Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Foggy »

Roodles has discovered that 1) he's judgment-proof (too broke to pay, so why not say anything he wants?) and 2) he'll probably be dead in the morning anyway. :mrgreen:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
noblepa

Rudy Giuliani

Post by noblepa »

Found this article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 7f99&ei=10

The article reports that roodles is asking the federal bankruptcy judge for permission to appeal the $148M verdict and judgement against him. Does he need permission from a bankruptcy judge to appeal?

IANAL, but it seems to me that he could pursue the appeal simultaneously with bankruptcy proceedings. If the appeals court finds in his favor, that would have a profound effect on his bankruptcy.

Could/would a bankruptcy judge deny him permission to appeal the judgement?
Estiveo
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Estiveo »

I think I read that he's asking the bankruptcy judge in an attempt to avoid posting the bond required to appeal, which he can't get because he's broke.

IANAL, and all that so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Image Image Image Image
sad-cafe

Rudy Giuliani

Post by sad-cafe »

He isn't right in the least!

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Rudy Giuliani

Post by RTH10260 »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:14 pm Found this article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 7f99&ei=10

The article reports that roodles is asking the federal bankruptcy judge for permission to appeal the $148M verdict and judgement against him. Does he need permission from a bankruptcy judge to appeal?

IANAL, but it seems to me that he could pursue the appeal simultaneously with bankruptcy proceedings. If the appeals court finds in his favor, that would have a profound effect on his bankruptcy.

Could/would a bankruptcy judge deny him permission to appeal the judgement?
My IANAL interpretation - as he has applied for bankruptcy he can no longer take financial decisions and needs the judge to permit spendings, like the payment for the appeal. Not that he would have that sort of $$$ at hand anyway.
bob

Rudy Giuliani

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:14 pm The article reports that roodles is asking the federal bankruptcy judge for permission to appeal the $148M verdict and judgement against him. Does he need permission from a bankruptcy judge to appeal?
I haven't been following this case, but typically federal bankruptcy proceedings place a stay on litigation. That is, in fact, why many people declare bankruptcy: to hold off collection proceedings or such litigation.

So Giuliani's purported asking the bankruptcy court to modify its stay order seems plausible.

I'm not sure why Giuliani would want that, but I avoid thinking about Giuliani's motivations.

At the bottom of that MSN article:
In response to Lane's request that Giuliani clarify what he's seeking to achieve by filing bankruptcy, his lawyer told the judge that he believes the dollar amount determined in the Freeman case to be "unreasonable" and that he was asking the court to address the figure, either vacating or modifying the verdict.
So it sounds like Giuliani is seeking a temporary lifting of the stay, so he can go back to the defamation court and then litigate the size of the judgment. Presumably when the court denies that (or gives the verdict a modest haircut), Giuliani will run back to bankruptcy court and want the stay re-imposed.

I note the defamation case took place in a federal court, so there are probably issues concerning a bankruptcy judge's ability to control litigation in a different federal district's court.
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Slim Cognito »

Your honor, I have no intention of paying the $XXXX settlement, so please reduce it to an amount I also have no intention of paying.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

Better yet, take a year or two to think about it.
Rolodex

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Rolodex »

Rudy has been ordered to attend his bankruptcy hearing on 2/7 so he can be questioned under oath. :clap:
With a filing on the bankruptcy court docket in New York entered Wednesday, Rudy Giuliani has officially been ordered to testify in person next month about the state of his finances in the wake of a court order that he pay the former election workers he defamed, Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, $148 million.
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ru ... oceedings/
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Rudy Giuliani

Post by raison de arizona »

:bwahaha:
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Now Trump will have to pay Rudy’s creditors since his unpaid legal fees to Rudy are one of Rudy’s assets in his bankruptcy. Just keeps getting better.
Rollin Reisinger @RollinReisinger wrote: The US bankruptcy trustee may be suing Donald Trump on Rudy Giuliani's behalf for unpaid legal expenses. 👀

Discovery will be wild.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Rudy Giuliani

Post by RTH10260 »

Teh Donald to pay Rudy's bills? But he never knew him .... :twisted:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Slim Cognito »

And Rudy's not his type.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

I dunno if he has anything squirreled away somewhere, but Giuliani’s finances are pretty bleak. Of note, a $13,500 court ordered payment to his mother-in-law.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Rudy Giuliani

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

tfg didn't pay? Say it ain't so!
Mike Sington @MikeSington wrote: Rudy Giuliani says Trump owes him $2 million in legal fees. Giuliani: “Once I took over, it was my understanding that I would be paid by the campaign for my legal work, and my expenses to be paid. When we submitted the invoice for payment, they just paid the expenses. Not all but most. They never paid the legal fees.”
Sam the Centipede

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Awww, don't you feel so sooorrrrryy for poor Rudi, so unexpectedly stiffed for his fees by his great chum Donald Trump?

You don't? You really don't care one little bit, not even a soupçon of a tidbit of a fraction of an iota of a morsel of a crumb of a fragment of a grain of sympathy?

Me neither.
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

Best part is that tfg didn't even pay all of Roodles' expenses, Roodles had to pay for the honor of representing tfg :lol:
much ado

Rudy Giuliani

Post by much ado »

It was "[his] understanding...". You need to have gotten it in writing, doofus!
noblepa

Rudy Giuliani

Post by noblepa »

much ado wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:36 pm It was "[his] understanding...". You need to have gotten it in writing, doofus!
Even a written contract with tfg doesn't guarantee payment.
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

much ado wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:36 pm It was "[his] understanding...". You need to have gotten it in writing, doofus!
That doesn't help, with tfg you've got to get the $ up front!
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Ben-Prime »

I'm thinking maybe Rudy shouldn't have taken the small pouch of magic beans in lieu of $.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
W. Kevin Vicklund

Rudy Giuliani

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

How else was he supposed to pay Four Seasons Landscaping?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Ben-Prime »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:51 pm How else was he supposed to pay Four Seasons Landscaping?
[And that was how we started a modern fairy tale as a chain story.]
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

Filipkowski's comment makes me feel a bit icky.
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Are we sure that bankruptcy trustee is keeping tabs on how Rudy spends his money?
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

My eyes! What has been seen cannot be unseen :cantlook:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”