Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Good news!
Ali Bradley @AliBradleyTV wrote: #BREAKING Sources confirm no more work will be done on Gov. @DougDucey’s shipping container barrier in the Coronado National Forest following a @TheJusticeDept injunction—This comes after protesters blocked crews for over a week.

No word on if the containers will be removed.

AZ: This as the @CenterForBioDiv issues a “60 notice of intent to bring citizen suit” for violations of the Clean Water Act:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Get in line.
Federal government plans to sue over Gov. Doug Ducey's shipping container wall at border
The federal government responds to Gov. Doug Ducey's attention-grabbing action along the border.

The U.S. Justice Department has notified Gov. Doug Ducey that it intends to file suit against Arizona as early as Wednesday over shipping containers used as a makeshift wall at the border, which the government contends is illegal, dangerous and interferes with federal duties.

In a response to the federal authorities, Ducey's lawyer noted what they view as inaccurate claims but struck a less defiant tone on an issue they view as demanding long-overdue federal action.

The action is the latest move in a high-profile standoff between the governor and the federal government over conditions along the nation's southern border.

Ducey sued the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation in late October, asking a judge to allow the state to continue placing shipping containers at the border near Yuma after officials with the federal agency sought to halt construction days earlier. The governor maintains Arizona has the legal authority to put the containers in gaps where the federal government, though having plans to build a barrier, has not yet done so.

"The State’s actions have substantially curtailed federal law enforcement personnel from freely accessing the border area, and Arizona’s placement of armed guards on federal land risks putting federal law enforcement officials in danger," the Justice Department Office of Legislative Affairs wrote in an email about its planned action obtained by The Arizona Republic. "Arizona’s actions have also stymied federal efforts to complete construction of border infrastructure projects in certain locations."

The planned lawsuit will be on behalf of the U.S. departments of Agriculture and Interior.
:snippity:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 727436007/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Barnett captured a whopping 23% of the vote *in the primary*, but continues to fight on. He is seeking to "annul" the election.
https://twitter.com/BarnettforAZ/status ... 9703026689
Josh Barnett for Congress (AZ-01) @BarnettforAZ wrote: I need a Patriot AZ attorney to appeal my case. I was wrongly dismissed and I can prove it. I cannot do this Pro Se any further. DM me
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

In the photos of these barriers, where are the millions waiting to climb over them/camped out? My impression is there are swarms everywhere.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

It seems to me that it would take a couple of guys with hand-held, battery operated cutoff wheels a couple of hours to cut a 6' x 6' door in each side of one of those containers. I don't think that the steel is more than about 1/8 thick.

A gasoline powered plasma cutter mounted on the back of a pickup truck could do it even faster.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Or a plain old ladder, plus a wire cutter and some rope to pull down the barbed wire. Container alo have all those handy connection points to attach a rope and rope ladders.
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:04 pm Barnett captured a whopping 23% of the vote *in the primary*, but continues to fight on. He is seeking to "annul" the election.
Josh Barnett for Congress (AZ-01) @BarnettforAZ wrote: I need a Patriot AZ attorney to appeal my case. I was wrongly dismissed and I can prove it. I cannot do this Pro Se any further. DM me
"For completeness," this was the lawsuit in which Donofrio was caught practicing without a license. Hence Barnett's plea for help.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Is Ducey eying a 2024 presidential run? That would explain a PR stunt after the election, and while is a lame-duck governor.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:06 pm Or a plain old ladder, plus a wire cutter and some rope to pull down the barbed wire. Container alo have all those handy connection points to attach a rope and rope ladders.
A largish truck with a winch and a grappling hook could probably roll the top container off onto the ground, then roll it out of the way and roll the bottom container over to create a 48' gap in the wall. Twenty minutes, tops.

I think that standard containers are a little less than 8' tall. That means that the wall is 16' high. A couple of 20' extension ladders (one for each side) would do the trick nicely. Maybe a block and tackle to lift the migrants' meager possessions.

I remember when the rump first proposed the wall, the joke was "show me a 50' wall and I'll show you a 51' ladder". As the ancient Chinese and the January 6 coup participants proved, WALLS DON'T WORK.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

noblepa wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:30 pm I remember when the rump first proposed the wall, the joke was "show me a 50' wall and I'll show you a 51' ladder". As the ancient Chinese and the January 6 coup participants proved, WALLS DON'T WORK.
If the purpose was to actually keep immigrants out, yep, they don't work. But the show is not to stop immigrants. That is not the audience.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

And you could toss drugs over to your accomplice.

Also, do I see gaps filled only by brush?
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:06 pm Or a plain old ladder, plus a wire cutter and some rope to pull down the barbed wire. Container alo have all those handy connection points to attach a rope and rope ladders.
I've seen video of a guy free climbing it IRL in about fifteen seconds. Not much of a barrier.
Edit:
raison de arizona

Sonny Borrelli filed a suit in Mohave County over *checks notes* signature verification in Maricopa County. True the Vote is all over it.
lolsuit: https://www.truethevote.org/wp-content/ ... -12-22.pdf
Exhibits are linked here: https://www.truethevote.org/wp-content/ ... -12-22.pdf
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:02 pm
I've seen video of a guy free climbing it IRL in about fifteen seconds. Not much of a barrier.
:rotflmao: and the barbed wire doesn't even go along the whole lenght of The AZ Wall :blackeye:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:04 pm Barnett captured a whopping 23% of the vote *in the primary*, but continues to fight on. He is seeking to "annul" the election.
Sydney Powell, pick up the White Courtesy phone, Sydney Powell... :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:02 pm It seems to me that it would take a couple of guys with hand-held, battery operated cutoff wheels a couple of hours to cut a 6' x 6' door in each side of one of those containers. I don't think that the steel is more than about 1/8 thick.

A gasoline powered plasma cutter mounted on the back of a pickup truck could do it even faster.
I think they fillled them with rock for some reason, I don't know why.

But a plasma cutter and 15 minutes would get you a hole big enought to drive through in an F-350.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Gregg wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:42 am
noblepa wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:02 pm It seems to me that it would take a couple of guys with hand-held, battery operated cutoff wheels a couple of hours to cut a 6' x 6' door in each side of one of those containers. I don't think that the steel is more than about 1/8 thick.

I think they fillled them with rock for some reason, I don't know why.

But a plasma cutter and 15 minutes would get you a hole big enought to drive through in an F-350.
For ballast. The first ones they placed fell over.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

What? Wait, I wasn't wearing welding goggles or anything! Is that even safe? :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

BREAKING: Kari Lake & Mark Finchem's Attorneys Face Paying $141,690 For Taxpayers' Attorneys' Fees Defending Frivolous Suit (READ Application)

Counsel for unsuccessful candidates Kari Lake and Mark Finchem face the prospect of having to repay taxpayers $141,690 for attorneys' fees incurred in fighting their pre-election lawsuit to require *only* hand counting of paper ballots in the November election.

U.S. District Court Judge John Tuchi previously dismissed the case as frivolous, and ruled earlier this month that attorneys for Lake and Finchem should be held responsible for Maricopa County's attorneys' fees in having to defend the matter (aka Rule 11 sanctions).

Tonight's filing sets forth the time entries for the three attorneys in the Maricopa County Attorneys' Office and the one private attorney who successfully defended the case for the County. They note that the requested sanction is less than similar election-related litigation sanctions last year in Michigan and Colorado.
https://arizonaslaw.blogspot.com/2022/1 ... -face.html
Application for attorney's fees: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... 121522.pdf
Order for sanctions: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... 120122.pdf
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Go, Judge Tuchi! Go!!!

Make lawyers gun shy about these frivolous suits!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:34 pm Go, Judge Tuchi! Go!!!

Make lawyers gun shy about these frivolous suits!
Look who's got over 5000 posts :biggrin: :blissy: :cheer2: :cheer1:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Congratulations, TRL!

:whistle:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:clap:
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Hit the road Jack…

BREAKING: @RealMarkFinchem lawsuit is dismissed with prejudice. Judge affirms @Adrian_Fontes election as Secretary Of State.

Full order-> https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... missal.pdf
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”