Stephanie Clifford aka Stormy Daniels v Donald J. Trump aka David Dennison, U.S. District Court, Central California

TexasFilly

Re: Stephanie Clifford aka Stormy Daniels v Donald J. Trump aka David Dennison, U.S. District Court, Central California

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 am

Somebody is obsessed with jaws. Just sayin'. :daydream:

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Stephanie Clifford aka Stormy Daniels v Donald J. Trump aka David Dennison, U.S. District Court, Central California

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:59 am

TexasFilly wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 am
Not moi. :fingerwag: Stormy, mebbe.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 am
Ouch, that one landed on the chin (lower case). ;)

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Is it Kato Kaelin?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Jim wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:58 am
Lani wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:06 pm
tjh wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Security screening :
Off Topic
So ... is her dress Pink or Lavender?
It's mauve.
I'm so embarrassed...first thing I noticed was it was zipped up. :oops:
Me too. I vote for lilac.

Sluffy1

Post by Sluffy1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Looks Slavic to me... I'll go with Ukrainian.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 pm

I'll go with "fiction."

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Bad guys then and now....

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:46 pm

Has Cohen ever been known to use threats? I haven't read everything that's out there about him and I don't really have a sense of whether or not this would even be his MO or something he's done before, I'm asking honestly if anyone is aware of any kind of threats. He certainly seems like a sleaze ball, but that doesn't necessarily mean he would be involved in threatening someone or causing someone to be threatened. Anyone have thoughts or info on that?

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:56 pm

RVInit wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:46 pm
Has Cohen ever been known to use threats? I haven't read everything that's out there about him and I don't really have a sense of whether or not this would even be his MO or something he's done before, I'm asking honestly if anyone is aware of any kind of threats. He certainly seems like a sleaze ball, but that doesn't necessarily mean he would be involved in threatening someone or causing someone to be threatened. Anyone have thoughts or info on that?
From there, Cohen threatened the reporters with legal action:

"I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we're in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don't have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know," Cohen said. "So I'm warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I'm going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.busine ... ana-2015-7

I believe Stormy was threatened. But then, I’m female and also not inclined to consistently bash “the Chin,” especially using her as kindling. YMMV.

Edit: not talking to yiu, RVInit

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:59 pm

I believe her too. And I don't think the sketch is fiction or that it looks anything like her attorney Mr. Avenatti.

much ado

Post by much ado » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:06 pm

SLQ wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:56 pm
:snippity:

I believe Stormy was threatened. But then, I’m female and also not inclined to consistently bash “the Chin,” especially using her as kindling. YMMV.
I tend to believe her, too. It seems to be the kind of thing that Cohen does and would do to Stormy. (I'm not female, BTW.)

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:45 am
The sketch is out and much of it bears a strong resemblance to the Chin. Especially the lower jaw.

Can we credibly believe the sktech is just bullshit? I do.
I don't think it is unusual for good faith versions of those sketches to be awful. It least it wasn't a generic overweight Terry Crews in a hoodie, like a lot of them you see on TV.

"I asked Osama bin Laden and he very strongly said that he had nothing to do with crashing airplanes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I don't see any reason it would be Al-Qaeda."

-George W. Bush

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:17 pm

SLQ wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:56 pm
RVInit wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:46 pm
From there, Cohen threatened the reporters with legal action:

"I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we're in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don't have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know," Cohen said. "So I'm warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I'm going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.busine ... ana-2015-7

Edit: not talking to yiu, RVInit
I believe her. Why make up a detail like that when you could make up terrible embarrassing sex things about Trump?

[Insert disgusting example of embarrassing sex thing she could have made up about Trump.]

"I asked Osama bin Laden and he very strongly said that he had nothing to do with crashing airplanes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I don't see any reason it would be Al-Qaeda."

-George W. Bush

much ado

Post by much ado » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:17 pm
I believe her. Why make up a detail like that when you could make up terrible embarrassing sex things about Trump?

[Insert disgusting example of embarrassing sex thing she could have made up about Trump.]
I suspect Stormy knows some embarrassing sex things about Trump without making anything up. But this is sheer speculation on my part...

Sluffy1

Post by Sluffy1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:45 pm

much ado wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:21 pm
Dan1100 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:17 pm

I suspect Stormy knows some embarrassing sex things about Trump without making anything up. But this is sheer speculation on my part...
She has hinted about the size of his wanger.
When asked what snack she'd recommend for watching the 60 Minutes interview...

Stormy Daniels Did St. Louis — And It Was Magnificent
Stormy has a friendly way of interacting with the crowd and she seems happy to be performing. You would never know that this small woman might be carrying the future of the globe on her, well, globes. She gives her fans lots of individual attention and she is very nice about letting them motorboat her. She even grabs one gentleman’s head and knocks it around between her breasts right on beat to the drums during Poison’s “Something to Believe In.”
Ever hear of Cooter Ball? .... men :doh: go figure.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:46 pm

OK, I bypassed about 10 pages in the Cohen thread between Friday and Monday morning in order to somewhat "catch up" after a really busy few days. I just did a very quick search "Michael Cohen threat" and came up with the following Salon article.

https://www.salon.com/2018/04/11/7-horr ... r_partner/
Michael Cohen has a pretty sketchy history

Nothing about what Cohen has done involving the Daniels matter should be a surprise. Donald Trump’s “fixer” has long faced accusations of intimidating anyone who stood up to Trump. Here are seven prime examples.

Sued a woman after she revealed details of Trump fixing a beauty contest. Why was Cohen so aggressive with Stormy Daniels? It may be because he had a track record of intimidating women over revelations of wrongdoing. In 2012, Miss Pennsylvania Sheena Monnin revealed that Trump had fixed the pageant by pre-selecting the finalists. As a result, the contest lost its site. And so Cohen sued. Monnin’s lawyer told her not to respond and a court ended up awarding $5 million in damages to Trump. Of course she didn’t actually have to pay that — privately settling in a way that meant she did not “pay any money out of pocket.”
Cohen threatened to have a Harvard student expelled over a prank. In 2016, staff of the humor magazine the Harvard Lampoon posed as the student’s student newspaper, The Crimson, and told Trump they were considering endorsing him. They even stole a chair from the Crimson and brought it to Manhattan to pose with the future president. It was all a joke, and Trump’s team responded poorly, with Cohen threatening the students.

Cohen tried to get $5 million from Bill Maher because of a joke. Neither Michael Cohen or Donald Trump have a very good sense of humor. Which is why they reacted so poorly to Maher demanding that Trump present a valid birth certificate to prove that he’s not the product of his mother having sex with an orangutan, with an offer to write a check for $5 million to the charity of Trump’s choice. Trump actually got a document purporting to show he’s not part orangutan and Cohen demanded that Maher pay up. Cohen then filed a lawsuit over the joke, which he then dropped promising that it would be “refiled at a later date.” Maher never paid and the suit was dropped.
There is more, including the threat regarding the Daily Beast and threatening Eric Schneiderman. None of those threats involved physical threats and he personally made those threats. Stormy's allegation is that someone else made the threat and she and The Chin appear to be insinuating that it seems likely that Cohen and/or Trump would likely have been behind it all because nothing else would make sense.

I respect the lawyers on this forum for their legal expertise, they all seem very credible and highly knowledgeable. It seems to be fairly unanimous that they don't think highly of Stormy's lawyer, and I certainly wouldn't argue anything different. Even as an IANAL I can see that he loves the camera and microphone, avoids answering certain questions, and he also seemed to want to take credit for the fact that Cohen is now finding himself in legal hot water, but I don't believe that's true because I think it's been established that it was the bank that flagged a (or some?) transactions and I'm under the impression that is why he's in legal jeopardy. The Chin is full of himself and I don't find him particularly credible.

But, I have to say that I have found Ms Clifford to be credible. She doesn't have the polish of Karen McDougal, but I tend to look past that as appearances can be deceiving and I happen to know quite a few people that don't have college degrees and don't have a large vocabulary, are somewhat rough around the edges, but are intelligent and highly credible and honest people. If I completely disregard this particular threat allegation I would say there is nothing she has said prior to this allegation that made me believe she was telling a tall tale. Between her and The Chin, I find her more credible. And I find her far more credible than Cohen or Trump. I'm not sure what to make of this particular allegation, but I'm am really interested in seeing if anyone identifies this person. She did say that the person who threatened her was well dressed, but the sketch shows him wearing something that looks more like a hoody. I don't know what her idea of well dressed is, some people might mean a suit and tie, others might consider very casual clothing to be well dressed, particularly if those casual clothing were well fitting, neat in appearance, and an expensive brand.

Sorry, a bit wordy I'm afraid. :bag:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

SuedeNsteel

Post by SuedeNsteel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:58 pm

I also thought it looked like Tom Brady LOL.

"When wealth is passed off as merit, bad luck is seen as bad character. This is how ideologues justify punishing the sick and the poor...Stigmatize those who let people die, not those who struggle to live." --- Sarah Kendzior

bob

Post by bob » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Slate:
Here is a list of everyone the Slate staff and other jokers online have identified as potentially being the infamous “thug” based on this sketch.

• Young Willem Dafoe
• Former Saturday Night Live star Chris Kattan
• Young Arnold Schwarzenegger
• Young Charles Manson
• Retired baseball player Johnny Damon
• 1994 Kato Kaelin
• Jaime Lannister
• Tom Brady
• The infamously bad courtroom sketch of Tom Brady
• Young Harry Hamlin and/or Young Dr. Oz
• Chris Pine’s character in Hell or High Water

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm

bob wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:06 pm
Slate:
Here is a list of everyone the Slate staff and other jokers online have identified as potentially being the infamous “thug” based on this sketch.

• Young Willem Dafoe
• Young Charles Manson
• 1994 Kato Kaelin
• Jaime Lannister
• Tom Brady
:rotflmao:

In seriousness, I have held my fire on Avenatti for a time, but I am growing increasingly irritated by his swaggering self-promotion, and do wish TV shows would please stop booking him. Particularly aggravating for me was his assertion yesterday to the effect that Michael Cohen is in legal jeopardy if it turns out that he recorded phone calls or conversations without the other party's consent. I guess Avenatti couldn't be bothered to learn that New York is a one-party-consent state? Oh, but why let the legal niceties get in the way of a perfectly good chance to pontificate for the cameras, right? The guy strikes me as the type of person who just can't help himself, and around whom the most dangerous place to be is between him and cameras or microphones.

Admittedly, part of this is because I have an aversion to the particular stereotype of Brioni-wearing, Maserati-driving, tough-talking attorneys of Italian provenance (Joe Tacopina comes to mind as another example). I have a decent amount of Sicilian in my ancestry, and try desperately not to fall into that cliche. I have heard a number of people in media comment about Avenatti's taste for Brioni clothes. I don't know about the Maserati, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

listeme

Post by listeme » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:32 pm

I find her credible otherwise; why would I think this particular thing is fictional?

We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:37 pm

bob wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:06 pm
Slate:

• Young Willem Dafoe
• Young Charles Manson
• 1994 Kato Kaelin
• Jaime Lannister
• Tom Brady
The lead from Team America World Police.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:49 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm

In seriousness, I have held my fire on Avenatti for a time, but I am growing increasingly irritated by his swaggering self-promotion, and do wish TV shows would please stop booking him. :snippity:
Under normal circumstances, I would instantly hate a guy like Avenatti, but a low skill swaggering self-promoting blowhard is a perfect fit for the job of sticking the knife into Trump & Co. and twisting it every day, day after day without end on Stormy's behalf.

I think Stormy is pissed and sure she wants the publicity, but what she really wants that knife stuck into Trump and twisted every day, and Avenatti is getting that job done for her.

The Soap Opera analogy is pretty apt. It doesn't have to be good or even make sense most of the time. It just has to be there and dramatic enough to hold interest, nagging at Trump every day, day after day.

“Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our [Trump, Cohen, and Hannity's] lives.”

-George W. Bush

Return to “Trump Administration”