"What job did you do?"

"What?

"What was your job? What kind of work did you do for Goldman Sachs."

"I was a janitor."
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Post by Suranis »

Other possibility. He did work for a company who did contract work for a company that did contract work for Goldman Sachs.

So He worked-ish for Oldman Sacs-ish.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Looks like Fox isn't a safe place for him. Good.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/27/gop-orgs- ... d-he-quit/

Nothing else to say, George?
Liar Rep.-elect George Santos was less chatty on Tuesday — when The Post spotted the 34-year-old Republican moving luggage, shopping bags, and a pair of dogs into his sister’s apartment in Elmhurst just a day after he copped to fibbing about most of his resume during his successful House campaign.

In an exclusive interview with the Post on Monday, Santos admitted he lied about most of his credentials — confessing that he had “never worked directly” for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup and acknowledging he never graduated from college despite earlier claims to the contrary.

“My sins here are embellishing my resume,” he said at the time. “I’m sorry.”

“Congressman-Elect George Santos has broken the public trust by making serious misstatements regarding his background, experience and education, among other issues,” Nassau County Republican Committee Chairman Joseph Cairo said in a statement to the Post that stopped short of demanding that Santos resign his seat in the House of Representatives. “He has a lot of work to do to regain the trust of voters and everyone who he represents in Congress. I am deeply disappointed in Mr. Santos, and I expected more than just a blanket apology.”
:snippity:
Santos had been a prominent speaker at the RJC’s November conference, where he flubbed the first name of returning Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

“I also stand here very proud to congratulate Prime Minister David Netanyahu for his return to power and to government,” he said in his remarks.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I can embellish a plain jacket, or I can create one out of whole-cloth.

There is a HUGE difference.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:45 am Other possibility. He did work for a company who did contract work for a company that did contract work for Goldman Sachs.

So He worked-ish for Oldman Sacs-ish.
Well, I've worked for companies that had government contracts, so I'm pretty much a defense contractor, amiright?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Say the quiet part out loud, why don't you? :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Time to add a third potential federal crime: campaign finance fraud.

In 2021, Santos incorporated the Devolder Org in FL, which has no known assets.

In 2022, he reports income of $750k, all from Devolder. He then gives $700k to his campaign.

Where did that money come from?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Will he last until New Year? Just asking for a friend ;)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Was he also using this very new entity that, all of the sudden, increased his net wealth into the millions from having no net wealth in 2020, was this created in order to avoid the campaign finance laws?”
@danielsgoldman
asks of
@Santos4Congress
http://specne.ws/osGfna via
@NY1
https://www.semafor.com/article/12/28/2 ... his-wealth

Rep.-elect George Santos has admitted to “embellishing” his resume with fake stints on Wall Street and a phantom college degree. He’s still trying to defend against accusations that he pretended to be Jewish.

But the burning question for many people, including his soon-to-be Republican and Democratic colleagues in Congress, is simple: Where did he get the money to fund his campaign?

“Where did all that money come from?” Rep. Ritchie Torres, D-N.Y. tweeted on Tuesday. “The Ethics Committee MUST start investigating immediately.”

When he first ran for Congress in 2020, Santos, who appears to have suffered from financial trouble for much of his adult life, filed disclosures listing no assets and a salary of $55,000, which he earned as a vice president at LinkBridge Investors, a business development firm. But the filings from his most recent run suggest he came into sudden riches, making between $3.5 million and $11.5 million from a company he founded called the Devolder Organization in 2021. He loaned his campaign more than $700,000.

In a phone conversation with Semafor, Santos offered a short tick-tock of how he made his money that left certain key details unanswered.

Devolder was dissolved in September 2022 after failing to file an annual report. Given that timing, Rep.-elect Dan Goldman, D-N.Y., has raised the question of whether it was created merely to funnel illegal campaign donations. Santos added further to the mystery by reviving Devolder in Florida last week after the New York Times ran its initial bombshell story about fabrications in his resume, at an address reportedly owned by a former Harbor City executive.

Moar at the link, still reading.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

More "you're not the boss of me" & I don't answer to my peers:
“If he wants to avoid an investigation and he wants to truly come clean, as he claimed he was trying to do yesterday and that other Republican members elected called for him to do, then he should be an open book and reveal all of this related to the Devolder Organization,” Goldman said.

That, however, seems unlikely to happen soon.

“I don’t dance to the tune of Congressman-elect Dan Goldman,” Santos told Semafor. “I don’t dance to the tune of these guys. If it was requested of me to produce any documentation from this organization, I have no problem doing so to people with the proper authority, not to authoritarian members of congress that think they have authority over their peers.”
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Is he Devolder, and Santos only when he wants to be LatinX?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:46 pm Is he Devolder, and Santos only when he wants to be LatinX?
he's both he's "Latine-ish"
20221228161107.png
20221228161107.png (72.78 KiB) Viewed 11512 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

include stupid-ish :biggrin:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:52 pm include stupid-ish :biggrin:
Well, maybe no -ish.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Santos attacking Republicans opposing McCarthy on December 4th: The nonsense has to stop. The folks in our conference have to get together and say enough is enough, the charade is over.. This is embarrassing us and this is giving the Democrats leverage and power over us

The Republican Executive of Nassau County says it’s clear Santos has emotional issues and he needs to address those issues with a health care professional
:roll:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Is that Trey Gowdy? Is he still a thing?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Collins: He just lied about almost everything except his name and I heard somebody comment the other day, are we even sure he's Republican?
“The Republican district attorney for Nassau county, New York has opened an investigation into GOP congressman elect George Santos”
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Kendra wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:38 pm
Collins: He just lied about almost everything except his name and I heard somebody comment the other day, are we even sure he's Republican?
“The Republican district attorney for Nassau county, New York has opened an investigation into GOP congressman elect George Santos”
He sure lies like one.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It was an honor to tour the United States Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point today. In Congress, I look forward to working alongside them to fully utilize this amazing resource we have in our own backyard in #NY03.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

he's planning on selling it to himself..
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Now he has seen the institution he is able to claim without getting red that he graduated there :twisted:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Federal prosecutors looking into George Santos' seemingly sudden wealth, sources tell ABC News

ByLuke Barr, Soorin Kim, and Aaron Katersky via ABCNews logo
Wednesday, December 28, 2022 10:47PM.

LONG ISLAND -- Federal prosecutors have started looking into public filings by Congressman-elect George Santos amid questions about the source of his wealth, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

The sources were careful not to characterize this as a formal investigation and stressed that prosecutors, at this stage, are only looking at publicly available filings that show Santos, when he first ran for Congress in 2020, listed no assets and a salary of $55,000. During his most recent run Santos said on a financial disclosure form he made millions from a company he founded in 2021, Devolder Organization.

A disclosure form with the Federal Election Committee showed Santos loaned his campaign $705,000.

The seemingly sudden wealth drew the attention of Congressional Democrats, including New York Rep. Ritchie Torres, who tweeted "George Santos, a former call center employee falling behind on his rent, lent his campaign a staggering $705,000. Where did all that money come from?"

https://abc7ny.com/george-santos-income ... /12623759/
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

This is the one thing that could get him into trouble.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Talk about stupid!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Nobel Peace Prize will be next.

Return to “Current Politics”