January 6 Select Committee

filly

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by filly »

What do you think the chances are that the T***p White House complied with the Presidential Records Act? Nicolle Wallace was going on about how every email she sent had an automatic bcc to an archives address. Which got me thinking that this lawless administration may have done maybe a partial compliance at best.

One of the reporters mentioned that the Dotard would give out his cell phone number to lots of people to avoid the WH call logs. They also said that John Kelly put a stop to that for a while but then the Dotard would just appropriate Melania's cell phone.

I am glad the Court of Appeals issued their ruling today. Let's see what happens next.
tek

Post by tek »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:55 pm
Mark Meadows and the National Archives are in talks over potential records he did “not properly” turn over from his personal phone and email account, the presidential record-keeping agency confirmed Thursday.
LOCK. HIM. UP.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Does anybody have any opinions on whether the SCOTUS will hear the case?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Post by bob »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:42 pm Does anybody have any opinions on whether the SCOTUS will hear the case?
Because the D.C. Cir. conditioned its continuing the injunction based on SCOTUS' disposing of the case, it'll only take four justices to further the delay.

Having said that, I'm not sure there are four votes for cert.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

OK, here's a way to post video content from Telegram... uploaded it to Twitter.

#January6th Planner Ali Abdul-Razaq Akbar aka Ali Alexander of #StopTheSteal gives remarks in DC before testifying before the #January6thCommittee. Akbar has stated he plotted with Reps. Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Mo Brooks (Ala.) and Paul A. Gosar (Ariz.). #January6thInsurrection

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

► Show Spoiler
Do not be misled: President Trump is trying to hide what happened on January 6th and to delay and obstruct. We will not let that happen.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

The Committee has set Monday evening for the Meadows contempt vote.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I can't fault somebody for working over the Pita House. If I had a choice, I might consider the same.

http://www.thepitahouse.com/menu/
101010 :towel:
filly

Post by filly »

Best thing I've seen all day:

(Also, too, nothing like having a lawyer who wears a porkpie hat)
filly

Post by filly »

northland10 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:52 pm I can't fault somebody for working over the Pita House. If I had a choice, I might consider the same.

http://www.thepitahouse.com/menu/
Sure, it's always good to have your legal papers smell like Baba Ghanouj.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

A couple dozen minions will draw jail time, all congresscritters and administration mutts will walk with no consequence.

That's what's going to happen. The Democrats have no spine.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Loving our little Zach! :P
Jan. 6 Organizer Ali Alexander Served With Lawsuit After Eight-Hour Deposition
'YOU’VE BEEN SERVED’
The far-right activist made a beeline for his ride. “I have a summons for you. Please take it,” the server said, “or I’m just going to have to leave it on the hood of your car.”
Zachary Petrizzo Media Reporter Updated Dec. 09, 2021 8:19PM ET / Published Dec. 09, 2021 8:06PM ET

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Jan. 6 organizer and “Stop the Steal” leader Ali Alexander appeared Thursday morning at a federal office building to be deposed by the House select committee tasked with investigating the Capitol riot. By the end of Alexander’s eight-hour closed-door deposition, he left with more legal troubles on his hands than when he arrived—as two eager process servers affiliated with the same legal matter stood ready to hand-deliver him documents after he emerged from the deposition.

“Mr. Alexander, I have a summons for you. I have a summons for you,” one of the process servers said. “Please know this is a valid service of process.” The far-right activist then made a beeline for his waiting ride while being tailed by the process server. “I have a summons for you. Please take it,” the server added, “or I’m just going to have to leave it on the hood of your car.” Alexander replied to the prospects of the legal paperwork being left on the front hood of the vehicle, “That’s an Uber!”

The Daily Beast confirmed the Thursday evening event’s legitimacy but could not confirm what civil matter the served legal documents are pertaining to. Then the Jan. 6 organizer’s lawyers, nearing the vehicle, stepped in. “What is that for?” one of Alexander’s lawyers asked the process server. “Don’t throw anything at him. Treat him with respect,” the attorney added. “I am asking you a question.” Unfazed by the lawyer’s inquiries, the process server placed the legal documents inside the car after Alexander got in, adding, “You’ve been served, sir.”

Alexander’s eight-hour deposition at the Thomas P. O’Neill Jr. Federal Building came to a close Thursday at 6 p.m. The deposition was the first public appearance the far-right activist has made in nearly a year, despite frequently partaking in unhinged calls with his supporters on Telegram during that time. Neither Alexander nor his lawyer returned multiple requests for comment from The Daily Beast.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/ali-alexa ... -committee

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

So ummm they made a PowerPoint presentation
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Ahh - machine count cannot be trusted and must be redone by hand. But when the doubly impeached was elected, at that time it was all fine :confuzzled:
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

At this point, the things he claims to have happened are either impossible or require orders of magnitude more resources than it would take for the Democratic campaigns to just turn out more voters.
tek

Post by tek »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:38 am At this point, the things he claims to have happened are either impossible or require orders of magnitude more resources than it would take for the Democratic campaigns to just turn out more voters.
Projection.
They'd cheat, they assume everyone else would.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://bipartisanreport.com/2021/12/10 ... committee/
Top Trump ally Jason Miller has begun cooperating with the House committee investigating the Capitol riot, and now, an NBC report says that an appearance by Miller in front of the panel that had been scheduled for Friday has been postponed amid contacts between the committee’s team and Miller. In a previous public announcement of a subpoena for Miller, the riot investigation committee zeroed in on the fact that he’d apparently “participated in a meeting on January 5th, 2021 at the Willard Hotel in Washington, D.C., in which [Rudy] Giuliani, Stephen Bannon, and others discussed options for overturning the results of the November 2020 election by, among other things, pressuring Vice President Pence to not certify the electoral college results.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge ... d=msedgntp
U.S. District Court Judge Carl Nichols has issued a protective order in Steve Bannon's criminal contempt of Congress case, effectively barring him or his lawyers from releasing to the public the trial material given to them by prosecutors.

"All materials provided by the United States in preparation for, or in connection with, any stage of this case ("the Materials") are subject to this protective order," Nichols ruled Friday. "The defendant and defense counsel shall not disclose the Materials or their contents directly or indirectly to any person or entity other than persons employed to assist in the defense, persons who are interviewed as potential witnesses, counsel for potential witnesses, and other person to whom the Court may authorize disclosure."

Any materials related to the case that are already in the public sphere or obtained by Bannon outside of the evidentiary discovery process aren't subject to these rules.
Luke

Post by Luke »

The vise is closing on these traitors, liars, and insurrectionists. Good to hear Nichols smacked Bannon down.

"Eagle Ed" Martin was a close ally of Ali Akbar. He runs (or ran) Phyllis Schafly's organization. On an external hard drive, I'm sure I have a ton of Akbar's Periscopes as well as Ed Martin's ranting and plotting. Maybe over the weekend I'll take a look, assume the Committee has all of it and it's extensive. Ed Martin absolutely worked with those congressmen (Mo Brooks, Paul Gosar, Andy Biggs). Ed came off as totally submissive to Akbar at their events. I remember Ed being bossed around at many events, including the StopTheSteal Georgia event (think Lin Wood and Vernon Jones were at that one too). That was before Akbar surrounded the Governor's mansion. Seeing Eagle Ed sent to jail would be really cool. Sent him congrats :P

A little Christmas grift:

Jan. 6 committee issues six new subpoenas, including two Trump associates
Congressional investigators are focused on who coordinated Jan. 6 rally with Trump
By KYLE CHENEY and NICHOLAS WU 12/10/2021 02:36 PM EST

Congressional investigators have subpoenaed two associates of Donald Trump who they believe met with him in the president’s private dining room on Jan. 4 to discuss the speaker lineup at his Jan. 6 rally near the White House. The subpoenas to Robert Peede, Jr. and Max Miller seek details of their knowledge of the Trump meeting as well as contacts with organizers of the rally that preceded the violent mob attack on the Capitol. The congressional panel said it had documents and information showing Peede and Miller met with Trump in the dining room adjacent to the Oval Office on Jan. 4 to discuss the rally at the Ellipse. Miller, a former aide to Trump, is now a congressional candidate in Ohio.

The subpoenas were part of a batch of six that also includes Ed Martin, a prominent conservative activist who is representing some of the defendants charged with breaching the Capitol. Martin helped promote some pro-Trump Jan. 6 events. The subpoenas seek documents by Dec. 23 and depositions between Jan. 4 and Jan. 10. It’s an indication that the investigation will continue at full speed in the new year, even as the panel prepares for a series of public hearings to present its findings sometime in the spring.

The panel issued a summons to Bryan Lewis, who had issued an application to the Capitol Police for a permit to hold a Jan. 6 demonstration about the electoral vote count. The committee also subpoenaed Brian Jack, then the Director of Political Affairs at the White House, who had reached out to at least one member of Congress — Rep. Mo Brooks, to ask them to speak at the Ellipse on Jan.6. Lastly, the panel subpoenaed Kimberly Fletcher, an activist with conservative group Moms for America, helped hold the Jan. 5 rally at Freedom Plaza and the Jan. 6 ellipse rally. The panel said it had documents showing her correspondence with Stop the Steal organizer Ali Alexander during the application process for another event around Jan. 6
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/1 ... nas-524095
Luke

Post by Luke »

This is how Jenna Ellis should always be remembered, it sums up her legal knowledge and judgment.

INSURRECTION FALLOUT
Trump campaign lawyer authored two memos claiming Pence could halt Biden’s victory
In one previously unreported memo, Jenna Ellis delivered a technical — and far-fetched — legal argument to another of the former president's outside lawyers.
By BETSY WOODRUFF SWAN and KYLE CHENEY 12/10/2021 12:52 PM EST Updated: 12/10/2021 01:00 PM EST

A Donald Trump campaign lawyer wrote two legal memos in the week before the Jan. 6 Capitol attack that claimed then-Vice President Mike Pence had the authority to refuse to count presidential electors from states that delivered Joe Biden the White House. The memos from then-Trump lawyer Jenna Ellis, which contain widely disputed legal theories about Pence’s ability to stop a Biden presidency, underscore Ellis’ promotion of extreme arguments that she promulgated amid Trump's effort to reverse the election results. Her actions have remained largely below the radar as House investigators probe Trump’s inner circle.

A Dec. 31 Ellis memo delivered to Trump’s office suggested that Pence — who was constitutionally responsible for presiding over Congress’ counting of electoral votes on Jan. 6 — should simply refuse to open envelopes from states whose election results Trump considered to be fraudulent. That memo was described by ABC reporter Jonathan Karl in his recent book “Betrayal.” POLITICO is publishing it in full for the first time. In a second, previously unreported memo dated Jan. 5, Ellis made a more technical legal argument that she delivered to Jay Sekulow, one of Trump's outside lawyers. Sekulow represented Trump during his first impeachment and in a series of legal battles during his administration, but he had minimal involvement in Trump’s election litigation. The exception was an early November Supreme Court case regarding Pennsylvania’s mail-in ballots.
In the Jan. 5 memo, Ellis argued that key provisions of the Electoral Count Act — limiting Pence’s authority to affirm or reject certain electors — were likely unconstitutional. She concluded that Pence, while presiding over lawmakers’ counting of electors, should simply halt the process when their alphabetical proceeding reached Arizona. Then, she said, he should declare that the state failed to meet the legal standard for certifying its own electors and “require the final ascertainment of electors to be completed before continuing.” “The states would therefore have to act,” she wrote.

Ellis said in a statement that her memos "were exploring legal theories" rather than wholesale endorsements of the legal strategies she was outlining. "At no time did I advocate for overturning the election or that Mike Pence had the authority to do so," Ellis told POLITICO. "As part of my role as a campaign lawyer and counsel for President Trump, I explored legal options that might be available within the context of the U.S. Constitution and statutory law.”
More: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/1 ... den-524088

Here are Jenna's memos: https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000017d ... ddcf600000

Loved Brad Moss' tweet about Kamala Harris' POWER after the 2024 election so much :lol: I wanted to ask Jenna and her friend Brigitte Gabriel
@ACTBrigitt about it. Sadly, they haven't replied yet!!

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Funny how the Republicans are now providing the legal playing field for the Democrats to unseat a potential future Republican potus :lol:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke

Post by Luke »

It just gets deeper and deeper for them. Jenna was just hanging out with Ms. Bullet Necklace, asked her if she knew about the insurrection meeting but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I could swear I saw ladies of Fogbow with that classy clutch :P Or is it a license plate like Jenna might be making in jail?

Lovely. Jenna, did you know on 1/4/21 Trump had a meeting in his private dining room with @KatrinaPierson, @MaxMillerOH & Robert “Bobby” Peede to plan the #January6thInsurrection? #January6thCommittee disclosed it in his subpoena. Bobby was Dep Asst & Dir Advance for POTUS & VP.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

BREAKING: trump met privately with rally organizers in the White House January 4th according to subpoenas issues by the 1/6 committee today.
I feel like this is neither surprising nor news.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Chris Hayes had his opening piece about the desperation of the trumpers in the last few days before the attempted coup. Part of it centered on Ruby Freeman, who was threatened as a poll worker. :twisted:

It's really terrifying.

Edited to add a link to the original Reuters article.

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”