These people suck. They are bad people.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Project 2025

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Merged
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Project 2025

Post by keith »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:28 am I’m so proud my grandson can quote Monty Python!!!!
Hey, one of my best friends who can seldom recognize his own daughter let alone me anymore, can remember Monty Python.

Yesterday we visited and he pointed at his wife and said 'she's a goer'.
I said 'wink wink nudge nudge'.
He replied 'say no more'.

Monty Python is imprinted on human engrams.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Project 2025

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Project 2025

Post by RTH10260 »

Here is what will happen on day one of Trump’s presidency, according to Project 2025
As Trump utters the last phrase of the oath of office – ‘so help me God’ – the first phase of what Project 2025’s authors call ‘the playbook’ begins

Daniel Martinez HoSang
Mon 9 Sep 2024 11.00 CEST

It’s a cold day in Washington DC in late January 2025. Though Donald Trump has lost the popular vote for a third consecutive election, his narrow capture of the electoral college has delivered the presidency.

During the campaign, Trump offered some symbolic gestures to distance himself from Project 2025, the Heritage Foundation-led policy blueprint for the next Republican administration, matched with a database of conservative personnel to execute those plans. “Personnel is politics,” they explain.

But with Republicans now holding bare majorities in both chambers of Congress, the gloves come off. As Trump utters the last phrase of the oath of office – “so help me God” – the first phase of what Project 2025’s authors call “the playbook” begins.

First come the firings. Thousands of federal, non-partisan civil servants –environmental and food safety regulators; authorities in disaster relief coordination; attorneys overseeing anti-discrimination policies in housing, education and employment; medical and scientific researchers – receive immediate layoff notices. Many will not be replaced, as entire federal programs and agencies are shuttered. The new personnel that do arrive come from conservative thinktanks, or are rightwing activists who applied through the Project 2025 application database. Political cronyism is now the official hiring policy of the US federal government.

Next come the roundups. As drafted by the Maga nativist-in-chief Stephen Miller, a broad range of law enforcement, from the national guard to state and local police are deputized for a new deportation army. Sweeps of neighborhoods and businesses take aim at blue states and cities, but general terror is their intended goal. Detention centers are established on military bases and federal facilities with quick access to airfields to execute mass removals. Nearly a million lawfully present immigrants are stripped of their legal protections, subjecting them to immediate deportation. An end to Daca and a return of the Muslim ban follow.

In the following months other parts of the agenda unfold. Cuts in corporate taxes so generous they would make the robber barons blush. An end to federal funding for public television and radio that forces many local stations to shutter. The termination of Head Start programs leaves hundreds of thousands of parents and guardians without preschool or childcare. The elimination of the Department of Education and programs like Title I halt funding and many protections for students with disabilities, English learners and students from low-income households.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... oject-2024
roadscholar

Project 2025

Post by roadscholar »

“Project 2025” sounds so harmless… I’m calling it the Trumpist Manifesto.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Project 2025

Post by Flatpoint High »

roadscholar wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:45 pm “Project 2025” sounds so harmless… I’m calling it the Trumpist Manifesto.
apparently, he's known about it since 2022: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... l-mandate/
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Rolodex

Project 2025

Post by Rolodex »

MAGA Manifesto. They're gonna keep pushing this long after he's pushing up daisies.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Project 2025

Post by Flatpoint High »

Rolodex wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:18 pm MAGA Manifesto. They're gonna keep pushing this long after he's pushing up daisies.
of course they are - they are authoritarians to their 5th column core
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Dr. Ken

Project 2025

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Project 2025

Post by RTH10260 »

I read the full 900-page Project 2025 manifesto – here’s why it matters
Heritage Foundation blueprint describes an America poisoned by ‘wokeness’ and overtaken by lawlessness that only conservatives can save

Rachel Leingang
Sat 14 Sep 2024 14.00 CEST

Iprinted out all 900-plus pages of Project 2025 in February on my home printer, stacking the unwieldy chapters on my desk. Bit by bit, each evening, I read my way through the plans that seek to dramatically alter each federal agency.

Most Americans who know about Project 2025 consume it in bite-size pieces, like Instagram infographics, or see the name on billboards. They hear politicians, like Vice-President Kamala Harris, mention it on stage – or former president Donald Trump disavow it in TV interviews. These attempt to neatly distill all the ways the document could upend the US government. For Democrats, Project 2025 has become a buzzword for the 2024 election, a shorthand way to warn voters what could be ahead if Trump wins again in November.

My own consumption of the project was not as piecemeal – I read the full conservative manifesto by the Heritage Foundation and its many rightwing allies. Here’s what I learned from the document and all the controversy surrounding it.

Project 2025’s policy guidebook, Mandate for Leadership, describes an America poisoned by “wokeness” and overtaken by lawlessness and chaos, where conservatives need to seize power immediately – and for as long as possible – to right a sinking ship.

The guide is just one part of the broader plan Project 2025 and Heritage had in mind to dismantle the government, recruit thousands of politically aligned people to staff an incoming Trump administration, and quickly guide the next president into the steps needed to accomplish their preferred policy changes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... 5-election
AndyinPA
Verified:

Project 2025

Post by AndyinPA »

Ali Velshi has been tackling a different chapter every Sunday morning on MSNBC.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
chancery
Verified:

Project 2025

Post by chancery »

https://x.com/harris_wins/status/183571 ... my-beer%2F
Kamala’s Wins
@harris_wins
BREAKING: In a stunning leak, Donald Trump gave the keynote address at the Heritage Foundation where he announced the work the foundation did (Project 2025) would be crucial to his policy goals. Retweet so all Americans know Trump will enact Project 2025.
This is, of course, from campaign social media, but it seems like a fair characterization of the video clip, which is damning.
pipistrelle

Project 2025

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Project 2025

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'd expected Stephen Miller's name to be attached to that story, but, then again, they're all cut from the same coffin drapery.
ImageImageImage x5
sugar magnolia

Project 2025

Post by sugar magnolia »

Did he eat it?
RTH10260

Project 2025

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump's Democracy-Busting Project 2025: My Congressional Testimony

Glenn Kirschner
25 Sept 2024

I had the pleasure of being invited to testify before Congress about Donald Trump and the Republican's rule-of-law busting Project 2025.

The challenge: in a five-minute-long opening statement, I had to highlight and summarize why Project 2025 represents Trump's blueprint for autocracy. Here is how it went.
Rolodex

Project 2025

Post by Rolodex »

Some memes about P2025 have been floating around on my FB (and a smaller extent on xitter). They are mostly vote Harris - a vote for turmp is a vote for 2025.

In the comments, the trumpers state that trump has nothing to do with it and and disavowed it. We know all about the real deal there, but they just take him at his word. I did see that he's mentioned hundreds of times in the plan, but I have not confirmed that. What we do have here is information about things in p2025 that are indeed trumpy - things he tried before, has promised, etc. It will provide good info if you feel like a clap back on some of those bUt tRumP dOesn'T HaVe anYtHiNg tO do WiTh It! folks.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/projec ... -policies/
But a line-by-line review by CBS News identified at least 270 proposals in Project 2025's published blueprint for the next Republican president that match Trump's past policies and current campaign promises.

CBS News' data team extracted more than 700 specific policy proposals from Project 2025's 922-page policy guide and compared each one to policies enacted during Trump's first term as well as his campaign platform, rally speeches and interviews.

From shuttering the Department of Education to excising every mention of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion from federal agencies' projects and programs, the Project 2025 agenda often matches Trump's recorded words and his Administration's deeds.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”