Maybenaut

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

I joined The Fogbow (2012 maybe?) I'm a retired Coast Guard JAG, currently working for another attorney doing criminal appeals in the military appellate system, and desperately trying to retire from that. I was out, but then COVID hit and he got really busy and asked me to come back.

We have a cabin in the Ridge and Valley area of the Appalachians (between the Blue Ridge Mountains to the east and the Allegheny Mountains to the west). We're buying the house next door to our cabin and moving out there permanently (we're scheduled to close on Friday, and we'll move in March-ish).
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Azastan
Verified:

Re: Maybenaut

Post by Azastan »

How many JAGs does the Coast Guard have? Because I live close to Seattle, I've worked with a couple of people who were in the Coast Guard.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Azastan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:49 pm How many JAGs does the Coast Guard have? Because I live close to Seattle, I've worked with a couple of people who were in the Coast Guard.
Not many. When I was in there were between 50 and 75 (I don't know the exact number, and I retired in 2007, so it may be different now). Most were in DC and Alameda, then a few each in Seattle, Juneau, Honolulu, New Orleans, Miami, Boston, and maybe a few other places.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Hello,

Nice to meet you again.

Sad-Cafe
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Post by Delarin »

Greetings from a fellow retired Coastie! (CPO) Active duty 1985-2011

Return to “Introduce Yourself”