INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Placeholder INDICATED 4 - Quadfecta? Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump (et al?) - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by Foggy »

The most amazing thing about the Georgia election is not that Trump tried to overturn the results. That was right in character for him.

The most amazing thing is not that there's so much evidence that Trump and his team were willing - even eager - to break the law. He was working with a team of criminals, because he got rid of anyone who wasn't willing to commit crimes for him.

To me the most amazing thing about this whole thing is that Georgia actually voted for Joe Biden, just like I did. He won by eleven thousand votes, and he really, actually, provably, certifiably won, by gum.

He won Georgia, a bastion of Republicanism in the Deep South.

And they counted the votes three times, and Joe Biden won every single time.

If it's Trump v. Biden in 2024, will Georgia vote for Joe Biden again?

Is Georgia now a purple state? :confuzzled: :think:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Placeholder INDICATED 4 - Quadfecta? Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump (et al?) - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by RTH10260 »

Flatpoint High wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:57 pm
discordianism-a-spoof-religion.jpg
Fanni Willis on her last stretch ;)
much ado

Post by much ado »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:33 pm
Flatpoint High wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:57 pm
discordianism-a-spoof-religion.jpg
Fanni Willis on her last stretch ;)
Love her shoes.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:waiting:

I had to wander over to Fox's website. Lots of headlines, nothing about Georgia, just the usual unimportant BS.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

So much for grand jury secrecy... :doh:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

much ado wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:21 pm Image
I really, really should have heeded my instincts and gone to the store for champaign and popcorn today, but no.... :popcorn:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:24 pm So much for grand jury secrecy... :doh:
I always thought the secrecy wasn't so much about what they were doing when, but more about the testimony they'd received.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:24 pm The most amazing thing about the Georgia election is not that Trump tried to overturn the results. That was right in character for him.

The most amazing thing is not that there's so much evidence that Trump and his team were willing - even eager - to break the law. He was working with a team of criminals, because he got rid of anyone who wasn't willing to commit crimes for him.

To me the most amazing thing about this whole thing is that Georgia actually voted for Joe Biden, just like I did. He won by eleven thousand votes, and he really, actually, provably, certifiably won, by gum.

He won Georgia, a bastion of Republicanism in the Deep South.

And they counted the votes three times, and Joe Biden won every single time.
:fingerwag: :fingerwag: Those are all certainly amazing, but far from the most amazingest thing about this whole thing, which is this:

Hundreds, possibly thousands, of Republican Trump-voting Georgians involved in the election process, including vote counters, room managers, district supervisors, state attorneys, up to and including the secretary of state, the attorney general, and the governor, uniformly, bravely, honestly, and honorably followed the law in acknowledging that their candidate had lost the election.

MAGA world has devoted billions of dollars and untold amounts of personal pressure in an effort to ensure that such honest obedience to the law never happens again.

There's an Emily Dickinson poem that had me sobbing for 15 minutes the first time I read it, nearly 50 years ago, and it still elicits a sentimental reaction.

It's about the epitaph by Simonides for the Spartans at Thermopylae, not what is now known about the historical Sparta and the historical battle, but about an idealized Thermopylae that has inspired writers and poets for two and a half millenia.* The election officials in Georgia deserve it more than Sparta ever did.
"Go tell it" - What a Message -
To whom - is specified -
Not murmur - not endearment -
But simply - we - obeyed -
Obeyed - a Lure - a Longing?
Oh Nature - none of this -
To Law - said sweet Thermopylae
I give my dying Kiss -

_________
* @BretDevereaux has written _very_extensively about the real Sparta, on twitter, on his blog (see, e.g., https://acoup.blog/2022/08/19/collectio ... ospective/], and recently in a "Foreign Policy" article, https://foreignpolicy.com/2023/07/22/sp ... d-history/

See also Dr Roel Konijnendijk: https://twitter.com/Roelkonijn/status/1 ... 0886956032 and https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/ ... t/dl8ns8q/

As Devereaux recently summed up:
Sparta was – if you will permit the comparison – an ancient North Korea. An over-militarized, paranoid state which was able only to protect its own systems of internal brutality and which added only oppression to the sum of the human experience. Little more than an extraordinarily effective prison, metastasized to the level of a state. There is nothing of redeeming value here.
Also this, about Thermopylae:
https://twitter.com/BretDevereaux/statu ... 0524873728
@BretDevereaux
With just 300 Spartan warriors!
And 900 or so perioikoi.
And 500 Mantineans.
And 500 Tegeans.
Over 1000 Arcadians.
400 Corinthians, 200 from Philus, 80 from Mycenae.

And 700 Thespians.
And 400 Thebans.
All the *Locrians they had.
And a thousand Phocians.

And an ??? helots.
Edit: corrected misspelling of a name. :bag:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:33 pm
Reality Check wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:24 pm So much for grand jury secrecy... :doh:
I always thought the secrecy wasn't so much about what they were doing when, but more about the testimony they'd received.
I do not think such details are normally released. We only know that witnesses are called if they choose to release that information.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Chancery as we wait that is beautiful. Thousands of ordinary, patriotic Americans, from the Vice President and Governors and Secretaries of State on down, did their duty in thwarting Trump. I have no doubt that they will do so again.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:37 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:33 pm
I do not think such details are normally released. We only know that witnesses are called if they choose to release that information.
There are a lot of experienced court watchers out there too. They watch which floors and elevators certain people go to, and which trash bins have food wrappers, etc.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Ten indictments.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

poplove wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:02 pm Ten indictments.
I assume this means ten people not ten actual counts?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
much ado

Post by much ado »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:53 pm Before getting a WaPo subscription during Prime Day, one of the gift links I appreciated the most were the Live Updates pages. They have lots of mini stories in them.

So here's LIVE UPDATES:
Georgia grand jury is hearing the Trump 2020 election case
Read here: https://wapo.st/47vTHv2
Bumping up OL's live WaPo gift link.
bob

Post by bob »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:07 pm
poplove wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:02 pm Ten indictments.
I assume this means ten people not ten actual counts?
Presumably. Each could have multiple defendants; it could also be the same defendant 10 different ways, tho.

Image ImageImage
much ado

Post by much ado »

Says 10 indictments were returned and ZERO were "No Billed".
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Katie Phang is saying that there could be more than one name on each indictment. :popcorn:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

10 INDICATEDS! #4 - Quadfecta? Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump (et al?) - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by Luke »

Indicated #4!

To make it as easy as possible for Trump supporters:

Clerk says it could take 3 hours to process the paperwork.

:lol: Was it GG who called it, for HRC to be on Maddow when it came down? WINNER!

Opened up the Clowns Twitter List -- changed the name to GOPStars to throw them off a bit. Will leave it open until tomorrow, you can see their real time reaction. Nearly 400 MAGAts on the list.

https://twitter.com/i/lists/1312003788702531586

ETA 9:35pm EDT: And here comes Hillary with Rachel!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
much ado

10 INDICATEDS! #4 - Quadfecta? Perfecta? Georgia v. Donald Trump (et al?) - "Find Me 11,780 Votes" - Fani Willis

Post by much ado »

NYT live coverage gift link:

Georgia Trump Investigation - Grand Jury Delivers Indictment in Election Interference Case

As OL says above, most recent post is
The clerk of the Fulton County Superior Court has returned to her office with the documents. She said that “worst case,” it’ll be three hours until copies are made public.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”