43902
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Michael Cohen

#2082

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:22 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:16 pm
From The Hill -

Special master in Cohen case rejects more than a third of legal team's privileged items
The special master in the case of President Trump's former longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, reportedly rejected more than a third of his legal team’s assertions that documents seized by federal agents are limited by attorney-client privilege on Thursday.

According to court documents, Special Master Barbara S. Jones found that 1,452 out of the 4,085 items designated privileged by the lawyer’s legal team are not privileged. Jones "agrees with the plaintiff" that 2,633 of the documents or records meet attorney-client privilege standards.

The items that have been designated not privileged will “promptly be released to the government" for potential use by prosecutors in the case against Cohen, court documents say.
Late becuz I'm in jury trial.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
RVInit
Posts: 7017
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Michael Cohen

#2083

Post by RVInit » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 pm

:bighug: Thanks...more good reading I'll bet.


"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 9663
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#2084

Post by Kendra » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:51 am

SCOOP: FBI has secret recording Michael Cohen made of conversation he had with Trump two months before the election in which they discussed payments to Playboy model Karen McDougal. w/@maggieNYT
:popcorn:

Off to read...



User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 9663
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#2085

Post by Kendra » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:55 am

Dear Sarah Succubus. I hope today's press conference is all kinds of fun with questions about this. :twisted:



User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 43902
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Over the drawbridge

Re: Michael Cohen

#2086

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Trump’s Pecker is in deep shit. Sounds like a corporate campaign contribution. Also unreported and over the limit.

Thoughts and prayers.



User avatar
Tiredretiredlawyer
Posts: 6959
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm
Location: Animal Planet
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: Michael Cohen

#2087

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:32 pm

RUDY G CONFIRMED THE RECORDING EXISTS!!!!!!!

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... gal-latest?
Michael Cohen recorded Trump discussing payment to Playboy model – report
New York Times reports tape seized by FBI in raid
Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani confirms recording exists


According to the Times, former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, who has been recruited by Trump as a personal lawyer, confirmed that the recording exists and that the two-minute conversation includes Trump discussing payments to Karen McDougal, who has claimed she had an affair with Trump in 2006, shortly after the birth of his youngest son.

Giuliani claimed the payments were not made and that Trump did nothing wrong. Representatives for Trump have denied the affair.


"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

SLQ
Posts: 2225
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#2088

Post by SLQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 pm

I'm glad there's a recording, and it might be a campaign violation. But Cohen's (presumably illegal and presumably unauthorized) recording of a confidential conversation with his client is troubling. It shows the kind of "lawyer" he is. Even more troubling is that at the same time Cohen was recording Trump to provide later cover for himself, he was doing Trump's dirty work and pledging his lifelong loyalty to the his low-life client. :sick: :sick: I guess stupid really is as stupid does.



User avatar
Suranis
Posts: 15761
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#2089

Post by Suranis » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:08 pm

I think this tweet is on the money about this. It sounds like Trump leaked this to Habermann and she is deliberately talking it down, because there are OTHER tapes out there and they are trying to kill this story by making it a nothing burger.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status ... 2079063041
Seth Abramson
‏Verified account @SethAbramson

4/ I wonder if the source for this story was Team Trump, which had just learned the feds had this tape. The way The New York Times story is written sounds to me like Trump's people trying to get ahead of a *really* bad story and Haberman writing it up in a way that minimizes it.
His whole twit thread is worth a read on this. interesting thoughts. I'll copy it over if people want. Oh and Michael Avinatti just said he knows for a fact that there are multiple tapes (but how the heck would he know.) Maggie said there were no other tapes, but I dont believe that for a single second. I think she is carrying Trumps water on this and probably a lot of other shit.


Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 9663
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#2090

Post by Kendra » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:24 pm

I am reading the Abrahamson thread now.



User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 8729
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#2091

Post by Chilidog » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Is she the one who had the abortion?



User avatar
fierceredpanda
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Michael Cohen

#2092

Post by fierceredpanda » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:00 pm

You know the bad thing about these tapes coming to light? It means I'm having to see Michael Avenatti on TV again. :madguy:


"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

User avatar
Slim Cognito
Posts: 4992
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#2093

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:02 pm

I'm not a lawyer, especially a seedy lawyer like Cohen, but if I were inclined to tape one iffy conversation, I'd probably be inclined to tape all my iffy conversations.


ImageImageImage x4

User avatar
fierceredpanda
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:04 pm
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Michael Cohen

#2094

Post by fierceredpanda » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:09 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:02 pm
I'm not a lawyer, especially a seedy lawyer like Cohen, but if I were inclined to tape one iffy conversation, I'd probably be inclined to tape all my iffy conversations.
As an attorney, I advise against recording any iffy conversations. ;)

The fact that Cohen was recording his client's conversations makes me think he either worried that Trump would use him as a fall guy the same way Nixon tried to use John Dean, or he wanted ammunition to blackmail Trump in case their relationship soured in the future. Unethical? Yep. Illegal as hell? Oh yes. Something I could easily see Cohen resorting to when dealing with a feckless backstabber like Donald Trump for a client? You bet.


"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

User avatar
Addie
Posts: 26954
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:22 am
Location: downstairs

Re: Michael Cohen

#2095

Post by Addie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Daily Beast
Trump: ‘I Can’t Believe Michael Would Do This With Me’

When President Donald Trump was informed of reports that his former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, secretly recorded him speaking about payments to former Playboy model Karen McDougal, he allegedly said he couldn’t “believe Michael would do this.” The New York Times reported Friday that the FBI is in possession of the recording Cohen made. “I can’t believe Michael would do this with me,” the president reportedly said when briefed about the report. The recording, made two months before the 2016 election, reportedly discussed “payments” to McDougal, who claims she had an affair with Trump. The seizure of the recording is part of a Justice Department investigation into whether Cohen broke campaign finance laws in order to keep negative stories about Trump from seeing the light of day.


¡Sterngard! come home.

User avatar
Sugar Magnolia
Posts: 9342
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:44 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#2096

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Why would a lawyer taping conversations with a client be illegal in a one-party consent state?



User avatar
pipistrelle
Posts: 4956
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#2097

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Where are the “tapes” with Comey that 45 promised?



TexasFilly
Posts: 17885
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Michael Cohen

#2098

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:21 pm

Addie wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:13 pm
Daily Beast
Trump: ‘I Can’t Believe Michael Would Do This With Me’

When President Donald Trump was informed of reports that his former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, secretly recorded him speaking about payments to former Playboy model Karen McDougal, he allegedly said he couldn’t “believe Michael would do this.” The New York Times reported Friday that the FBI is in possession of the recording Cohen made. “I can’t believe Michael would do this with me,” the president reportedly said when briefed about the report. The recording, made two months before the 2016 election, reportedly discussed “payments” to McDougal, who claims she had an affair with Trump. The seizure of the recording is part of a Justice Department investigation into whether Cohen broke campaign finance laws in order to keep negative stories about Trump from seeing the light of day.
I'm leaning toward the Team Trump leaked this theory, therefore, this alleged reaction is bullshit, IMHO. But, thanks for posting it Addie! ;)


I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

User avatar
Slim Cognito
Posts: 4992
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Michael Cohen

#2099

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


ImageImageImage x4

TexasFilly
Posts: 17885
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: Michael Cohen

#2100

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Hannity? :pray:


I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Post Reply

Return to “Trump Administration”